Empire Team

Before I start: I am level 71, I took a long break so I'm catching up. Ok so I have a pretty viable Jedi team and a eh rebel team that I've been staring up lately, but I'm done with that for a while.

I want to start making an empire team and would like ALL the advice I can get. This is my thoughts on the team... Vader, TFP, RG. Who would be the next two??? Keep in mind I don't have palpatine until next event

Replies

• Boba Fett and maybe Sidious. I currently run EP (L), Vader, Boba, TFP and Shore
  • nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Boba Fett and maybe Sidious. I currently run EP (L), Vader, Boba, TFP and Shore
    Ah I do have boba and he definitely needs work along with TFP and RG. Thanks for advice
  • You're welcome! Be sure to get some speed on them. They'll definitely take you a long way in Arena and GW. I've only lost one GW since I've been running my imperial team.
  • I'm currently running EP(L), TFP, Boba fett, Vader, and shore trooper, shore trooper is my only character above gear 8 and I'm able to finish top 100 in arena. Since you don't have Emperor Palpitine, I'd try to run Boba Fett(L), TFP, Vader, RG, and another good tank like storm trooper Han.
  • Sxblur51 wrote: »
    I'm currently running EP(L), TFP, Boba fett, Vader, and shore trooper, shore trooper is my only character above gear 8 and I'm able to finish top 100 in arena. Since you don't have Emperor Palpitine, I'd try to run Boba Fett(L), TFP, Vader, RG, and another good tank like storm trooper Han.

Thank you for that advice! I really like the empire teams so I hope it can work for me.
  • @Sxblur51 @nite0wl29 so boba (L) Vader, TFP, RG, then who for 5th?

I know you mentioned sthan but any others?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member

Well, if you can't get Shore (and you missed out on Palpie) and you want a DS character, why not go for Phasma? She's no longer in her prime, but her TM boost can still wreak some havoc with the enemy team.
  • I agree with most - the real answer is Palp + Shore, as Palp leadership cranks all the potency up. But Boba would definitely work (especially if you have Chirrut/Baze teams on your shard). STHan might work, as he could still protect the squishier Boba and TFP.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ring wrote: »

Well, if you can't get Shore (and you missed out on Palpie) and you want a DS character, why not go for Phasma? She's no longer in her prime, but her TM boost can still wreak some havoc with the enemy team.

Phasma is a great all around toon. She would not be a bad choice, though not your ideal choice either.

Also consider a sith like Maul.
  • Ring wrote: »

That's true, I have her but didn't put much thought to her....I might try her out thanks
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree with most - the real answer is Palp + Shore, as Palp leadership cranks all the potency up. But Boba would definitely work (especially if you have Chirrut/Baze teams on your shard). STHan might work, as he could still protect the squishier Boba and TFP.
    I know everyone is mentioning shoretrooper! I would love to have him...there's no talk about him being released for farming so that will be a while.

Also my rebels were not strong enough to get palp (100/145) but next time he comes around he's mine!
    Ring wrote: »

Phasma is a great all around toon. She would not be a bad choice, though not your ideal choice either.

Also consider a sith like Maul.

Maybe I will put in plasma. I have zero progress on maul so that would be very hard to do
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    That's true, I have her but didn't put much thought to her....I might try her out thanks

She tends to be overlooked nowadays (I actually remember when every team had her :D ) but since the best DS character is P2P, she might help you out. I actually still use her in the first half (or 2/3 even) of GW because of that TM boost. Makes it a bit faster :) Imagine being able to Shock enemies with Palpie, use Vader's Force Crush, TFP's TIE Strike (Buff Immunity), Phasma's Victory March (refilling Vader's TM) and then Vader's Culling Blade once again, all in one turn :D Sheer mayhem in the enemy team.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Maybe I will put in plasma. I have zero progress on maul so that would be very hard to do

Phasma is great. She's pretty sturdy, does nice damage, and is great support with her granting turn meter gain and advantage, not to mention the speed/defense down from her AoE, plus her granting random extra attacks from the rest of your squad.
    ( pro-tip: make her the leader on a team where other characters grant bonus attacks, and watch her proc multiple extra attacks, big fun )

She's not technically an Imperial, but she works great with almost any team in any situation, so very worth it.

