Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Probably not before another 3 months. But to get your RG shards with hard nodes only will take some time.

I started farming FOST to be able to use a full first order Team in the future. His 20-energy hard node also offers very nice gear pieces. FOTP will also need some months to finish. Not sure if I have enough zeta then though, this team would require many.
  • Reytuag
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Hey Raw, I have a few questions:

1/ I started the game a few days ago (lvl 33 atm). I followed this guide and I got Rex in my first chromium pack, does it change anything for me ? Should I start to build a squad around him or just level him up and use Lando as a leader as you said ?

I was thinking about not farming Lando at all and just do that :
    - Farming Chewie shards in the cantina 1-C to have 5* Chewie
    - Farming Biggs shards in the cantina 3-G to have 7* Biggs
    - Farming JC and Boba Fett shards in hard nodes

Results would be no Lando but Boba and Biggs more rapidly, but is it a good idea? Would my Rex 4* be sufficient at lvl 60 compared to Lando 7*? And if your advice is to farm Lando anyway, what do I do with Rex ? (PS : at the moment I have 14/80 shards for Lando)

I would like to end up with a squad composed of Rex (L) - Wiggs - STH - Boba.

2/ I am currently using all my cantina tokens to farm Boba Fett so i never buy capacity materials in the cantina. The result is that my heroes level and gear is always at maximum, but not the capacities. Should I use sometimes the cantina tokens to buy capacity materials or should I keep going like this, using them only to farm Boba ?

3/ My actual arena squad is composed of Rex (L) - Chewie - JC - Luke - Talia.

I think I will get STH in less than 1 week, so who should I remove from the squad first ?
    And same question for when I will get Boba and Biggs, who do i remove ?
    Post edited by Reytuag on
  • Taho22
    15 posts Member
    I'll let Raw do the heavy lifting, but one thing to definitely consider is the Credit Heist event for which you need Scoundrels. Lando is a scoundrel and a rebel so helps with multiple things (credit heist and palp event). I didn't have the luxury of an early Rex, but used Lando (L), Biggs, Wedge, Boba, and STH all the way until about 85 if I remember correctly. The five easiest scoundrels (this is all off the top of my head) are Lando, STH, Boba, 88, and Chewy. The five easiest rebels are Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STH, and Ackbar. (Maybe Phoenix changes this... I don't know.) Since Lando and STH are useful for both, I would not skip Lando unless you have other Rebels and Scoundrels in mind.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Reytuag wrote: »
    Hey Raw, I have a few questions:

1/ I started the game a few days ago (lvl 33 atm). I followed this guide and I got Rex in my first chromium pack, does it change anything for me ? Should I start to build a squad around him or just level him up and use Lando as a leader as you said ?

I was thinking about not farming Lando at all and just do that :
    - Farming Chewie shards in the cantina 1-C to have 5* Chewie
    - Farming Biggs shards in the cantina 3-G to have 7* Biggs
    - Farming JC and Boba Fett shards in hard nodes

Results would be no Lando but Boba and Biggs more rapidly, but is it a good idea? Would my Rex 4* be sufficient at lvl 60 compared to Lando 7*? And if your advice is to farm Lando anyway, what do I do with Rex ? (PS : at the moment I have 14/80 shards for Lando)

I would like to end up with a squad composed of Rex (L) - Wiggs - STH - Boba.

2/ I am currently using all my cantina tokens to farm Boba Fett so i never buy capacity materials in the cantina. The result is that my heroes level and gear is always at maximum, but not the capacities. Should I use sometimes the cantina tokens to buy capacity materials or should I keep going like this, using them only to farm Boba ?

3/ My actual arena squad is composed of Rex (L) - Chewie - JC - Luke - Talia.

I think I will get STH in less than 1 week, so who should I remove from the squad first ?
    And same question for when I will get Boba and Biggs, who do i remove ?

As Taho mentioned, Lando is not replacable and would probably be your first 7* char so you also use him to participate in heroic raids. Until Wedge is ready and geared, you will also need Lando as damage dealer.
    You can also switch between Wedge lead, Lando lead and Rex lead later. It's good to have alternatives.

Only farm Boba with your cantina tokens. The ability mats (I think you were referring to these?) will come from the challenges and hard nodes.

Talia is the worst char in the game, get rid of her soon.

With STH geared, you should then be able to remove Chewie, after this Luke or JC, you need to test it. Normally you should not need a healer.

• Thank you both for your answers, I will farm Lando asap and keep Rex for later then !
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    Just to pile on the Lando bandwagon, there was a portion of the game, pre-wiggs, that Lando was the MVP of my team. His Double Down attack was a life saver many many times.
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    I have a higher level mod farming question. What mods do you keep for future use and which do you sell?

