Baze still using Chirrut's unique ability after Chirrut has died

benacrow
2700 posts Member
edited January 2017
In many arena battles today, I've killed an enemy Chirrut and left Baze still alive. Yet Baze continues to counter (without retribution) and has a larger health steal than usual.

Normally with Chirrut alive, Baze gains 17% health steal and counter chance per enemy alive when they're both alive. But Baze continues to keep this ability after Chirrut has died, even though it's part of chirruts ability set.

You'd think characters don't use the ability of a dead ally that isn't a leader ability, but that isn't the case here.
FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind

Replies

• Haven't heard anything about fixing this bug, but this needs to be addressed. The point of unique abilities is that they're unique to that character. Others shouldn't benefit from them after said character has died (Bariss zeta is bugged in the same way).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    The description of the skill does not say that Chirrut must be alive for the skill to apply, this is working as intended
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    The description of the skill does not say that Chirrut must be alive for the skill to apply, this is working as intended

The point of a unique skill is that it is unique to that character. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no other unique abilities in the game that persist after the character whose unique it is has died. Leader abilities affect the whole team regardless of the leader's health status, but unique abilities all go away when a toon dies.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »

The point of a unique skill is that it is unique to that character. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no other unique abilities in the game that persist after the character whose unique it is has died. Leader abilities affect the whole team regardless of the leader's health status, but unique abilities all go away when a toon dies.

That's only because those uniques only apply to themselves, there are certainly others which persist after death. Wedge's unique still buffing Biggs, HRS and Snowtrooper still giving TM gain to others and Barris healing from taking critical hits are the first that come to mind. Certain uniques specifically state that they only last as long as the toon is alive, General Kenobi is one. There is a precedent here that points to this wai.
  • I agree, all uniques should stop working if that character is dead, leader skills I can understand but not uniques. WAI or not from CG's perspective, it's still B. S.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    In many arena battles today, I've killed an enemy Chirrut and left Baze still alive. Yet Baze continues to counter (without retribution) and has a larger health steal than usual.

Normally with Chirrut alive, Baze gains 17% health steal and counter chance per enemy alive when they're both alive. But Baze continues to keep this ability after Chirrut has died, even though it's part of chirruts ability set.

You'd think characters don't use the ability of a dead ally that isn't a leader ability, but that isn't the case here.

I posted a Thread regarding the same issue, unfortunately the developers have not addressed the situation, so MLb_66 has been mini-modding all threads about this bug.
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »

That's only because those uniques only apply to themselves, there are certainly others which persist after death. Wedge's unique still buffing Biggs, HRS and Snowtrooper still giving TM gain to others and Barris healing from taking critical hits are the first that come to mind. Certain uniques specifically state that they only last as long as the toon is alive, General Kenobi is one. There is a precedent here that points to this wai.

Sounds like all of these are bugged too then. Unique abilities aren't there to be a second leader ability, or at least that shouldn't be WAI if so. If they wanted a second leader ability for squads, they'd make it so.

I do understand what you're getting at though, and hopefully we hear something on this soon.