Poe from 6 to 7 star

How much better does Poe get from 6 to 7 star, because I've heard some guys get huge improvements and some get minor improvement?

Replies

• Options
    Poe is what he is, still won't hit for much, but if you have in arena you will still be getting the same benefit. I think it will be marginal (I use him in my arena droid team), but I will get the rest of the droids to 7 before I would even consider poe.
  • Options
    You can check it out on swgohcantina.com
  • Options
    He may be getting nerfed next month so be cautious
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I would not seven star him. He does his job even at 5 stars. Cantina shipment farming is too slow for 7* for most except QGJ. That's just my opinion but they add new toons and more will be placed in Cantina shipments
  • Options
    With them giving us QGJ, I doubt he is getting nerfed. If anything they are probably releasing new characters as counters. Than again at this point it's all guess work.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I pressed pause on Poe @5*s. It's all about the gear with Poe.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! I've got one more buy to 6 star. (Cause I already got him that high) than I'm gonna switch to qui gon.
  • Options
    People do a bad job explaining what they mean when they say he does his job at 5 stars. He will taunt and need to take enough hits to stop your other damage dealers from getting hit so they can kill at least 1 enemy. If your Poe dies, he can't taunt. If your heavy hitters are 7 starred, then having a more survivabile Poe can only be good.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    People do a bad job explaining what they mean when they say he does his job at 5 stars. He will taunt and need to take enough hits to stop your other damage dealers from getting hit so they can kill at least 1 enemy. If your Poe dies, he can't taunt. If your heavy hitters are 7 starred, then having a more survivabile Poe can only be good.

There is no way I would 7star him no matter what you say. At 6 stars max gear he would have enough health and functionality. They just added QGJ to cantina shipments and for all you know Old Ben or Leia could be next. Poe will always be good probably, but new more powerful characters can be added at anytime. Even if you refresh the cantina twice a day it takes a lot of time to 7 star a cantina shipment toon. So again, I would not 7* him. 6* would be great but honestly, I 5* my Poe and am either waiting for another addition to Cantina or going for max QGJ. QGJ should be at least 6* if you are going to use him, imo becuse he has low hp
  • Options
    I have Poe at 5* with max gear and its been enough to get me into the top 3 everyday. You dont need him much higher than that.
  • Options
    Seriously what does Poe gain going from 5*s to 7*s. Damage and hp right? In the current meta a couple thousand extra hp means like one shot or less and his added damage means nothing. Sure 7*s is better, but he is a long ways down on my list of toons to max.
  • Options
    I am sorry but I guess I should preface with, logic to your own character set always applies;)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Seriously what does Poe gain going from 5*s to 7*s. Damage and hp right? In the current meta a couple thousand extra hp means like one shot or less and his added damage means nothing. Sure 7*s is better, but he is a long ways down on my list of toons to max.

Just hp really. Mine is staying at 5* but sure 6* would be a bit better. But no way would I spend precious cantina shipments to do that. Eventually I imagine Poe won't even be on my arena team
  • Options
    He's probably usable at 5*s but I have OCD and nothing else was decent soo I just had to finish him up to 7. It was worth it imo as he's a mainstay on my team. I finished just in time to farm QGJ! :blush:
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    JoshG wrote: »

Just hp really. Mine is staying at 5* but sure 6* would be a bit better. But no way would I spend precious cantina shipments to do that. Eventually I imagine Poe won't even be on my arena team

I agree 100%