I'm torn about keeping gold Lvl1 mods without speed because it's nice to see what secondaries they have, and upgraded their secondaries would be higher than a white Lvl 1 mod that started without any secondaries.

Then comes the question of keeping Blue & Purple Lvl1 without speed. I can't decide if these are better or worse than gold because there's at least an opportunity for speed. But the cost seems high just to add one secondary.

Then there's the white (light blue) Lvl 1 mods. Do you upgrade em all to L3 to see if you pop a speed? L6? At what point does the cost of trying to get speed outweigh the potential benefit for a 3-5sp?

I'm thinking about all this right now as my arena team has ok speed, my remaining pilots have L15 non-speed mods, and I'm trickling down extra mods onto secondary teams (Empire & Jedi currently). I have a ton of mods that are L1 & 3, but is it worth the expense if the mods don't end up with speed?

Is it better to just go modless and keep farming for the guaranteed speed secondaries to flesh out your teams? Or do you flesh out your teams when you can afford to and swap in speed mods when you get them?

I also wonder if there are some primaries that always deserve an upgrade. Speed arrows are obvious, but I haven't looked at the rarity of others.

I hope this isn't too rambling, but the gist is that I'd like to hear how you guys upgrade and manage your mod inventory.

(I'm sure there are some hardcore end gamers who only keep Gold mods with speed secondaries that are 10+...)
  • The only mods I keep without speed secondaries are triangles (because you don't get many of them) and crosses with effectivity or protection (because I don't find enough of them with speed secondaries). But my plan is to make a mod month to get the primaries I need with at least +8 speed for every arena char. There are plenty of non optimal combinations with speed secondaries (like +10 speed, but defence primary or health circle) for my non arena toons.
  • Mod upgrade cost is relatively cheap down in the level 1-9 range; so I don't hesitate to upgrade any promising-looking mod to 9. Then I think about the results, and see if it's worth going to level 12.

The first mods I invested up to level 15, were 5* speed primary arrows & 5* crit dmg triangles. I kept the majority of my mods at level 12 for the longest time and this saved me a ton of credits. With one or two rare exceptions, I sold off all mods 3* or lower.

Numerically, the most powerful mod secondaries on a per-unit basis seem to be speed, health, protection, and offense (+number, not +%). Then crit chance/potency/tenacity in special circumstances. (Crit is a great thing until crit immunity mechanics start showing up all over your endgame arena shard (e.g. Zaul, GK, ShT)).

See the mods tab of this spreadsheet for max secondary gains, per roll of that stat.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7fRR1taw83uBzsh5Ss9LDNqHXplvDK4cHZ6pBQ4jns/edit#gid=581923737

See the min_value column here for the minimum secondary gains, per roll of that stat:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/553l7k/min_and_max_secondary_stats_on_5_star_mods/

The weightings in the first spreadsheet are somewhat subjective so you'll probably want to develop your own sense of relative stat worth. e.g. What's worth more to you, 800 extra protection or 50 extra offense? Then, knowing the ranges of the stats that can be rolled, you can begin to estimate whether a specific mod's stat set is average / good / excellent.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    I kept some mods type E for all set mods if I had not enough mod to compele a set mod.When i have lots of higher mods, i sell all mod type E.

If i have a mk5 mod having speed at secondary attribute, I will upgrade it at max lev that can improve secondary attribute. ( type A can upgrade to lev 12,type B to lev 9....).

I keep all mod type D,C,B,A with some good flat protection,health, low speed. They can be used for low gear toons for GW.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    I also keep mods for tanks without speed. Other than this, there are some mods without speed that are so good I'd keep them (eg. CD set, offense primary cross with Offense, Health, Protection (each nominal value), high CC).
  • I have a new account, so I won't get a free Nihilus. So, it seems like I'll have to choose between spending crystals on Nihilus or Baze if I want either. Which would be better while leveling to 85? Which is better at end game?

(for reference, my team: https://swgoh.gg/u/wizardalaskatime/) I have Rex as starting character and I'm farming up scoundrels/rebels.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Baze is cheaper (50) than DN (80 crystals) per shard. Wiggs Chaze is also great in GW. I'd get Baze first. 3* DN is also not that expensive so maybe you can afford both later.
  • so it's better to get those shards than gear from shipments?
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    so it's better to get those shards than gear from shipments?

Shipment is needed for rare gear if you have crystals.
    Buy shards or gears: it depends on your team. If you already have a good team in arena, you can spend crystals for some rare geat. If not, your work is harder, you have to buy shard for good toons such as Baze to cooperate with Chirut( farm in fleet store), or DN and buy some rare gears.
  • so it's better to get those shards than gear from shipments?

