What's your dream/main team? Descriptions and strategy tips for new players included!

ZedB170993
10 posts Member
edited January 2017
Thought I'd start a nice conversation thread where everyone describes their dream team- their top team that they take with them to arena battles and Galactic War fights. Any tips as well will be welcome

Mine is

Clone Wars Chewbacca as Leader.Buffed Passive Leader ability is plus 50 defence and defence up for 2 turns when allies damaged. Has taunt and self heal ability.
Luminara Unduli- Attacker and Healer. Primary Healer with a heal ability that heals overtime. I prefer her to Barriss who has the best heal of the team but is only effective the more teammates that are alive. Her attack is pretty impressive too. Leveled up she is an awesome fighter.
Savage Oppress- Attacker and secondary tank. Burly attacker who hits back with a vengeance with his Brute ability and take punishment with defence up. His main attack is good once you beef it up, but his best ability is Overpower- which I would call the kill move, because we all know it is an instant kill ability to opponents who have 25% health or less. Can also be used as a good secondary attack as well.
Kylo Ren.- Attacker who is also quite tanky I find. His ragged cut has a chance to block healing, his lash out move is good for targetting all enemies especially if one of them is taunting, and Outrage is his most awesome move, not just because he strikes like Darth Vader and is his strongest attack but when he gets to 50% health, the attack gets boosted to 75%. Handy if Kylo gets in trouble. Also his passive means his abilities have a chance of cooling down quicker.
Ewok Elder- Secondary Healer. Once you buff his attack and defences he can be a competent fighter. His real expertise is healing. His heal move heals a decent amount, not as well as Luminar but enough, and can also revive more than one defeated ally at once. His special move is Power of the Forest which is a guaranteed heal ability.

Strategies.
My team's strategy is more a persistent hang-in-there-and-keep-hitting-them until they start to fall apart.
Chewie's taunt is great for taking the heat of the not-so-tanky characters or those who are about to die.
Should Chewie die, Ewok Elder's revive abilities can bring him back, and then I use Defiant Roar to make Chewie self-heal and save my healers having to patch him up and focus on times when more than one teammate needs a heal.
Savage exists as clean-up. Anyone who gets below 25% health when his overpower move is ready is done for, so unless an enemy teammate is taunting or someone pops a heal, prepare to become one with the force, very soon.
Having more than one healer is essential. With healers you need more than one in case you come up against a highly offensive team.
And of course, having a character who can revive dead teammates is also a must.
Savage is good as a bruiser, while Kylo Ren is attack, attack, attack. His Outrage move is great for turning the fight around and evening the odds really quickly when he starts to fall under 50%, meaning that he is not an easy kill. Velocitous has opened a character redesign post suggesting he should get a leadership perk and a Force Stun ability, which I think is an ok idea and has merit, but I worry that if he loses his lash-out ability, he won't be able to wear down the enemy team or hit vulnerable opponents when a tank is taunting.

Anyway that is my primary team. I don't count myself as a top player as i am miles away from getting as good as the elites, but it works.

Other teams I have in shorter detail are as follows

Boba Fett- Critical Chance up by 50%- recent change turned him into a self-reviving high damage attacker. A good choice and one that makes sense, even though he is not as tanky as he was before, when he was, you know, a tank. can ignore taunts with Bounty Hunter's resolve.
Rey- again, Attack, Attack, Attack. Lethal and badass. When levelled up and given enough Ability Materials, Great for taking down pesky sith who like to evade a lot, or any tank if she is strong enough. I do find it amusing everytime she takes down Darth Sidious- Dark Lord of the Sith gets pummeled to death by Force Sensitive Scavenger Chick with a metal staff.
Old Daka- Healer and chance based revive- hope this changes to guaranteed like Ewok Elder. Attack also stuns and is very potent when buffed.
Mace Windu- Powerful tank with chance to expose, which is handy when taking down equally tough opponents. Good lightsaber attacks

And the other one is
Barriss Offee- Supreme Healer- As a leader Jedi allies get a good percentage Max Health and heal over time. Her heal equalises the teams health and can heal low health teammates to full health if all the other teammates are still alive. More people, more health. Heals can also ignore healing immunity and has a chance to debuff negative effects
Ben Kenobi- Tank and Negative Status effect maestro with Jedi Mind Trick. His attack is good once buffed and his leadership passive if chosen instead of Barriss gives teammates a high chance to evade attacks
Finn- Resistance Tank who has insanely high attack damage and a self buff ability. Regular attack is fierce and his secondary can stun, expose or both and do extra damage. Definitely worth having in the team and is also a good leader who grants offence and defence bonus. Good for taking down high evading sith,
Imperial Guard- a patch means that if anyone in their team falls below 50% health, he taunts for a few turns and takes the heat off them. He also has a defence up ability with Imperial Phalanx and his pike has a high chance of stunning people.
Ahsoka Tano- Amazing Attacker whose basic attack health steals from her opponent, and her Protective Manuever could be considered a kill move like Kylo's outrage and Savage's Overpower, or Luke's Bullseye and Finn's Takedown. It deals an insane amount of damage and if it targets a full health opponent or one above 50%, it heals the team equal to a good percentage of Ahsoka's health, or deals 50% more damage otherwise. Also has 45% of effects like health, critical and speed. If Anakin is present, she gets critical immunity at the start of each encounter and when she uses a special ability.

