Drop rate for MK 2 Zaltin Bacta Gel Prototype Salvage

Just as another data point for anyone who ever wants to complile drop rates. I just needed to collect 40 of these over the past few days in order to upgrade gears for Poe and Sid.

It took 162 attempts on Light Side 6D (so 1296 energy in total), for a 24.7% drop rate. Unfortunately, even that relatively large sample size gives a big margin of error.
With that I can only say that with 95% confidence, the actual drop rate is between 18.1% and 31.3%.

Replies

• Options
    The drop rate seems to vary between different battles, and normal/hard also. What stage were you farming from?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    The drop rate seems to vary between different battles, and normal/hard also. What stage were you farming from?
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    It took 162 attempts on Light Side 6D

• Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

these were all farmed at Light Side 6D -Normal. My understanding, from what has been told by the developers, is that all that matters in a drop rate for a given gear item is its "Rarity." You can sort gear by its rarity in the sell items screen. This one, for me, is around 4 rows down, so near the top (most rare), but still not as rare as about 15 other items.

It may be incorrect, and level may matter for drop rates, but until there is a lot more data, it is just speculation. The reason I chose to farm at that level was because the other potential drops were somewhat useful, unlike the other options I had (I do not yet have Dark Side Level 6 3 starred), even though the cost (8 energy) was higher than the lower level options