Can We Get Some More Sim Tickets?

Prev1
Sim Tickets are super tedious and in my opinion a terrible mechanic. With that said, I don't think they will ever remove them, but at least give us some more. It becomes overly frustrating to run low on sim tickets and spending crystals on sim tickets is something I will not do.

But it really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the game, when I have to take more time out of my life (in an already extremely time consuming game) to auto battles. I mean at least add 10 or so more in challenges, the current situation is a bit ridiculous

Replies

• I probably could have bought at least 1 of the big chromium packs with all the crystals I've spent on sim tickets, and I seem to be buying them more often lately
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    I probably could have bought at least 1 of the big chromium packs with all the crystals I've spent on sim tickets, and I seem to be buying them more often lately

Why would you ever buy them?

Spend those crystals on refreshes and auto challenges.

Just seems like a waste.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Honestly, the cost to value for buying sim tickets is really probably worth it - much like refreshes for light/dark side battles and cantina battles.

Chromium packs are just too random, whereas with tickets/energy you can much better direct what you get for your spending. It's still random, but not nearly as random as any pack you could buy.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    Honestly, the cost to value for buying sim tickets is really probably worth it - much like refreshes for light/dark side battles and cantina battles.

Chromium packs are just too random, whereas with tickets/energy you can much better direct what you get for your spending. It's still random, but not nearly as random as any pack you could buy.
    Just don't think we should have to sacrifice anything to sim battles, it should be based on energy not some sim tickets
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    I only buy them after I've done the 2 100 and the 2 50 refreshes, and yes I still run out, it hasn't been as bad since I started autoing the challenges
  • So you're saying you think the should take them out of the game but you want more?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • hnewton wrote: »
    Just don't think we should have to sacrifice anything to sim battles, it should be based on energy not some sim tickets

Look, sim tickets are there to make the game more playable at higher levels, so you DON'T spend as much time on all the work needed - kind of like the auto setting in, well, ANY battles. If you don't like them, ignore them, but they're really just a 'quality of life' addition.

Regardless, they're a way better way to spend your crystals than packs.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    This game is already grindy enough. Add more sim tickets to achievements.
  • Stop simming 6 energy nodes. You will replenish.
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    So you're saying you think the should take them out of the game but you want more?

One or the other. The game is a a major grind and takes up more time than a mobile game should (i still enjoy it), but the least they could do is make it so simming doesn't contribute to this problem.
    One or the other. The game is a a major grind and takes up more time than a mobile game should (i still enjoy it), but the least they could do is make it so simming doesn't contribute to this problem.

I am so not getting what you're saying. How does simming battles take up MORE time??
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    hnewton wrote: »

I am so not getting what you're saying. How does simming battles take up MORE time??

No autoing takes more time. Which is what I have to do when I run out of sim tickets. Which happens way more often than it should
  • Tohu
    81 posts Member
    It's very easy:
    1. Don't sim challenges, auto them
    2. Don't sim ship challenges, auto them
    3. Don't sim hard nodes stage 1-6/7, auto them
    4. Don't sim easy nodes for 6 energy, auto them

In the meantime you can do something else, for example eat something, go to toilet etc
    No autoing takes more time. Which is what I have to do when I run out of sim tickets. Which happens way more often than it should

OKAY. Yes, auto takes more time than simming, I get you now.

But I'm free to play and I NEVER run out of sim tickets. It's all in how you use your resources.

Granted, I'm F2P and very patient so I'm playing a long game, and possibly handling things very differently than you are, so there's that for sure. That said, if you do your dailies and spend some crystals and so forth you're still going to get at least 50 tickets a day, roughly. 35 minimum if you JUST do dailies, I think.

So that's not terrible.

Speaking for myself, I still usually end a day with more than I started with, unless I'm blowing them gearing up someone I just unlocked. I'm not trying to bag on you, because like I said, totally different players with different goals, but generally I don't have a problem with it.

• Tohu wrote: »
    It's very easy:

In the meantime you can do something else, for example eat something, go to toilet etc

Lol. :D
  • At OP I get it, but so many of these posts have come up since ships dropped and they offered double cantina. It ate alot up and people were not ready for it.

Sometimes you just have to auto or drop a bit of crystals towards them.

Hopefully they will add them.
  • yes pleas I only have 2000+ of them as a f2p...
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    I only buy them after I've done the 2 100 and the 2 50 refreshes, and yes I still run out, it hasn't been as bad since I started autoing the challenges

Strange, I do exactly the same... except I've never had to buy extra, the refreshes covers it. And I've ended up with a surplus of around 2500. If anything I want more things to do with them.
  • Never bought sim tickets and I've got 3600 of them. Send me your address and I'll post you a few.... lol
  • About 3 weeks ago I replied to a thread about this agreeing, since then however I'm slowly building up a surplus (F2P).

I didn't intentionally try to save sim tickets, but I'm now grinding higher energy stuff (lv 3 mod challenges again, and some higher cantina nodes). I think there is a crunch but it depends on what you're grinding (I very rarely sim normal energy matches, only Cantina)
  • Omg I have over 14,500 sim tickets that keep growing. Yes I used to auto most lower L's D's battles & challenges, even after u could sim them. It wasn't to save tkts but to get more Ally points. Used to be very easy to do while watching TV. Once the Ally points changed so u get the same whether u sim/auto/manual battles I've just simmed.
  • Auto 6 energy battles don't sim them, they're where you're using up 20 sim tickets for 120 energy that you've been given (if you do a refresh)

But no sim tickets are there to make your life easier so they are more than worthy of being a purchase.

You don't have the right to sim a battle just because you've 3 starred it before but you do have the ability to via the "grace" of the devs lol makes your life easier for the price of 30 crystals lol
    Can We Get Some More Sim Tickets?
    Yes, you can. 30 gems.

• Atlas1 wrote: »
    This game is already grindy enough. Add more sim tickets to achievements.

This.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I only had issues with sim tickets in the level 60-75 range.

I generally sim 6 or 10 energy nodes, never 8 unless I have to. 6 for those power/flashlights/detonators which come in multiples of 5 and 10 for everything else.

The 10 energy nodes gets you ship currency and more $$ so I think is worth the 2 extra energy. These will bank you sim tickets for each refresh. A few days of farming a X XI will get you a good stock pile.

After that even with binges of 6 energy farming I never run out.
  • Farm cuffs or guns.
    Problem solved.
  • Tohu wrote: »
    It's very easy:

If you just follow the first two suggestions, it should help you tremendously. Follow three and four while eating breakfast. If you constantly sim battles that are less than 10 energy along with the challenges, you will start to have issues.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »

If anything I want more things to do with them.

Please don't say this or sim tickets will be used to refresh characters in the next tournament!
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

If anything I want more things to do with them.

Please don't say this or sim tickets will be used to refresh characters in the next tournament!

Great idea
  • If you're running out of SIM tickets, you need to use more of your energy on hard mode missions and less on normal mode missions. That's all there is to it. There should never be any need to buy SIM tickets or auto challenges. I SIM all of those. I just do my share of hard mode missions. A few nodes a day and then as much energy as possible toward them on hard mode day (Wed-Thurs) should do it. I've never run out, ever.