What's the point of tournament?

Prev13
If the top 7 have very questionable rosters? 2 sets arena worthy toons, the rest are garbage toons.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    1 arena worthy team is enough.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Depends on the points.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The point is to win a character or other prizes. ;)

But to your second question: Enough AP and you only need 1 worthy team.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    The point of the tournament? To make the developers $$$.
  • Yeah I know that, if you have enough ally points. But the question is some of their arena ranking is below top 50 and top 100. And you know that kind of arena team can hardly beat a gear 11 wiggs team at 200 speed including unique already.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »

the point of the whole game is to make money for the developers...
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Well, it's pretty early in the tournament, so maybe they're just go-getters. If they're still there in 12 hours with 5k pionts, I would report them.
  • evanbio wrote: »

That's another point for exclusive toon packs and I understand that. But I hope this will be the last kind of **** tournament.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Well, it's pretty early in the tournament, so maybe they're just go-getters. If they're still there in 12 hours with 5k pionts, I would report them.

what happened to benefit of the doubt? It's not like it's impossible to acquire 5k points with just 2 teams.
  • There are a lot of benefits to the tournaments. . But besides the toon you might be able to receive, the credits and gear are outstanding. I get better gear in tournaments than I do the raids, even the heroic tank raids.

People should really start complain about that issue. Always love getting gold gear that i can get from daily challenges for finishing in the top 3 of heroic tank.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »

the point of the whole game is to make money for the developers...
    the developers get the lowest part of the money made. ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • To entertain cheaters
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

what happened to benefit of the doubt? It's not like it's impossible to acquire 5k points with just 2 teams.

No, but it is highly unlikely that someone with that roster has the ally tokens needed to score so high. With the new refresh cost you need around 250k tokens to get 5k points with several teams. To do it with 2 you'd need many more.

And why should *we* give the benefit of the doubt? If it looks fishy (as this would) then report it. If the person isn't cheating, then nothing will happen.
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    There are a lot of benefits to the tournaments. . But besides the toon you might be able to receive, the credits and gear are outstanding. I get better gear in tournaments than I do the raids, even the heroic tank raids.

People should really start complain about that issue. Always love getting gold gear that i can get from daily challenges for finishing in the top 3 of heroic tank.

The credits and gears are good, no complains.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member

I could be wrong but i thought (when first information was released to us) that tournaments were going to reward the players with deep strong rosters. This would mean that 1 solid arena team shouldn't "be enough". Ally points and gems are and were the reason why these tournaments are a timed race instead of an actual tournament with limited attacks/turns.

1 worthy arena team shouldn't be enough.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Serious question, how does this make money for EA? Ally points are bought in GW and earned normally. What am I missing?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Serious question, how does this make money for EA? Ally points are bought in GW and earned normally. What am I missing?

I've argued this before. So far, no one has been able to convince me that the current form makes any money for EA/CG at all, outside of maybe the mod packs, but that only barely counts.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member

I've argued this before. So far, no one has been able to convince me that the current form makes any money for EA/CG at all, outside of maybe the mod packs, but that only barely counts.

Good, I thought I was losing my mind and missing something. Mod packs can't generate that much.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

I could be wrong but i thought (when first information was released to us) that tournaments were going to reward the players with deep strong rosters. This would mean that 1 solid arena team shouldn't "be enough". Ally points and gems are and were the reason why these tournaments are a timed race instead of an actual tournament with limited attacks/turns.

1 worthy arena team shouldn't be enough.

With enough time and ally points 1 team could be enough, it's still more difficult though.

my best guess is that the R1 toon packs are in higher demand.

No, but it is highly unlikely that someone with that roster has the ally tokens needed to score so high. With the new refresh cost you need around 250k tokens to get 5k points with several teams. To do it with 2 you'd need many more.

And why should *we* give the benefit of the doubt? If it looks fishy (as this would) then report it. If the person isn't cheating, then nothing will happen.

Because reporting everyone that looks "fishy" will only create a gigantic workload for lucifersdaddy. Accusing someone of cheating isn't a step that should be taken lightly imo.
  • The real answer? So that you can win a piece of something you feel compelled to finish off buy purchasing the packs which always follow the tournament. Only the top one or two people in each torment are spared this fate, so it makes a lot of money.
  • Well look at that, I said torment instead of tournament. I thought about correcting it and then realised I probably got it right the first time. :smile:
  • The thing is the ally point cap is not at 1,000. I tried using the same team to check and I am now at 1,500 ally point per toon. So cap is probably at 2,500 per toon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cheaters exist. But not everyone at the top is cheating, even if they don't look worth of holding the position.

Time and Ally coins. Even with 1 team that can "win" if you have the coins you can win 10-20 points each battle and keep grinding to the top.

I am not saying that's what all players with weak teams do, just agreeing it's possible.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Step 1: release op characters through tournaments, so that enough people unlock them to be able to dominate arena.

Step 2: sell packs to unlock those same characters after the tournament is over so that those who have now seen the op character in action feel they have to buy it to remain competitive.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member

No it's not unlikely for many reasons
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • kello_511 wrote: »

Step 1: release op characters through tournaments, so that enough people unlock them to be able to dominate arena.

Step 2: sell packs to unlock those same characters after the tournament is over so that those who have now seen the op character in action feel they have to buy it to remain competitive.

I agree. With aurodium you need around 200 bucks to 7* a toon. Outside of tournament, 2k at least?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Time, luck of the draw (many <15k teams i.e.), many ally points and like someone said earlier, too soon to judge. 5k is not that much and certainly not impossible.

People always forget the free points you get from <15k teams. If you have a lot of time you should be able to exploit it (exploit in a good way, not the cheater way).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Because reporting everyone that looks "fishy" will only create a gigantic workload for lucifersdaddy. Accusing someone of cheating isn't a step that should be taken lightly imo.

Sure, it shouldn't be taken lightly. But a person with that roster will not have played long enough to earn enough ally tokens to get enough points to stay top 10, unless they are on an easy shard. There are lots of variables. But 2 viable teams and over 5k points is enough to report.
  • The whole point of it is to give AP a use. Before all you used them for was opening **** bronzium packs and now they actually have a purpose. Plus, the devs are just trying to keep the game fresh with new toons and so they do that with tourneys. It's not the most favorable way but at least it's content
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

They used to just release OP characters to Chromium, and the same thing happened. This is not the tournaments purpose, and there is no way to monetize the tournament. Your argument does not hold up.