Death Star II Community Event

Ring
559 posts Member
I guess by now we're all pretty much sick and tired of the crappy tournaments and once you finish one or two ship fights daily, there really isn't much you can do with your fleet. So I had this idea: a Community Event!

Many online games have events designed for the entire community. No shards, no servers, everyone participates in one huge "party". And what could be better than the attack on the second Death Star? Here's what it would look like:

Before you begin, you pick a side - Light or Dark. Then you choose 5 ships (obviously limited by the side you picked) that will form your team. All teams from a given side form the starfighter corps. Now, the entire fight will be divided into 5 tiers (each tier is similar to a raid, with the goal being to destroy a capital ship - obviously except tier 5 for the Light Side, which is the Death Star's Reactor Core). Once you achieve that, your side wins the event. More about this later. The capital ship will have a starfighter cover consisting of AI-controlled fighters picked at random from the starfighter corps pool (so you're actually fighting other players' ships, not some random junk like in GW). Each round starts with you facing the capital ship and 3 enemy fighters. Every third turn another fighter joins the fight.

As I said, in each tier you need to destroy a capital ship, but you can go about this in different ways. You can either go for the kill directly (attack the bridge) or try to make your life easier (or the opposite team's life harder) by attacking certain parts of the ship. For example, if you attack the shield generators, your team gets a 10% damage bonus against that capital ship (2 generators worth 5% each). If you attack the turbolasers, the enemy team's starfighters get a 1% debuff (lower dmg) against YOUR capital ship (10 turbolasers worth 1% each). If you take out the comms towers, you increase the interval between reinforcements to 4 turns. The goal in each tier is to take out the bridge. Once you do that, you move on to the next tier. The above-mentioned bonuses do NOT stack with other tiers, they ONLY work in the tier in which they were acquired.

LIGHT SIDE:

Goals:

Complete the 5 tiers of the attack:
1) Destroy the Victory-class Star Destroyer Dominator
2) Destroy the Victory II-class SD Protector
3) Destroy the Imperial-class SD Avenger
4) Destroy the Executor
5) Destroy the Death Star II's reactor core

Available ships:

Any Light Side ships
Rebel ships deal 10% bonus damage to Imperial fighters

Reward for winning the event:
ALL PARTICIPATING PLAYERS (including DS players!) unlock the B-wing Starfighter at 4 stars, Light Side players get bonus shard to level it up to 5 stars.

DARK SIDE:

Goals:

Complete the 5 tiers of the attack:
1) Destroy the Corellian Corvette Eridain
2) Destroy the Corellian Corvette Pushti
3) Destroy the Nebulon-B Frigate Redemption
4) Destroy the Calamari Cruiser Maria
5) Destroy the Rebel Command ship Home One

Available ships:

Any Dark Side ships
Imperial ships deal 10% bonus damage to Rebel fighters

Reward for winning the event:

ALL PARTICIPATING PLAYERS (including LS players!) unlock the TIE Interceptor at 4 stars. Dark Side players get bonus shards to level it up to 5 stars.

The event has no time limit, it lasts until one side achieves victory. You get only 2 attacks every day with NO possibility to refresh. Completing tiers gives your team additional buffs in the coming tiers (extra damage, additional protection and so on).

Replies

• Sounds great to me. I wish there were more cooperative methods of play in this game than just the Raids (which still turn competitive at times). Personally, PVP isn't my thing in any game, and I'd always be happier working with people rather than against them. This seems like a decent mixture of both styles.
  • Fun