Tournament shards

Acrofales
1363 posts Member
edited January 2017
Why are they not assigned by arena power or something to make it even a little bit fair. I hit level 80 two days ago, and am in a shard with Team Instinct and other level 85 whales. While the shard is huge and I can maintain top 1500 without too much investment and might be able to hit 500 if I really try, it's just outright demotivating to look at the shard. I'm sure there are plenty of players around my strength. Hell, it'd probably be enough to make a separate shard for 80-84 and then 85. But there is no reason to place a September fish in a shard with a December whale (I'm guessing December, but it's true that they might be newer, as I have no way of knowing. Plenty of 7* Baze floating around, so there's no doubt about the whale part).

Replies

• Because tournaments suck, you'll find this out very quickly. Majority of the population who is between level 80 and 85 is pretty much at a loss unless they are a whale or save up a ton of ally points and have a ton of free time. And even then you're not guaranteed to stay in top 100 using 100K plus ally points.

Anyone who is below level 80 has a far better chance of getting these tournament rewarded characters because there is less competition and less whales.

From what I've seen a lot of people who like tournaments are either whales or people under level 80.