Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• I thought baze was a hard node
  • Mrjenkins wrote: »
    I thought baze was a hard node

He is. But he's 9-C hard node, which means he requires a high level to start the farm and a lot of time to get him, that's why I'm saying he's "not farmable", just like Shoretrooper
  • Is k2SO a viable tank?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    MaTucci wrote: »
    Now that R1 toons are farmable (except for Baze lol), has anyone used Chirrut (without Baze) and Jyn to give us a few tips if they're worth the farm?

Jyn would hurt other farms (Guild Store has a lot of useful toons), but Chirrut won't hurt much (after Maul/SF/Rex are maxed, you'll only use for Zetas and a maybe ships)

I my case I always have more than enough guild tokens since I only farm Rex, but I use fleet tokens for stun cuffs. How are you going to gear Biggs, Boba, Rex, Maul etc without buying stun cuffs?
    Also Slave/Scimitar/Vader so fleet tokens are never enough.
  • Buying stun cuffs are expensive in the Fleet store, cost of 600 for 5 - can get 50 for 1,400 crystals in shipments if you save up (each costing 28 crystals).

The other option is to farm nodes. If you use 200 crystals, then this would imply 240 energy, with 24 attempts and with a drop rate of 25%, you would get on average 6 (each costing 33.3 crystals). However, you would get all the XP, coins, and other items that would come with farming the battle.

In my Guild, we are not allowed to ask for stun cuffs in the exchange.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7fRR1taw83uBzsh5Ss9LDNqHXplvDK4cHZ6pBQ4jns/htmlview#gid=1679694163

I need crystals for mk3 holos (300) and the golden prototype plans for g11 / wedge (750).

That drop rate of 25%, is that somehow based on a statistics you did? I thought it would be rather lower.
  • Raw wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7fRR1taw83uBzsh5Ss9LDNqHXplvDK4cHZ6pBQ4jns/htmlview#gid=1679694163

I need crystals for mk3 holos (300) and the golden prototype plans for g11 / wedge (750).

That drop rate of 25%, is that somehow based on a statistics you did? I thought it would be rather lower.

Very interesting doc! I can do a lot with it, thanks for the link.
    Where do you get the "drop rate of 25%"? There actually are drop rates in the doc (column AJ in first sheet), but the rates for the purple and gold gear are definitely wrong. I collected quite a bit of data and my rates so far are 25.7% for Purple 20 (might really be 25%) and 20.9% for Purple 50 (maybe really 20%), as well as 15.8% for Gold (here 16.7% would fit well into my theory of 1/3 for blue, 1/4, 1/5 and 1/6).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    There actually are drop rates in the doc (column AJ in first sheet)

Oh your monitor probably has a higher res than mine :wink: didn't scroll there thx
  • I totally made up the 25% but it could be lower.

Thanks for the doc too
  • I'll now start to farm another toon from Arena. I asked here and was told to go for Sid (was between him and Savage), but I'm thinking now about Leia (for a rebels p2 hAAT team). Which of them will see use first? Sid (where he does well? In a Zader or Zaul team?) or Leia for hAAT? I'm thinking about Leia, because Sid won't see much play until I'm getting zetas (which will happen in like, 30 to 45 days, if I'm lucky).
    What do you guys think?
  • MaTucci wrote: »
    I'll now start to farm another toon from Arena. I asked here and was told to go for Sid (was between him and Savage), but I'm thinking now about Leia (for a rebels p2 hAAT team). Which of them will see use first? Sid (where he does well? In a Zader or Zaul team?) or Leia for hAAT? I'm thinking about Leia, because Sid won't see much play until I'm getting zetas (which will happen in like, 30 to 45 days, if I'm lucky).
    What do you guys think?

I think Leia would be a strong player. For me, I was doing Sid but now going for Mace (I need him to be 7*) as I'm in a Guild where hAAT is completed within 4 hrs, so me leveling up Leia for my rebels team won't add much difference. If you're in a Guild (and don't want to change) where you could climb the ranks with a good Leia, then it could be an option.

Sid would be better with Zader and Zaul. For me, I have a strong team of rebels already and don't want to invest in another one at the moment.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Hi all,
    At lev 72, I want to replace Lando in my arena team: Lando(L), Boba, Wiggs, ST Han in order to push to top20
    What is toon that i should choose: RG, Sun Fac, Ackbar?
    In my arena, at top 20, Rebel teams and Sith teams present mostly.
    Thanks
  • pnhuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    At lev 72, I want to replace Lando in my arena team: Lando(L), Boba, Wiggs, ST Han in order to push to top20
    What is toon that i should choose: RG, Sun Fac, Ackbar?
    In my arena, at top 20, Rebel teams and Sith teams present mostly.
    Thanks

I would change the team and go: Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Boba, and Lando

