Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I can't imagine you have all good Cantina toons already, there simply are too many. Even Chirpa is great for hAAT phase 3 for example.

Isn't there a case to be made for buying Baze shards, to try and place higher in squad arena, instead of chasing after raid performance?

Interesting question. Let's suppose you buy Baze to 4* which I think may be Arena viable to some degree (gearing him is another matter, I just got him to gear 10, what a pain). For 80 shards you'll need 6400 crystals, which could be used for 64 Cantina refreshes. Translated to shards for Chirpa that's 640 sims, resulting in a mean of about 213 shards for him. The sacrifice is more than those shards though, as there are 2.88M credits, 768K ship credits, 168 more shards in Cantina store, up to 76.8K guild tickets (if you are short of 600 per day), and a lot of purple ability mats as side benefits.
    So it's really up to you if this is worth for Baze (actually the answer might amazingly be yes, along with Chirrut this is the biggest bromance ever seen).
    Raw wrote: »
    Post-Level 60
    Cantina store: Ahsoka 7*, QGJ 7*
    Arena store: Ackbar 5*, IG-88 5*, Windu (optional Tarkin, Chief Nebit)

Aim to have 5 Empire toons at 7* for the R2D2 event (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP).

- Farming Tarkin in Arena Store after IG88 may help, but this is optional.

@Raw

With the Tarkin rework, and the endgame goal of switching to a Tarkin fleet, it seems like Tarkin isn't an "optional" character any more. Maybe list him as a mandatory 7* goal, after IG-88 5* and Windu 5*?

What would you suggest for Cantina store, after Ahsoka and QGJ are both 7*?

I assume you listed Chief Nebit as optional, for the Crit Dmg mod challenge? Maybe expand on this topic more fully: 'Aim for 5 Jawas for the Crit Damage mod challenge. Farm JE from guild store, Jawa from cantina 2D, Jawa Scavenger from cantina store, Dathcha from GW store or cantina 2G, Chief Nebit from arena store.'

What stars and gear level do we need for the jawa team, to 3* the crit damage mod challenge?

We will have to see how good that tarkin will be, maybe I will change it accordingly.

In cantina store you should get a 5* jawa scav and a 5* Poe for the mod challenges.
    I farmed a Fives 7* (pilot, future raid).

I just finished the CD mod challenge with lvl 60-65 g7 jawas. Gave them my second best mods (not my arena team's). Lost one fight on auto, 2* on second try and 3* on third try so it would be possible with lower toons. But I didn't want to lose too much cantina energy with tries.
    Post edited by Raw on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Baze shards are now cheaper (50 crystals per shard). Probably Chaze will have a good synergy with fulcrum Ahsoka. If you have spare crystals after the refreshes (for a short time buy 3x pve energy for 50 crystals and cantina energy for 100) you should consider buying it.
  • Options
    It's quite a race on fresh arena shard: several dudes hit lvl35+ in few hours, one of them is lvl38 and I'm not sure if it's his max or he just tired a bit) Btw should I burn all/most of the energy asap to keep pace with most leveled guys to reach GW and mods at the same time, right?
  • Options
    Please share your expierience of how you joined the proper guild. Maybe some of your guilds need fresh lvl35 with ambitions and 600/600 daily tickets? https://swgoh.gg/u/barabas881/
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Search for an hAAT guild in the forum. It is possible to be taken, however you need luck. One of my shard mates had this luck and presented his GK g11 at lvl 83 already.

Before that you can choose any random guild that is offered to you with 49/50 members. Once you are in, check how many tickets they do and how fast the AAT is taken down. If they perform poorly, change it.
  • Options
    Search for an hAAT guild in the forum. It is possible to be taken, however you need luck. One of my shard mates had this luck and presented his GK g11 at lvl 83 already.

Before that you can choose any random guild that is offered to you with 49/50 members. Once you are in, check how many tickets they do and how fast the AAT is taken down. If they perform poorly, change it.

Thanks! Will go check ads and will place my own as well when close to first 7* toon.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    barabas881 wrote: »
    It's quite a race on fresh arena shard: several dudes hit lvl35+ in few hours, one of them is lvl38 and I'm not sure if it's his max or he just tired a bit) Btw should I burn all/most of the energy asap to keep pace with most leveled guys to reach GW and mods at the same time, right?