Just double checking, but you've played through this game before already, right? Because the full answer to "Should I spend my gems on character shards or equipment?" for a new account, is "Neither. Spend it on energy refreshes."
  • Wedge, Biggs, Boba, Lando, STHan, Chirrut... all of them need MK5 raid gear on gear 8. With or without Chaze, there is a rancor bottleneck where you will need crystals for gear. So you either place top 5 constantly, make a different team when you are in the 60s or you will fall behind.
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    If anyone is interested in the Ewok event I beat tier 1 with a somewhat "low" level team.

EP Lvl 77 G8 (L), Vader Lvl 80 G8, TFP Lvl 80 G8, Tarkin Lvl 75 (G7), Snowtrooper 4-star Lvl 75 (G7)

I have been farming Empire in the hopes of getting R2 when he returns. I had been using RG but everyone on reddit said to try Snowtrooper instead and he was the ticket to victory.

I had Snowtrooper from bronziums, and enough gear to get him up to Gear 7. I also have 13m from a recent $10m payout in the loot event. I also had enough purple mats to get his abilities to 5, 7, 7.

Vader & TFP had lvl15 mods because they are pilots and I was able to piece together sets (L12 minimum, 3-5 speeds when possible) for everyone else without having to de-mod my arena team.

Anyway, not really saying the event is worth the expense, but just wanted to let some people who might be in the same boat I was with regard to characters that it's not as impossible as it might seem.

I'm able to get to the final ewok in Tier 2, but can't finish that tier yet with this team. It is close though...
  • ROKNZJ wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the Ewok event I beat tier 1 with a somewhat "low" level team.

EP Lvl 77 G8 (L), Vader Lvl 80 G8, TFP Lvl 80 G8, Tarkin Lvl 75 (G7), Snowtrooper 4-star Lvl 75 (G7)

I have been farming Empire in the hopes of getting R2 when he returns. I had been using RG but everyone on reddit said to try Snowtrooper instead and he was the ticket to victory.

I had Snowtrooper from bronziums, and enough gear to get him up to Gear 7. I also have 13m from a recent $10m payout in the loot event. I also had enough purple mats to get his abilities to 5, 7, 7.

Vader & TFP had lvl15 mods because they are pilots and I was able to piece together sets (L12 minimum, 3-5 speeds when possible) for everyone else without having to de-mod my arena team.

Anyway, not really saying the event is worth the expense, but just wanted to let some people who might be in the same boat I was with regard to characters that it's not as impossible as it might seem.

I'm able to get to the final ewok in Tier 2, but can't finish that tier yet with this team. It is close though...

Interesting! Thanks for sharing, I've been using the standard empire squad (including RG) all level 80 g8 and no luck beating tier 1.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    I used EP(L) Vader TFP Tarkin RG, all lev 85, G8, mod mk5 (at least lev12) to beat tier 1 and can not pass stage 8/8 tier 2 Ewok event.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    I used EP (g10, 218 speed), TFP g10, Vader g9, IG88 g8, R2Z2 g10, Bonus level was no problem. In the second run I used RG instead of Vader but it's better to have many AoE (TFP, EP, Vader, IG88) so you instakill the hard hitting ewok scouts.
  • Apotheosis: Yeah, but I'm still running a slight surplus of crystals even with 3/3 refreshes.

My squad is performing well in most fights, but I am noticing that when I battle teams with Nihilus, my Stormtrooper Han has minimal value because Nihilus just dispels his taunt. Is there a good alternate strategy against Nihilus teams? Do I just need to wait and unlock Sun Fac or a better tank or something? Obviously GK would be ideal but I'm a ways from it for now: https://swgoh.gg/u/wizardalaskatime/
  • Apotheosis: Yeah, but I'm still running a slight surplus of crystals even with 3/3 refreshes.

My squad is performing well in most fights, but I am noticing that when I battle teams with Nihilus, my Stormtrooper Han has minimal value because Nihilus just dispels his taunt. Is there a good alternate strategy against Nihilus teams? Do I just need to wait and unlock Sun Fac or a better tank or something? Obviously GK would be ideal but I'm a ways from it for now: https://swgoh.gg/u/wizardalaskatime/

Wow, holding top 5 arena right from the starting line. Good for you. I'm very jealous I could never manage that on any of my startup accounts. :pensive:

Maybe do the math and estimate how long it would take to unlock Chirrut & Baze. Or DN. Either option would give you a significant advantage over most teams in the early game.
  • Just to add, I 3* all 3 tiers of the ewok event with thrawn lead, ep, RG, tfp and Tarkin. All toons lv 85, thrawn gear 11, tarkin gear 9 and the rest gear 10. Fracture on ee works really well.
  • Reytuag
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Raw wrote: »
    - Aim to have 5 Empire toons at 7* for the R2D2 event (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP).

