Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Malicious wrote: »
    What do you guys think is the most important thing to use extra crystals on?
    1. Energy refills.
    2. Arena refills (if needed).
    3. Gear in shipments.
    4. Mod packs.
  • I wouldn't invest in mod packs yet until clearing Defense mods tier 3. The last mod pack I bought had 0 5pip mods and I highly suspect is due to me not having cleared the Defense mod tier 3.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Malicious wrote: »
    What do you guys think is the most important thing to use extra crystals on?
    1. Energy refills.
    2. Arena refills (if needed).
    3. Gear in shipments.
    4. Mod packs.

I have 3000 crystals savings now. Not sure if the 100 crystals per 120 energy would be worth it...
    on the other hand I would be lvl 72 now already and would have had better rewards from challenges then I get now with 71, if I invested that.

So if you take that into account, maybe invest even up to 500 (to cantina 200 energy 300, requires rank 2). But I chose to be able to buy these furnaces if they get back into shipments.
  • I feel stupid for asking but what does your final arena-team look like?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Lando, Wedge, Biggs, STH, Boba.

Lando or Wedge lead (L).

Lando, if you need the speed. Look at your opponent's STH and Boba (if existing ofc) before you fight them (stats field at the opponent's hero) and know your own stats.
    If the opponent's Boba or (!) STH are faster, choose Lando. Ofc you need to take into account whether the enemy uses Lando lead himself and add the respective value (e.g. 13).

Otherwise Wedge.
    If you are slower even with Lando, you will probably lose the fight. If you are not so lucky to be able to execute enemy's Boba.

• Thanks a lot!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    You are welcome :)

I made nodes about the Fleet Store shipments for 7 days now.
    In 7x3 shipments, there were

1x Darth Vader
    1x Darth Maul
    3x Wedge

2x Scimitar
    2x Slave I

More Sun Fac than there is left in coins :)

Just to give you an idea how long the farm will be.
    For Slave, that would be 10 weeks.
  • I'm currently at level 60 and rank in top 10 (sometimes 5) in arena. My team is Landa (L) 7*, Phasma 6*, JC 4*, STH 6*, QGJ 6*. I have just stopped farming Phasma and will replace it will Biggs, but wondering if I should replace QGJ with Boba or just wait until he is 7*? Is there a big difference between 6 and 7*? I know Boba can be used for ships, but it will take ages to farm his ship.
  • Also I start stated at 700 in fleet rankings and got to 150 using 1 crystal refresh. Should I should I keep pushing until top 20 from day 1?
  • Also, with wedge being in the fleet shipment store, should I forgo ships for shards if wedge? I think this is new from the update today
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Just give it a try with Boba. What gear do you have? No, stars do not make that much a difference, gear upgrade does.

(As a crew however, the 7th makes a huge difference, so have your pilots 7*)

Wedge is priority to farm in fleet shipments.
    This is not new, as you can see in my overview I bought him last week, also it is mentioned in the OP.

I do not buy any ship plans other then Slave1 and Scimitar in fleet store. The rest I buy in GW store.

Yes, invest in fleet arena refreshes until you have reached top 10 or so. But since your Biggs is not ready, may be hard

In the update you can see MK5 fusion furnace is back, 1400 crystals. Glad I saved some... thx @wawrzon
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Also, with wedge being in the fleet shipment store, should I forgo ships for shards if wedge? I think this is new from the update today

Wedge has been there before, the update only made changes to shipments for crystals.

I think speeding up the farm by getting Wedge in fleet shipments is worth it. Unless you have a higher priority on ships than on arena.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Also, with wedge being in the fleet shipment store, should I forgo ships for shards if wedge? I think this is new from the update today

Wedge has been there before, the update only made changes to shipments for crystals.

I think speeding up the farm by getting Wedge in fleet shipments is worth it. Unless you have a higher priority on ships than on arena.

Wedge 7* actually helps you also in fleet arena.
    My Wedge's X-Wing is lvl 68, 3* (power 11k) and has a crew power 4k (Wedge geared 8, lvl 72, 6*).

Look here, pilot's contribution, unit rarity:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships

=> http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z323/7Beta7/Public/Pilot Contribution - Rarity_zpsvgsnwr8h.png

The 7th star boosts the contribution from 1773 (6 star) to 3103!
    Multiplied by 1.1

I will soon have my 7th star and can tell you what the final value will be.
    I looked at an opponent, his wedge is lvl 74 and has a 7th star. Counts as 4957 crew power. So almost 1k more.

