The Tournament comment and suggestions (Merged Thread)

Prev13
Please no new threads regarding Tourney's.. keep it here.

Replies

• 70-79 tourney riddled with cheats. and not happy.

only top 25 earn the toon, i need to repeat a top 5 finish to get my Jyn to 7* but we have cheats that don't even show up in the matches screen, hey ho they all have terrible rosters too.

fix this or fix rewards for us that are scammed out of it please for heavens sake.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report all cheating and evidence to @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • theres 4 in the top 10. it stinks

if i could challenge them it wouldnt be so bad. but they dont show up in matches
  • Top 1 in my shard have one decent team rest is crap. Sad that this hasnt been addressed better
  • TexasAggie97
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    How does one cloak their team so that they don't show up. Is this what everyone calls cheating? All I see in my Jyn Erso tourney is a bunch of strong teams in the top 50.
  • Um, you need to be in the top 5 on my shard just to unlock Jyn! These tournaments are a joke!!
  • Kyno wrote: »

What for? I've reported 4 cheaters from last 3 tournaments, 2 from my arena shard, 2 from my guildmates, all with their IDs. All 4 are playing without any consequences, still getting top places in tournaments and in arena despite of terrible rosters. First two were reported around December 10 and still no reaction!
  • EVRT
    201 posts Member
    Officially tired of this and we need a boycott. This tournament is absolutely riddled with cheaters. What is even the point of trying EA/CG??
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • My top 10 most consists of russians. I don't know but seems fishy. Anyways I am doing spending much time on tournaments.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »
    My top 10 most consists of russians. I don't know but seems fishy. Anyways I am doing spending much time on tournaments.

rofl
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • whats the policy against outing them and the guild that harbors them. guild name is a micky take.

I actually finished 6th. So missed out on 7* for my jyn by one place.

All the while 2 cheats took 1st and 2nd place
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RAzZin wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

What for? I've reported 4 cheaters from last 3 tournaments, 2 from my arena shard, 2 from my guildmates, all with their IDs. All 4 are playing without any consequences, still getting top places in tournaments and in arena despite of terrible rosters. First two were reported around December 10 and still no reaction!

Because he's a dev not an f-ING magician (although he might be).

You don't know what they are doing about this and maybe they need more evidence and time to sort out the best solutions. There was a major holiday break, so maybe try to helpful instead of just whining.......
  • "lets not ignore this no more!!!!"

-- in other words, we should continue to ignore it? ;)
  • RAzZin wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

You should open a ticket and give all this info there. Maybe they can pressure the devs
  • Yeah... let's not ignore this no more... so... let's ignore it?
  • Please define "cheating" for newbs..
  • I discovered something interesting yesterday when I entered the latest tournament - just to snag some gear really. I started at rank 176, but the everyone had 0 points - a new bracket. This was mildly interesting until I saw that my points did not scale down the way that they do when I start at a lower initial rank.

My past experience has been something like this:
    • First two battles - 12/28 for 200 points
    • Second two battles - 10/24 for 170 points
    • Decreases quickly to 3/7 or 2/6 for 50 or 40 points

Well, I played until I maxed out my top squad (about 110k ally points), but my battles were still giving me 5/11 or 5/12 until the very last one gave me 4/10, and I was #1 by about 250 points. When I started back this morning, it was back to 5/11, and I had only fallen to rank #184. I made it back to around rank #50 before running out of time for mourning session using a second team.

So, based on my experience across all the tournaments, there is a scoring bias based on getting in your bracket as soon as possible. I've played everywhere between starting at #176 and starting at #4996, and I can tell you that starting at #4996 using more ally points never got close to the same score and results.

This seems severely broken to me due to the complete lack of control that you have on your initial rank in your bracket. Just one more reason why tournaments are awful and broken.
  • The reason no action was taken, could very well be because they arent cheating. In the Chirrut tournament I placed 4th, and I honestly never played any matches against anyone around me, and i'm sure they never played against me. We were very very different powers of squads so it wouldnt have been fair. I have a theory that the leaderboard and matchups are separate things. There may very well be cheats, but I think most of it is game mechanics being mistaken for cheating. It would be nice to have this confirmed officially so we can put these threads to bed.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of cheating reports were mistakes.

Please define cheating when we talk about it. There's a difference between cheating, and you thinking a roster is suspicious, or having network issues.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    . Just one more reason why tournaments are awful and broken.

I believe we are at 4,784.

Yes, tournaments are horrible - the single worse piece of content ever released - and I've been playing since November 2015. Awful
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Do you ever get to a point where you aren't getting **** stomped by everything? No matter how much I level up or increase ilvl or get new mods or upgrade abilities the only things I can successfully do with any regularity are regular missions and challenges.
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    In a prior tournament, I tracked points per battle up until it goes down to 50 points a match. Interesting that you had a points reversion - points went back up when you took a break and lost rank. Perhaps it is a function of how many matches you play and your relative rank in the tournament.

BTW, this tourney I didn't go all out, got to 140, went to sleep, back down to 350, but no points reversion. Stayed the same, and went down from 100 to 70 after a couple matches.
    Post edited by Mef1428 on
  • Well I've never been higher than 13th in Arena (sad face), so I can't say leveling/gearing up has really helped me there, but I do think there comes a point where you don't get waffle stomped by everything. If you still consider ability upgrades as improvements rather than requirements, my guess is you haven't been playing very long (<2 months). It's a long slog, my brother, keep at it.
    If you want a measure of how far you've come, go back and do some of those earlier missions and bask in the glory of how much easier they are now compared to when you began.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    once your characters are maxed,, you will begin to destroy every team once you get the best mods on your server. Till than; other people's characters will have better stats becuase of their mods
  • Best way of measuring your progress is by seeing your damage grow in raids.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Best way of measuring your progress is by seeing your damage grow in raids.

This one^
  • Let's not allow this ANY more...and by "this" I mean bad grammar.
  • Wait a second here ... You think that, because the top 5 players on your leaderboard don't show up as possible matches for you to fight, then they are cheaters? That's how arena works, but that is NOT how tournaments work. You might get to fight them, but you might not. What you will get to do is fight a tough team, and if you win you get points, but you won't get to fight that team again, at least not for a long while. Just because you don't see those teams in your battles does not mean they are cheating.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    @EventineElessedil actually its a tactic I've used to maximize my tourney points to good effect previously. I try to hover between 10-20 and every hour when rematch-ups are available i refresh to get the 7+3 points against players in the top 10 the players below are 6+2. when youve played them all then you cant see them, but they are always available when legitimate players.