I would only use Lando as lead if you're up another person who has Lando lead or their Boba is faster than yours. Wedge's leadership is much better than Lando as offense is higher, turn meter, and rebels gain health if they kill someone.
  • I'd like to add that I've found this guide very helpful - I just wish I had come across it a bit sooner. Anyway, I could use some advice on improving my arena ranking, as I'm currently lucky to land in the top 50. The difference in crystals between where I'm at and say the top ~ten isn't insignificant towards bettering my team. Below is my profile:

https://swgoh.gg/u/heldmacm/

My arena team is maxed in terms of levels and abilities, and I switch between Lando and Wedge as the leader depending on whether I need the speed in a typical Wiggs battle. My biggest bottleneck at the moment appears to be my complete lack of speed primary arrows to throw on STH and/or Boba, though it's not for a lack of trying. If you have any advice on how I can improve my arena ranking (with my current team or going in a different direction - either is OK), I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.
  • Could you add rancor raid to this? I can't find a good guide
    I'll now start to farm another toon from Arena. I asked here and was told to go for Sid (was between him and Savage), but I'm thinking now about Leia (for a rebels p2 hAAT team). Which of them will see use first? Sid (where he does well? In a Zader or Zaul team?) or Leia for hAAT? I'm thinking about Leia, because Sid won't see much play until I'm getting zetas (which will happen in like, 30 to 45 days, if I'm lucky).
    What do you guys think?

I think Leia would be a strong player. For me, I was doing Sid but now going for Mace (I need him to be 7*) as I'm in a Guild where hAAT is completed within 4 hrs, so me leveling up Leia for my rebels team won't add much difference. If you're in a Guild (and don't want to change) where you could climb the ranks with a good Leia, then it could be an option.

Sid would be better with Zader and Zaul. For me, I have a strong team of rebels already and don't want to invest in another one at the moment.

I'm in a guild that does Heroic Rancor and Tier 6 AAT for now, but they'll start doing hATT next month, which means that it won't go down that easily.
    My rebels are: Wiggs+Lando+STH G10 and Ackbar G7, don't know if Leia is going to make a big difference in this team, but I'm also thinking about going for Maul as my first zeta (which I'll get a week after I finish Leia or Sid)
  • heldmacm wrote: »
    I'd like to add that I've found this guide very helpful - I just wish I had come across it a bit sooner. Anyway, I could use some advice on improving my arena ranking, as I'm currently lucky to land in the top 50. The difference in crystals between where I'm at and say the top ~ten isn't insignificant towards bettering my team. Below is my profile:

My arena team is maxed in terms of levels and abilities, and I switch between Lando and Wedge as the leader depending on whether I need the speed in a typical Wiggs battle. My biggest bottleneck at the moment appears to be my complete lack of speed primary arrows to throw on STH and/or Boba, though it's not for a lack of trying. If you have any advice on how I can improve my arena ranking (with my current team or going in a different direction - either is OK), I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

I know some people are going to disagree with me on this. However, I would remove your speed mods from STH and put on Boba. Boba is faster from a baseline than STH and you don't have good speed mods. I find that sometimes if STH goes 1st then the other team can dispel it straight away. So, put all your speed on Boba to hopefully ability block 1st (if you have any potency mods put on boba too).

For other mods, remove the critical avoidance arrow from Biggs - you want him to receive as many crits as possible as he gains 100% turn meter when he is crit hit. Also, I would remove some of the protection mods off biggs and put health on instead (like swap some of the stuff that STH has with Biggs). With a Wedge lead, Biggs will selfheal if he kills someone, so the most amount of health possible.
    I'm in a guild that does Heroic Rancor and Tier 6 AAT for now, but they'll start doing hATT next month, which means that it won't go down that easily.
    My rebels are: Wiggs+Lando+STH G10 and Ackbar G7, don't know if Leia is going to make a big difference in this team, but I'm also thinking about going for Maul as my first zeta (which I'll get a week after I finish Leia or Sid)

I would just level up ackbar (useful as pilot) if you want and get Sid as you still need to gear Leia - this is much harder than Sid to gear
    I'd like to add that I've found this guide very helpful - I just wish I had come across it a bit sooner. Anyway, I could use some advice on improving my arena ranking, as I'm currently lucky to land in the top 50. The difference in crystals between where I'm at and say the top ~ten isn't insignificant towards bettering my team. Below is my profile:

I know some people are going to disagree with me on this. However, I would remove your speed mods from STH and put on Boba. Boba is faster from a baseline than STH and you don't have good speed mods. I find that sometimes if STH goes 1st then the other team can dispel it straight away. So, put all your speed on Boba to hopefully ability block 1st (if you have any potency mods put on boba too).

For other mods, remove the critical avoidance arrow from Biggs - you want him to receive as many crits as possible as he gains 100% turn meter when he is crit hit. Also, I would remove some of the protection mods off biggs and put health on instead (like swap some of the stuff that STH has with Biggs). With a Wedge lead, Biggs will selfheal if he kills someone, so the most amount of health possible.