That might seem like the obvious thing to do (and I've done it on a couple of new test accounts) but another smart play might be to NOT spend all your energy at the start, but rather to invest that energy in gear for arena toons that you plan on keeping for the long term.

So if you've got Lando and Boba Fett unlocked at 28, burn your energy and gear them up until you hit their level limitations; then wait until STH and Biggs are unlocked (should only take a few days) and then burn through your energy reserves to gear them up fully as well.

Burning energy on random light/dark nodes, or gearing up toons that will be retired soon, may be a waste; since after your reserves are depleted, you're back to the old grind of "Gotta wait for the next 45 free energy so I can sim 5 more equipment nodes ..."
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    We will have to see how good that tarkin will be, maybe I will change it accordingly.

But don't we need Tarkin at 7* eventually for fleet arena? I thought that was the whole point of farming Vader, TFP, and FOTP ships in your guide; that is, to transition to a Tarkin-lead three-TIE fleet. No?

Also, there's nothing to buy in the squad arena store once STH, Ackbar, and IG88 are all 7*. Wouldn't Tarkin be the next logical choice? If not him, then who else would take priority on the arena store farm list?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

That might seem like the obvious thing to do (and I've done it on a couple of new test accounts) but another smart play might be to NOT spend all your energy at the start, but rather to invest that energy in gear for arena toons that you plan on keeping for the long term.

So if you've got Lando and Boba Fett unlocked at 28, burn your energy and gear them up until you hit their level limitations; then wait until STH and Biggs are unlocked (should only take a few days) and then burn through your energy reserves to gear them up fully as well.

Burning energy on random light/dark nodes, or gearing up toons that will be retired soon, may be a waste; since after your reserves are depleted, you're back to the old grind of "Gotta wait for the next 45 free energy so I can sim 5 more equipment nodes ..."

You can do both, if you look at the gear required on swgoh.gg in advance. I did the same for GK so I was able to use him the day it was activated.

But don't we need Tarkin at 7* eventually for fleet arena? I thought that was the whole point of farming Vader, TFP, and FOTP ships in your guide; that is, to transition to a Tarkin-lead three-TIE fleet. No?

Also, there's nothing to buy in the squad arena store once STH, Ackbar, and IG88 are all 7*. Wouldn't Tarkin be the next logical choice? If not him, then who else would take priority on the arena store farm list?

Tarkin as commander is only used once and that is on the way to the zeta event. The TIEs work fine under Ackbar and Mace.
    I also used Tarkin for the potency mod challenge and the r2d2 event.
    Tarkin in Arena, after the first videos appeared I am still not convinced. Let's wait a week.
    Farming Tarkin is a solid choice. You also need Chief Nebit and Mace. After this hk47.
  • Options
    @Raw - Thanks for the clarification about Tarkin, I appreciate it.
  • Options

Going this way means the competitors will always be some levels ahead (240 regular energy restoring daily + bought with crystals; I can't buy since my energy is full). So I'll try to burn as much as possible for most popular gear. Hell, it's almost 24/7 with no spare tickets)
  • Options
    Does anyone know what is that Luke's August event? We should have Luke developed?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what is that Luke's August event? We should have Luke developed?

I always have more than enough guild tokens, I will buy him there.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Rumors say it could be that Luke will be followed by people he met, like Chewie, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han Solo, R2D2, Yoda... who knows.
  • Options

Rumors say it could be that Luke will be followed by people he met, like Chewie, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han Solo, R2D2, Yoda... who knows.