• Raw wrote: »

Wedge 7* actually helps you also in fleet arena.
    My Wedge's X-Wing is lvl 68, 3* (power 11k) and has a crew power 4k (Wedge geared 8, lvl 72, 6*).

Look here, pilot's contribution, unit rarity:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/79552/mostly-inclusive-guide-to-ships

=> http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z323/7Beta7/Public/Pilot Contribution - Rarity_zpsvgsnwr8h.png

The 7th star boosts the contribution from 1773 (6 star) to 3103!
    Multiplied by 1.1

I will soon have my 7th star and can tell you what the final value will be.
    I looked at an opponent, his wedge is lvl 74 and has a 7th star. Counts as 4957 crew power. So almost 1k more.

Very good point, I don't know much about ships (yet) but that makes grabbing Wedge whenever he shows up a win-win then.
  • So while I am farming sun fac and wedge, do you think it makes sense to unlock scarif through cantina energy just to have a 7th ship? Bistan's ship is ready to go and is also nice because it is 2-3 star off the bat I believe. Not great long term but I think it would help in ship arena early on. Of coarse that is only if you got all the holiday bistan shards.
  • What about Shoretrooper as a pull from first chromium?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    So while I am farming sun fac and wedge, do you think it makes sense to unlock scarif through cantina energy just to have a 7th ship?

Actually I did that, but I started in December and have a 4-star ship and Bistan for free.
    I needed it for some challenges.
    If you don't have that, stick with what you already have (Resistance XWing?)
    It would be too much effort to level and gear two pilots.
    What about Shoretrooper as a pull from first chromium?
    Shoretrooper is very valuable and rare, but you won't be able to farm him as F2P. So how many stars does he have?
    If only two stars, it might not be very helpful. With 4 stars, I would give it a try.

What about Shoretrooper as a pull from first chromium?
    Shoretrooper is very valuable and rare, but you won't be able to farm him as F2P. So how many stars does he have?
    If only two stars, it might not be very helpful. With 4 stars, I would give it a try.
    He has 3 stars and iam gonna kepp him ;)

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    He has 3 stars and iam gonna kepp him ;)
    Would be nice if you share your experience with him then! Good Luck!

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Is it just that RNJesus loves me, or did you also notice an increase in Scimitar and Slave1 appearance in the fleet store?
    Is it just that RNJesus loves me, or did you also notice an increase in Scimitar and Slave1 appearance in the fleet store?
    They are there, usualy in bundles (2-3 refreshes in a row). Idk what a lot is for you, definitelly not each shop refresh.
    On a side note - got bugged fleet shop - had 5x mk4 droid callers for 600 tokens. Fully crafted gear instead of salvages.
    I'm still doing ok on my arenas. Getting top3 in squad arena daily and top1 ( if I actualy have time to play then) in fleet arena. Still not even close to even up the gap between us, because of phasma and qgj debacle, but getting closer. Waiting for those furnaces in shipments, still haven't seen any.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Raw wrote: »
    They are there, usualy in bundles (2-3 refreshes in a row). Idk what a lot is for you, definitelly not each shop refresh.
    On a side note - got bugged fleet shop - had 5x mk4 droid callers for 600 tokens. Fully crafted gear instead of salvages.
    I'm still doing ok on my arenas. Getting top3 in squad arena daily and top1 ( if I actualy have time to play then) in fleet arena. Still not even close to even up the gap between us, because of phasma and qgj debacle, but getting closer. Waiting for those furnaces in shipments, still haven't seen any.

Thank you for the hint, I was also able to buy these mk4 droid callers for 550 tokens (5x).

I only had the chance to buy these furnaces once (midnight after the update) and still wait for a second appearance.

Slave/scimitar had a chance of each ~10% the week I took notes. Of 21 refreshes, both 2x scimitar and Slave. But last week I got much more.

• If you really feel screwed by the Phasma and QGJ debacle, you could have just rolled another account. No point to keep feeling so much indignation. I was even worse off than you, the guide I read recommended GS over Lando.(Along with Phasma and QGJ) :'(
    BTW, MK 4 Droid Callers are pretty easy to get. Bit of a waste to spend FAT on them in my opinion.
  • metelnight2
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Is it worth it to make a jedi squad to clear tier III defense challenge for 5 dot mods to appear in mod shipments? Also what is earliest level someone has completed tier 3 health challenge?

