Crystal Price Increase??

Did anyone else notice the 30% increase in price in the store overnight? I don't pay for the game aside for the 5 starter, but I noticed this little sneaky thing they did.

Replies

• I live in the United States and play on a Android platform. Crystal prices are exactly the same. Perhaps it's based upon your region or if your on a ios device I have heard of a price hike. Anyone else able to confirm this?
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah it's been noted that exchange rate has changed and prices have been adjusted.

I should add that personally I think it's a crappy move. Just set prices and leave them alone.
  • I am right outside Toronto and play on Android. Price went for the say $55 back up to $66.99
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    HabsFan89 wrote: »
    I am right outside Toronto...

With THAT screen name? You must fear for your life. :D
    The loonie is not doing well. That's why. Sorry.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • haha I know I live a dangerous life haha! ah yea I kinda wondered if it was the exchange rate but thats a crazy amount of change in one day.
  • The exchange rate prices are set by Google and Apple, not the game developers. They recently adjusted their exchange rates to reflect current market value for foreign currencies, which is causing an increase in cost for people paying for their purchases in one of the affected currencies. For players in the US, nothing will have changed because the base price in USD for all items has not changed.
  • HabsFan89 wrote: »
    I am right outside Toronto and play on Android. Price went for the say $55 back up to $66.99

It's consistent across the apps store due to exchange rate.
  • It's because of how pitiful our dollar is these days since prices were too low before.

I am fine with companies (Apple raised our CDN prices store wide) raising prices to compensate for the lower exchange as long as they lower them if/when the dollar bounces back. Will they? I won't hold my breath on that.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    You have that the other way the foreign currencies are doing terrible due to China and oil prices which is causing a global slow down but a spike in the dollar due to its stability factor and so your not paying more your paying the same value but your country currency is devalued due to market rates and the us just came out of 10yrs of this ... Markets are cyclical not equaitovtive

Do you kids go to school or is economics no longer required?
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • pretty sure my original question had nothing to do with economics but thanks. Did 4 years of that, just did not know if this is why the prices changed. Thanks for trying to sound smart though.
  • Yeah it's been noted that exchange rate has changed and prices have been adjusted.

I should add that personally I think it's a crappy move. Just set prices and leave them alone.

The prices are set .. lol

Exchange rate makes them vary outside of U.S.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Markets are cyclical not equaitovtive

Do you kids go to school or is economics no longer required?

I went to school, but not the one where you learn the word "equaitovtive". ;)
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • murton09 wrote: »
    Yeah it's been noted that exchange rate has changed and prices have been adjusted.

The prices are set .. lol

Exchange rate makes them vary outside of U.S.

Some other games I play have had and still have a fixed price set 10 dollars here 10 euros there 10 Canadian dollars 15 Australian dollars(they always get shafted)Never changes.