I have Savage Opress and I would like to up him to end up with a Dark Side team composed of Maul/Opress/Emperor/DN/Sith Assassin.

Should I still up EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP or can I skip one of them to up Savage Opress ? And after I finished your guide, how do I switch to the Dark Side team I want ?

• I could use some advice from Raw or anyone else as to where I go from my current spot. I recently moved toward the second highest ranking meta team in the game (Wiggs, Chaze and R2D2), and it's improved my arena ranking to top 20. If I'm fortunate, I can sneak inside the top 10. All characters are G11 with the exception of R2, and he's G10, zeta on number crunch and 4/6 towards G11. You can see my profile below:

https://swgoh.gg/u/heldmacm/

Currently, I've been working towards getting R2 to G11 and getting Chirrut the last two pieces he needs at G11 to finish him up. I didn't plan to finish G11 pieces for Biggs, Wedge and Baze until if and when I have a surplus of gear. I'll soon have GK (I'm at 108/145), but since I chose to focus on gearing Chaze, it came at the expense of GK. Given that, where do you suggest I go from here? Should I continue gearing R2, Chirrut and maybe even the others on my current arena team, or should I immediately begin saving gear for the massive amount GK will take? When I do gear GK, who does he even replace from my current team, or do I not use him until I have others, such as Nihilus and Rex geared beyond where they're currently at (G8)? Zeta wise, R2's number crunch is the only one I've used, and I'm sitting at 30 mats that I'll hold until there's an obvious use. Anyway, any suggestions you have on where I go from my current spot would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • @Reytuag Vader, TFP and Tarkin are also good for ships and Rancor (if you put a zeta on Vader). RG is not needed.

@heldmacm: You can choose if you want Rex, DN, R2, Chaze or Rex, R2, Chaze, GK as a new team. But Rex, DN, R2, Trawn, GK is even stronger. Rex and Nihilus are easy to gear, GK and Trawn a lot harder. Chaze is not even meta anymore, its DN, GK, Trawn +2.
  • Hmm, more whales have joined my shard and I am having trouble staying in the top 5. I struggle the most against Nihilus teams; he dispels my Han taunt and my whole plan falls apart. What's the best counter to Nihilus? Should I move towards double tank faster?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Reytuag wrote: »
    Raw wrote: »
    - Aim to have 5 Empire toons at 7* for the R2D2 event (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP).

I have Savage Opress and I would like to up him to end up with a Dark Side team composed of Maul/Opress/Emperor/DN/Sith Assassin.

Should I still up EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP or can I skip one of them to up Savage Opress ? And after I finished your guide, how do I switch to the Dark Side team I want ?

You need five empire toons for the R2D2 events and the potency mod challenge. Savage is only a sith, not empire.

Neither Maul, Savage, DN or SA are in my guide so these are "extra" farms. In my arena I see no dark side teams without Thrawn, mostly EP or Zader leads. The best Zauls are rank 40. If you are f2p I'd rather suggest a light side team.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    heldmacm wrote: »
    I could use some advice from Raw or anyone else as to where I go from my current spot. I recently moved toward the second highest ranking meta team in the game (Wiggs, Chaze and R2D2), and it's improved my arena ranking to top 20. If I'm fortunate, I can sneak inside the top 10. All characters are G11 with the exception of R2, and he's G10, zeta on number crunch and 4/6 towards G11. You can see my profile below:

https://swgoh.gg/u/heldmacm/

Currently, I've been working towards getting R2 to G11 and getting Chirrut the last two pieces he needs at G11 to finish him up. I didn't plan to finish G11 pieces for Biggs, Wedge and Baze until if and when I have a surplus of gear. I'll soon have GK (I'm at 108/145), but since I chose to focus on gearing Chaze, it came at the expense of GK. Given that, where do you suggest I go from here? Should I continue gearing R2, Chirrut and maybe even the others on my current arena team, or should I immediately begin saving gear for the massive amount GK will take? When I do gear GK, who does he even replace from my current team, or do I not use him until I have others, such as Nihilus and Rex geared beyond where they're currently at (G8)? Zeta wise, R2's number crunch is the only one I've used, and I'm sitting at 30 mats that I'll hold until there's an obvious use. Anyway, any suggestions you have on where I go from my current spot would be appreciated. Thanks!

We have too payers in our arena that are hard to beat, both using a double zeta R2D2 Wiggs Chaze so I suggest you give R2D2 the second zeta. Also both of these players have their chars totally maxed out. I'd also suggest that. These players never change to any other setup although they have like 70+ g11 chars.

Furthermore I'd suggest to gear Rex and DN next, which gives you the possibility to play
    Rex · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus · R2-D2
    (currently #4 in the meta report).

Only after this I'd start with GK, so you can play 3xc (Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus), which is still good against Thrawn lead e.g.