Thanks much for the advice. Beyond the mod shop, I assume the mods I should be farming to try to get some speed primary or secondary are five dot health mods, right? Other mod challenges I currently can sim are five dot tenacity, four dot defense and four dot crit chance.
  • Only farm 5 dot mods - I prefer tenacity but the choice is yours between that and health
  • Yes, if you have Boba, it's better to make him fast instead of STH, go first and block the other team, especially the other STH. It's a race for the faster Boba, mine was 238 in the end. Just when I got to gear 11 and 12 extra speed for a nice and round 250 I switched to zMaul and had to make the Siths fast instead.
  • Thanks again. I have one more question: when you're talking about moving speed mods from STH, that you're referring to the mods I have with secondary speed is clear. But for the rest that I give or keep on Boba, should I keep the one and two dot speed mods I have (for the speed set bonus), or ditch those completely from my arena squad and only focus on using five dot mods that have some type of speed stats? I feel like in the short term, using actual speed mods will give me a faster Boba, but the long term solution is obviously to get better mods with speed stats for Boba, STH, etc. Same question applies for your comment on potency mods for Boba: are we talking about actual one, two dot potency mods for the set bonus(es) or higher dot non-potency mods with some type of secondary potency boost? Thanks again!
  • @Raw quick question, who did you farm for Cantina store after Ahsoka and QGJ? Im one purchase away from Ahsoka now, and im thinking of getting Jawa Scavenger next
  • @Raw quick question, who did you farm for Cantina store after Ahsoka and QGJ? Im one purchase away from Ahsoka now, and im thinking of getting Jawa Scavenger next
    I'm not Raw, but a look at his swgoh page reveals that he has Boba (I assume you have him too), QGJ and Ahsoka at 7*. After those he has Fives, Bistan and Old Daka at 4* as well as HRS and Scavenger at 3*, so he seems to be a bit undecided or infifferent here.
    I farmed Poe to 7* because he is a pilot (and I want a resistance team for tank raid, all are 7* now), I also farmed Fives to 7*, his slow down on basic is good in the tank raid as well (still have to gear him though). Also good choices are Bistan (I farm him now) because of his ship (I need more good LS ships for the 6* Ackbar challenge), FO Officer (underrated toon) and Scavenger (the last two for mod challenges to 5*). The rest is plain bad or beyond their best days (this includes Old Daka and HRS who have been ok but too many better toons have overtaken them).
    None of those beyond the big three are must haves though, it's time for your personal preferences.
    Thanks again. I have one more question: when you're talking about moving speed mods from STH, that you're referring to the mods I have with secondary speed is clear. But for the rest that I give or keep on Boba, should I keep the one and two dot speed mods I have (for the speed set bonus), or ditch those completely from my arena squad and only focus on using five dot mods that have some type of speed stats? I feel like in the short term, using actual speed mods will give me a faster Boba, but the long term solution is obviously to get better mods with speed stats for Boba, STH, etc. Same question applies for your comment on potency mods for Boba: are we talking about actual one, two dot potency mods for the set bonus(es) or higher dot non-potency mods with some type of secondary potency boost? Thanks again!

It doesn't really matter if the mod effects come from set, primary or secondaries, they count all the same to the overall effect... If you need speed you look for the best mod combination and take everything into account (hard to avoid a speed primary arrow here though). If you need potency sets gain importance since the set bonuses usually are much bigger then secondaries - a potency primary cross again is necessary most of the time. But I'd like to remind you that potency and tenacity in Arena is useless most of the time because of the equation resistance = max(tenacity-potency,15).
    My Arena toons all have speed arrows and crit dmg triangles (except Nihilus, he annihilates anyway and gets protection), those are the most important primaries and often force set logic because you only have so many of these lying around. These should be combined with fitting set mods with speed secondaries and assigned in a way which fits your team best, and the dish is ready to serve.
  • @Doitsuyama thanks for the response! Yeah i suppose it is time for preference. I might opt to farm Jawa Scav but just enough to unlock him and then proceed to either Fives or Poe. Dont know which of the two to go first yet as they both are useful in multiple areas. Although farming Poe would be better for a Resistance Squad as a Clone squad would be a longer farm. Hmm decisions decisions
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    @Doitsuyama thanks for the response! Yeah i suppose it is time for preference. I might opt to farm Jawa Scav but just enough to unlock him and then proceed to either Fives or Poe. Dont know which of the two to go first yet as they both are useful in multiple areas. Although farming Poe would be better for a Resistance Squad as a Clone squad would be a longer farm. Hmm decisions decisions

Yes, as @Doitsuyama already guessed I was undecided (however old daka came from a bronzium) and unlocked JScav for the omega event and proceed with Fives now. I don't gear them though because I still have enough trouble with my Arena team, Rex and the Sith.

It's always those decisions. I also have to decide now to gear up Maul or Rex. Since my zeta will still have to wait because I buy gear in fleet store, I think Rex lead will be the best investment for now. Also I ask myself if not Kylo would be more interesting to have under Rex lead to get the first zeta. Rex L, Zylo, Nihilus, Boba, STH (later GK) seems to work.
    https://youtu.be/2FZ2znecOQ0
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    MaTucci wrote: »
    What do you guys think?

I go for sidious,see the video above, good under Rex or Zaul lead.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Mrjenkins wrote: »
    Could you add rancor raid to this? I can't find a good guide

Wait until your guild mates finished P1. Shoot the door button and dmg the Rancor with your arena team. Profit