Anyone else disappointed by lack of contact?

One of the main reasons i like this game is because of the very active community that contributes to the success of it. With the tragic death of Carrie Fisher almost two weeks, I witnessed a whole community of true fans in mourning for one of their heroes. However I am a little bit surprised and, quite frankly, disappointed in the lack of communication from the devs to express their own messages of mourning.
I understand that Princess Leia in the game is fictional, but Carrie's image will always be synonomous with the character- and I think that therefore some sort of respect should have been shown.
Like I say, im a bit disappointed and im sure others are too

Replies

• Well, I think it's because content takes time and they were on vacation. I personally would prefer to give them a little more time and get quality content than to have them rush something out.
  • FireGuy wrote: »
    Well, I think it's because content takes time and they were on vacation. I personally would prefer to give them a little more time and get quality content than to have them rush something out.

If you read what I wrote I wasn't actually asking for content as i know that takes a while to make. However a single message to show support for a devestated fan base takes very little time.
  • Amorgan wrote: »
    FireGuy wrote: »
    Well, I think it's because content takes time and they were on vacation. I personally would prefer to give them a little more time and get quality content than to have them rush something out.

If you read what I wrote I wasn't actually asking for content as i know that takes a while to make. However a single message to show support for a devestated fan base takes very little time.

The key word is Vacation. Nobody was there the last two weeks
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • if swgoh is offline game then they can take vacation wherever they like
    the cake is a lie
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lack of communication and them making a public statement about the passing of a celebrity are 2 different things.

We all morn her passing, but I hold them to no standard about making any public statements about it.
  • There's the diff between the "I"ntroverted" and "E"xtroverted "T"hinkers and "F"eelers on the Briggs-Myers chart. ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    As others have said, Today is their first day back in 2 weeks. I would imagine we will get plenty of communication this week.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm not dissapointed at all. But i also didnt know who carrie fisher was, so there's that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    I'm not dissapointed at all. But i also didnt know who carrie fisher was, so there's that.

You're either very young or playing the wrong game!
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I believe he meant he didn't knew Carrie Fisher (the person), not that he doesn't know what role she played (spoiler: Leia) in Stars wars movies.
  • Iron_Zilla
    347 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The developers aren't your team of personal elves working 24/7 365. These people have lives and can take holidays when and if they choose. I'm sure they mourned Carrie Fisher in there own way but just because they don't write anything saying that doesn't mean they don't care
  • Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    The developers aren't your team of personal elves working 24/7 365. These people have lives and can take holidays when and if they choose. I'm sure they mourned Carrie Fisher in there own way but just because they don't write anything saying that doesn't mean they don't care

+1
  • DarthLucaz
    328 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    No. Tank raid, events good and mediocre, ships. I always want more but theres plenty to do right meow. So if you are not busy right meow its your own meowing fault.
    Edit- oh contact not content my b. They were on vacation. Theyre human too. They have two weeks of feedback to get through before they push the next update.
  • The major bugs in the bugs section that have been going on for months with no response is disappointing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Malthael wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I believe he meant he didn't knew Carrie Fisher (the person), not that he doesn't know what role she played (spoiler: Leia) in Stars wars movies.

Actually no, i'm just not a big star wars fan. I like the game though, uncontrary to popular believe, you don't need to be a starwars fan for that. I wasn't born yet when the first 3 movies were released, but i wouldn't call myself very young ;)
  • No, I'm not disappointed at all. Seriously answer this question: What does it matter whether they publicly express condolences or not?

I don't really care how callused this makes me sound, but good lord, people need to learn how to grieve appropriately. Taking the death of a celebrity so personally, to the point where it upsets you that other people don't publicly grieve, is not healthy. Expecting some kind of tribute or public statement from other people who also did not know her personally is not healthy, especially when their connection to her is so incredibly tenuous.

For those of us who never knew them personally, the actors we love have already achieved their own unique form of immortality. The talent that made them famous will always be there for us to appreciate, again and again. If you feel the need to memorialize Carrie Fisher's portrayal of Princess Leia, then go watch Star Wars. Her playing of that role is obviously what means the most to you...otherwise nothing anyone else says about her passing would matter, right? So why not just pay direct tribute in the most personal way possible, rather than hop online and expect other people to make some ultimately meaningless statement, which really only echos how you already feel anyways?
  • HaronKhast wrote: »
    No, I'm not disappointed at all. Seriously answer this question: What does it matter whether they publicly express condolences or not?

I don't really care how callused this makes me sound, but good lord, people need to learn how to grieve appropriately. Taking the death of a celebrity so personally, to the point where it upsets you that other people don't publicly grieve, is not healthy. Expecting some kind of tribute or public statement from other people who also did not know her personally is not healthy, especially when their connection to her is so incredibly tenuous.

For those of us who never knew them personally, the actors we love have already achieved their own unique form of immortality. The talent that made them famous will always be there for us to appreciate, again and again. If you feel the need to memorialize Carrie Fisher's portrayal of Princess Leia, then go watch Star Wars. Her playing of that role is obviously what means the most to you...otherwise nothing anyone else says about her passing would matter, right? So why not just pay direct tribute in the most personal way possible, rather than hop online and expect other people to make some ultimately meaningless statement, which really only echos how you already feel anyways?

+ INFINITY
    this is true wisdom^^^
  • There's the diff between the "I"ntroverted" and "E"xtroverted "T"hinkers and "F"eelers on the Briggs-Myers chart. ;)

Nice to find another MBTI geek here
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    HaronKhast wrote: »
    No, I'm not disappointed at all. Seriously answer this question: What does it matter whether they publicly express condolences or not?

This. Thank you. I don't need people on an internet forum, that I don't know personally at all to express some kind of virtual support on the death of a celebrity, that I didn't know personally at all for me to "get over" said person's unexpected passing. I mean no disrespect as I am a huge fan of Carrie Fisher's - but are we being for real here?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @HaronKhast

Wow, that sure is a candidate for "mic drop of the year".

Well said, tough act to follow.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    The major bugs in the bugs section that have been going on for months with no response is disappointing.

youre right, i also reported a lot of bugs.....no reponse at all and the bugs are still there

• BTW, DONT BUY FLEETPACKS OR SHIPPACKS

Since having ships, you can buy ship shards.

those f uckers give you the option for 2500 crystals to buy a FLEETPACK with 5 different shards, amount; between 5-100 shards.

i bought one for 2500, i did get 5 different shards....5 of each!!!! 25 shards in total for 2499 crystals

EA, give me my money back!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    rookie1984 wrote: »
    BTW, DONT BUY FLEETPACKS OR SHIPPACKS

Since having ships, you can buy ship shards.

those f uckers give you the option for 2500 crystals to buy a FLEETPACK with 5 different shards, amount; between 5-100 shards.

i bought one for 2500, i did get 5 different shards....5 of each!!!! 25 shards in total for 2499 crystals

EA, give me my money back!!

at what point in time did you think this is the right thread for this comment? tbh, i'm kinda impressed by how far off topic it is.
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    There's the diff between the "I"ntroverted" and "E"xtroverted "T"hinkers and "F"eelers on the Briggs-Myers chart. ;)

one here too !
  • 6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    There's the diff between the "I"ntroverted" and "E"xtroverted "T"hinkers and "F"eelers on the Briggs-Myers chart. ;)

I wish everyone would go thru this training and self-awareness, and more than once! It's such an awakening and help.

SnakesOnAPlane