February Toon of the Month: IG-86! (discussion)

Replies

• What does it mean to be the toon of the month? Higher chance to unlock in packs or something?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Toon shards given as login reward.
  • Tusken Raider would be perfect
  • I'm just angry that I thought I would get a 4* Cad Bane today, maybe be a good addition to my DS team... Nope! 3*! and since I'm F2P I doubt I'm going to be able to get him up to 4 stars... I just think if a toon is not farm-able we should get at least a 4 star version so we can actually use them at lv60+
  • Qui gon jimm
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »
    If it isn't announced I'll be the first to let you all know.

are you data mining?

it's illegal. and a form of hacking

No it's not. Jesse already said datamining is ok. Also I believe he's Aussie and that's how he'll know first.

why would it be ok? it's getting information early and not authorized unless you are a developer. living in australia is ok. it's a matter of time zone hours and just a change of 13 hours. but to know what game offers and stats and such is cheating. can i know the page numbers of the next test? everyone else will study the entire chapter. why not just concentrate on page 66?

Sorry, but your analogy males no sense. Dataminig is reading a file, that's it. It doesn't break the DRM or CG's IP. It would be like reading your computer's BIOS info.

Also, if you every go yo swgohcantina or swgohdb you accesos to the same datamined stuff.
  • Chronick wrote: »
    I'm just angry that I thought I would get a 4* Cad Bane today, maybe be a good addition to my DS team... Nope! 3*! and since I'm F2P I doubt I'm going to be able to get him up to 4 stars... I just think if a toon is not farm-able we should get at least a 4 star version so we can actually use them at lv60+

You must have pulled shards elsewhere...he's only available in chromium, thus worthless to me as we did not get enough to even unlock him.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Chronick wrote: »
    I'm just angry that I thought I would get a 4* Cad Bane today, maybe be a good addition to my DS team... Nope! 3*! and since I'm F2P I doubt I'm going to be able to get him up to 4 stars... I just think if a toon is not farm-able we should get at least a 4 star version so we can actually use them at lv60+

You must have pulled shards elsewhere...he's only available in chromium, thus worthless to me as we did not get enough to even unlock him.

Yeah, I was hoping that they could at least let us unlock a character...
  • <avoiding datamining discussion>

Remembering earlier toons in daily rewards, now it's time for non-unique toon. I think it may be Geo.Soldier.
  • Rey or kylo ren hopefully
    Just hoping for a TFA toon really :#
  • Please give us Old Ben!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    SDziad wrote: »
    <avoiding datamining discussion>

lol ;)
  • If it isn't announced I'll be the first to let you all know.

are you data mining?

it's illegal. and a form of hacking

I live in the future.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • They need to buff Cad Bane to make up for the garbage January shards we got =)
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Rey please.
    Hodor
  • patricckk07
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What happens if a character became character of the month?

Sorry for noob question :(
  • What happens if a character became character of the month?

Sorry for noob question :(

You get free shards.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Secura would be awesome. But with her being so awesome she won't be in there.

I'd honestly be overjoyed with her, Rey, or Leia. Make it girl power month. I have wanted Rey since she was added, and I have yet to even 5* Aayla and we can all use leia shards.
  • Princess Leia is my prediction... Come on Princess Leia!!!
  • I agree, Rey, Secura, or Leia... would love any of those three.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Not that I want it to happen as I clear GW everyday, but I could see it being a healer in order to marginally help players who are having trouble with GW.
  • Phipps wrote: »
    Not that I want it to happen as I clear GW everyday, but I could see it being a healer in order to marginally help players who are having trouble with GW.

This is why I predicted Ewok Elder or Old Daka. Luminara Unduli is easy to get in GW shipments and most people already have her unlocked or maxed. Jedi Counciler and Talia are given to you for free, so they are unlikely. That leaves Barris, and while she is more likely than JC/Talia/Lumi I think they would choose the Elder or Daka over her.
  • The only way you will unlock a toon is if it's a 1 or 2* unlock. So if your hoping for a premium toon, might as well not hope for guys like Old Ben...he will simply be sitting locked with a few shards.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Ewok Elder would be Awesome

Please Please please

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee!
  • Chronick wrote: »

Yep I got a few shards last month... I was doing the math and I was happy I got the shards so I could actually unlock him, but just so dissapointed that Cad Bane was 3*
  • Ugnaught please
  • I got enough to 4* him because I had unlocked him from a pack early.
    Is he any viable geared and leveled up? I have him sitting at the bottom of my roster because he looks a little underwhelming on paper compared to other unique characters.
  • Leia, please please Leia.

It justifies keeping her generally exclusive, (30 shards isn't much, though do make sure to properly calibrate for a 29 day month), and she's no longer game breaking when considering her recent fixes.
  • Everyone I know who has cad bane, even at 7* don't appear to use him at anything main, a very much "secondary character".
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Kapus wrote: »
    If they a real troll Coruscant Underworld Police :)

I vote for this.