Evil twin?)))
  • Options
    Hi Raw,

I followed your guide and it really helped a lot.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mischka/

As you can see, I followed your arena team set up. Got to nr 2. ( came from +100 before I met your guide)

I am about to get my first zeta.
    Who do I best give it too, Kylo or Boba?

the team I am going for is first rex(L), wiggs, kylo/boba, Sun Fac
    then later eventually Rex(L), Kylo/boba, DN, Chaze
    As my guild cannot do the heroic AAt for the moment

all the best
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Mischka wrote: »
    Hi Raw,

I followed your guide and it really helped a lot.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mischka/

As you can see, I followed your arena team set up. Got to nr 2. ( came from +100 before I met your guide)

I am about to get my first zeta.
    Who do I best give it too, Kylo or Boba?

the team I am going for is first rex(L), wiggs, kylo/boba, Sun Fac
    then later eventually Rex(L), Kylo/boba, DN, Chaze
    As my guild cannot do the heroic AAt for the moment

all the best

Hi Mischka,
    both is possible. Zylo helps in AAT (p1) and often saved my fights in arena that would otherwise have been lost. You have farmed him already so I'd zeta him. You can also see that currently 20% of all no1 teams use this setup:
    Rex · Kylo Ren · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads

However Kylo is not very good on defense. Boba is a little better there. Some of my shardmates that don't have Kylo zeta'ed Boba and are happy with it, because they have no other toon to zeta. But since you have him, give it to Kylo.

• Options
    Tarkin's rework may lead to the end of Rebels' era of domination early/mid game. As I see it Tarkin (L), TFP, Boba, STH (RG, not sure how good he is at 2-4 stars?), Lando(?) can be real PITA for any Rebels team without cleanser (Akbar, and his turn should be timed perfectly + himself not being ability blocked) and very-very fast and effective Boba. TFP's special (if landed properly) inflicts Defense down and blocks positive effects, then Tarkin (if not blocked by Boba) throws Speed down and Offence down. Don't have enough ability mats to try it out in full strenght but very tempted by the Dark side (I know that it's impossible to farm&gear additional toons and totally regret it). At lvl44 atm.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'd like to give some feedback about step 12) Optional Darth Maul (Guild Store, Fleet Store) and his Scimitar.

Yes, strictly speaking, this is optional; but it's also incredibly overpowered under an Ackbar fleet lead, and should be given serious consideration. It's an incredible sight to watch the enemy fleet cut themselves to pieces, attacking into a retribution-buffed Wedge or Biggs.

You know you're on to something OP when the addition of a single ship, at 3*, is able to single-handedly propel your otherwise lackluster fleet up to #1 at payout time (versus my usual 6-10 payout bracket, without it).
  • natharas
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Needing some advise for Mods, should I stack all health as I'm still levelling currently 70.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    natharas wrote: »
    Needing some advise for Mods, should I stack all health as I'm still levelling currently 70.

Health mod set (mk5) can be used when you can't farm other good mod sets (poten, tenna, speed, crit dam..). At high lev (80+) and high gear, you will have to replace health mod set with others.

So, you can use health mod set if they have good 2nd speed attributes.

You may need this:
    http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Mods/Advisor
  • Options
    I'd like to briefly discuss the minimum set of additional characters needed to be effective in the Rancor and AAT raids, with the long-term goal of building a roster that's attractive to hAAT guilds. This discussion is based on the heroic raid teams shown in Morningstar013's list. (Link at bottom.)

The following assumes that the player is following Raw's guide.

Rancor

zeta Vader (L), Jyn Erso, TFP, Tarkin, and Rex is a solid team to use, and Raw's guide already gives us four of these characters. Jyn Erso is the additional character needed, and can be farmed in Guild Shipments.

AAT

Our standard arena team (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Boba, STH) is quite good for phases 2 and 4 but can be further enhanced by the addition of Leia and Ackbar; and since we already have Ackbar from Raw's guide, Leia is the only completely new character that would be needed. She's a quick farm from the Arena Shipments.

EP, TFP, STH, SF, and RG form a good team for Phase 3. Raw's guide gets EP 7* easily, but the event only comes around once every few months. Raw's guide gets us TFP, STH, and SF. Farm RG hard nodes daily, and dump energy into cantina 7C if necessary.

Zeta Kylo Ren seems to be the character that can single-handedly cover Phase 1. There are videos that show g9 Zylos soloing phase 1 of hAAT. He's also a useful arena character during the endgame transition, so it seems like a no-brainer to invest in him.