Thanks!
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    If you really feel screwed by the Phasma and QGJ debacle, you could have just rolled another account. No point to keep feeling so much indignation. I was even worse off than you, the guide I read recommended GS over Lando.(Along with Phasma and QGJ) :'(
    BTW, MK 4 Droid Callers are pretty easy to get. Bit of a waste to spend FAT on them in my opinion.
    We probably went with the same guide. I stopped Gs and went with Lando after GS was 4 star. I guess it's getting kinda old beating the drum about it. My only point about that guide was to change farming order for units, still OP decided to disregard any valid reasoning for that. A shame so many ppl still read and follow that guide.
    MK4 are worth it since it's still 100 salvages for 600 tokens. True that they are easier to farm, but on higher levels, with challenges unlocked. Below 70lvl it's a steal. You can easily gear up Ackbar, Sun Fac, TIE Pilot, Biggs, Wedge and Rex. All of those are helpful/essential in fleet arena (at that level). I had those droid callers twice last 3 days and still need couple more. I rank top3 (top1 usualy) in fleet arena so I can spare those 600. Treat is as an investment.
    Overall, it's your judgement call. I'm not saying that you have to do it, but by giving my setup and situation together with my reasoning - each player can make up their own mind if it's worth it, based on my decision.
    Is it worth it to make a jedi squad to clear tier III defense challenge for 5 dot mods to appear in mod shipments? Also what is earliest level someone has completed tier 3 health challenge?
    I've done health mods probably around 62lvl (if memory serves me). To go for defence tier3 is a bit tricky. You should go for it if you are able to maintain your arena team up to date. I personally (69lvl now) didn't do it yet. Didn't farm Ahsoka (read a different guide) so I'm behind and trying to catch up now. I'm in constant credit deficit so I won't do jedi's just yet. Even if I get a good 5* mod I won't be able to buy it since I have trouble leveling up all units I need (not to mention upgrading them). It probably will be easier after 70lvl with new heist unlocked. But before that I don't think it's needed or mandatory. Getting a plethora of useful 4* or 5* mods from health challenge is much better (I still have around 30 mods I want to upgrade, but lack credits for it).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    If you really feel screwed by the Phasma and QGJ debacle, you could have just rolled another account. No point to keep feeling so much indignation. I was even worse off than you, the guide I read recommended GS over Lando.(Along with Phasma and QGJ) :'(

In my arena leaderboard there is one guy, lvl73, (hi SlayerZ) who plays
    Lando (L), GS, QGJ, STH, Boba (6 stars)
    and has nice health mods with speed, so surprised me to lose against him:
    His STH has 191 speed. Only with health mods.
    He has farmed GS and Lando, so almost the same cantina nodes like I did with Lando (7*) Wedge (4->7 stars) and GS (0->5*). He was just lucky that he has got 14 speed secondary processor etc..
    So this is also possible, just need luck on the mods.
    Thanks!

Tier3 health challenge I completed right after my GS was 5 stars, and completed it without any losses so I could sim it from there on. So I had the team of Lando 7*, Biggs 7*, Boba 7*, STH 7* and GS 5*. I don't remember the level.

Currently I did the tier II defense challenge with much help of my Ahsoka (was a long 1:1 fight with the boss but due to self heal she won :) ). I was able to buy a IV-A-potency mod for 2 mio credits today. 5-dot-mods in A quality will cost 4 mio, I heard. So you will need to have a lot of credits to even buy these.

I just managed the lvl72-credit heist event with my new IG-88, which helped a lot in point of credits. Now I continue to build a Jedi team. I already have Ahsoka, now farming JKA in hard nodes 3x3 times a day, QGJ, JC a bit (only 5*, to be replaced by Yoda).
    I'm not quite sure if I really farm Aayla Secura (because it slows my mod gambling), so I started IGD in guild store.
    Also a 4-star Barriss came in my hands today from a bronzium card, so that would also be an option.
    @wawrzon, any hints for my Jedi team?

I noticed this haha!

• So should I be getting Asoka for ships?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    So should I be getting Asoka for ships?

She can be a joker card that turns a lose into a win. If the enemy has taunt and several protection buffs on a ship and you can pull her and remove that all - I love it.

She is easy to farm (bronzium maybe, then cantina store and hard nodes) and helpful for a Jedi team you will need for DefMod, AAT tank raid P1 and Omega + Yoda events.
  • This is a superb guide, the one item I would add is that you have to be very active to be competitive as FTP, especially around your arena payout time. Take a weeks vacation at level 50 and it may set you back tens of thousands of crystals by the time you reach level 80.

For those griping that they went the Qui-Gon route instead of Boba, I have Qui-Gon with my rebels and consistently take second place on my arena shard. He isn't as good against the whales with Chaze, but he is still has incredible utility, and is very easy to gear up in comparison.