• @Luuuuke1717 shoretrooper and palps would be ideal to finish your squad off. But since that isn't an option you need to double tank to protect boba fett, Vader, and TFP. Without two tanks wiggs teams are going to one shot all of your attackers. I mean gaining turn meter with phasma is great, but you can't grant turn meter to dead toons. The reason people running shore have the luxury of only running one tank is because he starts every battle taunting for one turn after that turn is up he can immediately taunt again. Protecting the rest of your squad for three whole turns, by the time anyone can even attack you their team is crippled if not completely destroyed.
    @Luuuuke1717 shoretrooper and palps would be ideal to finish your squad off. But since that isn't an option you need to double tank to protect boba fett, Vader, and TFP. Without two tanks wiggs teams are going to one shot all of your attackers. I mean gaining turn meter with phasma is great, but you can't grant turn meter to dead toons. The reason people running shore have the luxury of only running one tank is because he starts every battle taunting for one turn after that turn is up he can immediately taunt again. Protecting the rest of your squad for three whole turns, by the time anyone can even attack you their team is crippled if not completely destroyed.

Ok I'm open to options. What are other good tanks?
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Sxblur51 wrote: »
    @Luuuuke1717 you need to double tank to protect boba fett, Vader, and TFP.

The problem with that is that there really isn't any good DS tank able to stand up to that. RG will provide some protection from the initial slaughter and at that point Phasma's Victory March can actually give him the upper hand, effectively granting him two turns after the enemy's first. And since RG's taunt will almost certainly be up by then, the rest should survive long enough for her to also get that Speed Down on the enemy as well.
    @Luuuuke1717 shoretrooper and palps would be ideal to finish your squad off. But since that isn't an option you need to double tank to protect boba fett, Vader, and TFP. Without two tanks wiggs teams are going to one shot all of your attackers. I mean gaining turn meter with phasma is great, but you can't grant turn meter to dead toons. The reason people running shore have the luxury of only running one tank is because he starts every battle taunting for one turn after that turn is up he can immediately taunt again. Protecting the rest of your squad for three whole turns, by the time anyone can even attack you their team is crippled if not completely destroyed.

Fair enough, but Shoretrooper isn't farmable, so you aren't going to see that toon very often for a while. I rarely, if ever do myself.

And there are plenty of ways to shut down Shoretrooper, given ability block and buff immunity/stripping from other toons.

All in all, he's not a meta I'd worry about too much to begin with. He's really good, but not very common and hardly invincible.

• Anakin also works well with empire teams, I use him on mine and hold rank pretty well. Palp is definitely the answer tho, it's unfortunate you missed him. Work those rebels so when he comes around again in 6 months or so you can get him maxed.
  • ST is a must for empire teams, still too many wiggs teams running around. Keep in mind at the moment empire teams are getting destroyed by chaze teams, that may change with more empire toons but is what it is right now. Empire is a good counter to maul teams and that's about it at the moment, rebels and chaze teams dominate them. Since you are lvl 72 I think your choice is good as you will hopefully see improved toons by the time your team is operational.
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    ST is a must for empire teams, still too many wiggs teams running around. Keep in mind at the moment empire teams are getting destroyed by chaze teams, that may change with more empire toons but is what it is right now. Empire is a good counter to maul teams and that's about it at the moment, rebels and chaze teams dominate them. Since you are lvl 72 I think your choice is good as you will hopefully see improved toons by the time your team is operational.

Thanks you! I hope there is new empire toons releases. My plan is to get my empire team stared up and geared up then get my rebels higher so I can get palp
  • @MCThr33pio shore is more of a wiggs counter. Which is 75% of my shard. Made the last tourney super easy for me (unlocked jyn erso at 7 stars) as most of the wiggs comps don't have a toon that inflicts buff immunity or ability block, atleast on my shard. My shore trooper is only 3* gear 9, but has a pretty large health pool. On most matches I lost none of my toons or in worst case scenario I lost my shoretrooper.