Summary

In addition to doing everything in Raw's guide, do the following:
    • Farm Jyn Erso from guild shipments, after SF and Rex are 7*.
    • Farm RG from hard nodes, as a mandatory character.
    • Farm Leia from arena shipments, after Ackbar and Tarkin are 7*.
    • Farm Kylo Ren from cantina.

Note that the above analysis is based on the validity of Morningstar013's Team List: https://swgohindepth.com/2017/04/13/morningstar-013s-complete-haat-team-list/
  • Options
    Hi again! Please help me with dilemma:

Finishing Lando atm (lvl46) and can't choose who to farm next: TFP, GS orJC. JC could really help a lot with Health mod tier3 I suppose as the only 5* healer available but I can run ahead. On the other hand TFP and GS (btw is he still crucial to farm or not?) can be farmed in cantina only.
  • Options
    pnhuy wrote: »

Health mod set (mk5) can be used when you can't farm other good mod sets (poten, tenna, speed, crit dam..). At high lev (80+) and high gear, you will have to replace health mod set with others.

You may need this:

Thanks, my current squad I'm unable to get MK5 health mods, I guess that's why I feel a little lost with my mods. I'm currently 71 and my squad are lvl 68-69.

I will look at that link and see what I can do to improve, should I pull out any lvl 1 mods and try replace them asap, I've also tried to not spend credits from the Mod store, is that a good or bad thing?
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options

You may need this:

Thanks, my current squad I'm unable to get MK5 health mods, I guess that's why I feel a little lost with my mods. I'm currently 71 and my squad are lvl 68-69.

I will look at that link and see what I can do to improve, should I pull out any lvl 1 mods and try replace them asap, I've also tried to not spend credits from the Mod store, is that a good or bad thing?

You can use health mod set until lev 80+ or you can farm another mod set.

After finished tier 3 health + def mod challenge, the rate of selling mk5 mod is increased. So you should always have at least 4M credits in your pocket so that you can buy mod having speed in mod store ( the good way to get mod having speed). You can also farm mk5 health mod set for your arena team in health mod challenge.

The link i gave you is for reference at 80+. So it's ok if you can use any good mod sets you have. For <80, mk5 health mod set is still good.
  • Options
    Hi Raw,

I have the same Arena team as you: Rex (L), Zylo, DN, GK, SF (my Kenobi will take another four weeks). What is the best toon to replace SF? Unfortunately I don't have R2D2, so I guess DT, Zarriss or EP would be viable options. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Maybe include a link to your profile.....

Just make sure you don't try to gear too many toons at once
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    You can use health mod set until lev 80+ or you can farm another mod set.
    After I had farmed some CD mods for 2-3 complete sets, I continue to farm health sets. These are not so bad. Think of the current meta team: Rex DN Chaze GK.
    Rex, DN, Baze, GK => 4 of 5 chars can use health sets, and only one needs CD+CC (Chirrut). Of course you can also use other sets like e.g. tenacity or speed on Rex but this is not mandatory. You can also take health+very good speed secondaries. A broad variety of health mods give you a high flexibilty if you want to change teams.

JaminSpace wrote: »
    Hi Raw,
    I have the same Arena team as you: Rex (L), Zylo, DN, GK, SF (my Kenobi will take another four weeks). What is the best toon to replace SF? Unfortunately I don't have R2D2, so I guess DT, Zarriss or EP would be viable options. Any thoughts?

This makes no sense because GK = General Kenobi?!
    Furthermore I just changed my team to Rex (L) Boba (g11 with CD+CC set 220 speed is better now then Zylo on defence), GK Zarriss DN.
    So yes, Zarriss is an option if you already have her. EP is not so good against Rex, because tenecity up will make him rather useless. DT? Never seen him in this kind of setup, I know him only in dark side teams.
    Hi again! Please help me with dilemma:
    Finishing Lando atm (lvl46) and can't choose who to farm next: TFP, GS orJC. JC could really help a lot with Health mod tier3 I suppose as the only 5* healer available but I can run ahead. On the other hand TFP and GS (btw is he still crucial to farm or not?) can be farmed in cantina only.
    GS is not a crucial farm, I already asked for opinions to take him out of the guide. But some say in lower levels he might be helpful. He is okay as a pilot but will be ditched for the target lockers as soon as you have them (Fives, FOTP). Overall a cheap and helpful midgame char. GS can be farmed in the fleet store, too. TFP can't. So I must leave this to your decision. If you feel you can get along without GS that would be good, but if you feel you need another toon for your fleet/GW, it's not that expensive.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Rancor
    zeta Vader (L), Jyn Erso, TFP, Tarkin, and Rex is a solid team to use, and Raw's guide already gives us four of these characters. Jyn Erso is the additional character needed, and can be farmed in Guild Shipments.