I often mix these teams up depending whether I want tank or offence. I also throw others into the mix like
Darth Vader, whose lightsaber throw is awesome for finishing skirmishes quickly and his force crush which chips away at opponents health- pretty tanky too. Leader perk has chance to call in ally for bonus attack
Captain Phasma, also tanky with attacks doing decent damage and advantage buffs
Fives- Tough Clone Trooper with counterattack ability and secondary attack calls in ally to attack as well.
Admiral Ackbar- support character who can dispel negative effects and leader perk is that for a non-attack ability used, a rebel ally is called in to attack
Imma Gun Di- Defence bonus as leader and a good attacker and counterattacker
Eeth Koth- Defence bonus for Jedi and anti droid unit too.
Anakin- Fortune favours the brave. Good attacker once buffed and Reckless assault either leaves him exposed or gives allies offence up. Righteous Fury gives his attack more damage if an ally falls below 50% health.
Leia- amazing support who when buffed enough can wear down enemy teams with invisibility and hair trigger. the more buffed hair trigger is the more damage it does and the higher the chance Leia has of attacking again.
Luke- Good attacker who like Finn can stun and takedown enemies quickly with critical chance boosts and tenacity bonus as leader perk

Jedi Consular and Talia serve as good healers for beginners and when buffed can be a force to be reckoned with.

I hope to get Darth Maul, Grievous, Palpatine, and any one of the Rogue One characters like Jyn. I am close to unlocking Maul and am levelling up my Rebel Characters for the next Palpatine event. I hope to make another dream team with Barriss, Maul, Anakin, Yoda- who i need to buff and improve the rating on- and maybe Fives, Luke, Finn, Ahsoka or Mace Windu.

If anyone has other strategy tips and descriptions for characters on here or for characters I haven't mentioned, please include them here!
I'd like to hear what the new characters like Grievous, General Kenobi, Jyn, Chirrut and Baze and all the other new characters have to offer.

Replies

• Here's my setup. Keep in mind that I'm only level 55 so none of my characters are anywhere near maxed.

Ackbar lead: gives my whole team of rebels a good amount of speed and tenacity, and when non-attack abilities are used lots of assists are called. Provides tactical genius which is especially useful for Lando, giving him back to back double downs. The dispel/heal is great too.

Scarif: super tanky with lots of health and protection, gives everyone turn meter on basic and buffs himself most of the time, AoE offense down/3-turn taunt takes the focus off squishy characters, gives everyone speed up when killed, and revives if killed while buffed (including taunt), which is almost always.

STH: turn meter generator with 3-turn taunt, but unfortunately I don't have him quite strong enough to fully utilize the taunt without him dying.

Lando: great AoE and lots of crits, resets double down cooldown frequently with multiple crits.

EE: good heal and cleanse, super useful for his revive (especially STH because he's always the first to die), but still a bit squishy so he needs to be protected by taunts.

My current strategy:
    Stagger taunts between Scarif and STH so that EE is constantly protected. Let the enemy team wear Scarif down while keeping him buffed. Get him killed so he revives and gives everyone speed up. Use Ackbar's tactical genius mostly for Lando to crank out as much damage as possible. When STH or another character dies, revive with EE. If cooldowns allow, tactical genius can be used for EE to revive and heal right away.

This strategy is unusual because it basically involves killing people off. The tanks protect EE, who can revive them (especially STH because Scarif can self-revive) if they die. Meanwhile, Lando gets fed plenty of turn meter from STH, Scarif, and Ackbar's tactical genius.

The main issue with the strategy is that the AI doesn't quite work the same on defense and makes both Scarif and STH lead with their taunt, but overall it's pretty solid. I regularly place in the top 200 in arena and I'm getting top 100 more and more as I get stronger. I finish GW easily every day, only occasionally needing to swap out characters.
  • I agree with the ackbar Lando combo but I would like to run bariss luminara and mace. barriss has a lot of health and strong heal abilities plus buffs for Jedi. luminara can help heal if you get into trouble and she is a decent attacker and mace will mop up survivors
  • ZedB170993
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I was just playing recently and found that Vader combos quite well with fighters who inflict negative status effects and his force crush followed by his lightsaber throw move, which does more damage the more negative status effects an opponent has.

And I agree with Tetete15- Stormtrooper Han could always be tougher. He and Poe Dameron could always be a bit tougher considering they are tank class