I would not recommend zeta on Vader at the moment. This team works fine with Teebo who could be farmed if you finished your ships. Instead of Tarkin you can also take QGJ who is in my guide.
    However I have no gear to spare for Jyn or Teebo. That's why I go Wedge (L) Biggs, TFP, Rex, QGJ (Omega basic). Yesterday's score was 1,6 Mio in P1 with this team. It's not that much but I need to gear Chaze, R2D2 and other arena important toons before I can gear raid-only toons. Also R2D2 needs zetas so you can't waste any for raid toons.
    AAT
    Our standard arena team (Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Boba, STH) is quite good for phases 2 and 4 but can be further enhanced by the addition of Leia and Ackbar; and since we already have Ackbar from Raw's guide, Leia is the only completely new character that would be needed. She's a quick farm from the Arena Shipments.
    You can't use STH for P2/P4, it is needed in P3. I use Rex here instead (P4).
    Yes, Leia's shards are an easy farm but again, make sure you have your g11 Rex, GK (if available), Chaze, R2D2, DN etc. ready before you farm raid chars. My yesterday's dmg with Wedge (l) Biggs Boba Lando Rex (P2 hAAT) was 436k. Not very high but enough.
    EP, TFP, STH, SF, and RG form a good team for Phase 3. Raw's guide gets EP 7* easily, but the event only comes around once every few months. Raw's guide gets us TFP, STH, and SF. Farm RG hard nodes daily, and dump energy into cantina 7C if necessary.

RG is already in the guide (optional hard node farm). Don't farm RG with 16 cantina energy. This is only an option if the R2D2 event is on and you need these very badly. But it's far too expensive.
    Zeta Kylo Ren seems to be the character that can single-handedly cover Phase 1. There are videos that show g9 Zylos soloing phase 1 of hAAT. He's also a useful arena character during the endgame transition, so it seems like a no-brainer to invest in him.
    The P1 AAT Zylo might be nerfed in the near future. But still, Zylo often helped me to win arena fights that otherwise would have been lost.

Summary
    In addition to doing everything in Raw's guide, do the following:
    • Farm Jyn Erso from guild shipments, after SF and Rex are 7*.
    • Farm RG from hard nodes, as a mandatory character.
    • Farm Leia from arena shipments, after Ackbar and Tarkin are 7*.
    • Farm Kylo Ren from cantina.

I think Jyn Erso has to wait until you have both the CD mod challenge and the Speed mod challenge unlocked. So JE, Resistance Trooper, Rey would have my priority.

I would still habe no gear for Leia. I also think it's more important to have the CD mod challenge, so Chief Nebit goes first (STH 7* and IG-88 5* should also be in, first). Furthermore a very good arena rank helps you more to get good gear than a Leia, so Mace would also be my priority. Also I'd rather have a gear advantage on cost of my fleet mates instead of my guild mates. And you must see that the game is already a year old so it's hard anyways to be better then the guys in your guild that are months ahead.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to give some feedback about step 12) Optional Darth Maul (Guild Store, Fleet Store) and his Scimitar.

Yes, strictly speaking, this is optional; but it's also incredibly overpowered under an Ackbar fleet lead, and should be given serious consideration. It's an incredible sight to watch the enemy fleet cut themselves to pieces, attacking into a retribution-buffed Wedge or Biggs.

You know you're on to something OP when the addition of a single ship, at 3*, is able to single-handedly propel your otherwise lackluster fleet up to #1 at payout time (versus my usual 6-10 payout bracket, without it).

Most of my top10 fleet opponents use Fives in the starting team so they often clear that scimitar's retribution off. So enjoy it if your opponent's don't have it, but it will only be a matter of time.