Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    To your last question, my GS is 5 stars and I don't use him in arena, only in GW. I also don't use him as a pilot anymore since I have Slave and Scimitar. But he will be needed as 5th dark side pilot and when ackbar has 5 stars, as reinforcement.
    However Wedge I need in Arena, so get him first.

The long farm ships (Slave, scimitar) are actually not that slow. I have Slave ready and soon scimitar 4*, but with lvl 77 the pilots seem to be too low level. @Doitsuyama posted his setup, he used pilots with more than lvl 80.

So yes, the dark side ships can be SF, GS, TFP, Slave, Scimitar.

My light side ships will be Wedge Biggs Ahsoka JC and either Rex and/or Clone Sgt + my lvl1 Bistans.

I currently farm both Rex's ship in fleet store and CS ARC in GW. Both slow farms but I will need like 10-15 mio credits for my pilots (some are still lvl 60) and lvl 80, and this will take some time, too...
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I've been following this guide verbatim and it has helped me a lot. However, I was lucky to pull a Mace from a bronzium before unlocking him by the fleet quests, and as a result Mace is already at 5*s. My impression is that Mace's ship is more powerfull than Ackbars, what would you think of gearing/leveling him first instead of ackbar? I wouldn't use him at all except as a pilot, while Ackbar does have some utility against debuff teams in GW and arena.

Also, Lando is 7* and I don't have 5 5*s characters (got biggs, bobba, StHan at 6 and Lando and at 7, well Mace is at 5 but he is not leveled or geared so far) for the tier 3 health mod challenge. Should I farm JC instead of GS (JC is 4*s halfway to 5 from hard node farms and bronziums) so I can 3-star the challenge? Both are usefull as pilots.
    Post edited by Koresh on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You should not judge Ackbar too early. Pull Scimitar out of the reinforcements and laugh about the counterattacks totally wrecking the enemy while your ship keeps getting protection up. So much fun!

(Who would be your 5th rebel for the EP Event in March?)

Mace seems to be better with more republican ships, so does Rex. If you go Mace, you would probably change you setup accordingly. One guy in my guild uses a clone team, that is three strong republican pilots. But we have Wiggs instead, and rebels synergise with Ackbar.

JC in cantina?. Cantina energy is valuable because some toons can only be farmed there. Think of Wedge, TFP, Aayla, B2 and GS, while JC has hard nodes too.
    But if you just need some quick 30 shards, not much is lost. On the long run, bronzium pulls will also provide you with a couple of JC shards.

Post edited by Raw on
  • Yeah I can place 2nd consistently in arena so saving shards isn't an issue it's just hard to not spend them on energy refreshes, but seeing is there are 120 purple mats in the furnaces it seems like it is way more efficient to save crystals to buy them.

Ashoka has been a life saver too so thanks for that suggestion. Ship Arena is much more competitive for me but I don't mind just shooting for top 10, the benefits of 1-5th place don't seem that much better like they are in normal arena. Crystals are so much more important than ship coins.

Do you plan to 7* Ashoka? TFP seems like a good idea for ships because you can use him later on with an emperor dark side arena team.

Also some people are using extra crystals to 'buy' shoretrooper, think that is a valid strategy?

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Malicious wrote: »
    Yeah I can place 2nd consistently in arena so saving shards isn't an issue it's just hard to not spend them on energy refreshes, but seeing is there are 120 purple mats in the furnaces it seems like it is way more efficient to save crystals to buy them.

Depends also on you raid luck. I got one full Mk5-Furnace from a raid, so I only bought one for 1400 crystals. And the third one I will fill up from the shard shop.
    Ashoka has been a life saver too so thanks for that suggestion. Ship Arena is much more competitive for me but I don't mind just shooting for top 10, the benefits of 1-5th place don't seem that much better like they are in normal arena. Crystals are so much more important than ship coins.

Same for me, I have some real whales in the ship arena who have 7* Slave and all ships lvl 79, while I am only lvl 77.
    Do you plan to 7* Ashoka?

My Ahsoka is 7* since a long time. I already have a 6* QGJ.

TFP seems like a good idea for ships because you can use him later on with an emperor dark side arena team.

My TFP is 4* atm. He may be good but I hestitate a bit to spend all that cantina energy on him. Also I have a 7* Maul soon so maybe I'll go zeta Maul, zeta Vader, EP + two others. Not too sure here...

Mods are also important. Some guy came up in the arena with a 22 speed secondary - wow. That really gives you a huge advantage. So I spend about half my cantina energy in mods, some other to speed up my expensive JKA farm. I will see if it was a mistake and I need TFP more. TFP is for sure a versatile char, but an expensive one.
    Also some people are using extra crystals to 'buy' shoretrooper, think that is a valid strategy?
    I don't know. In my arena nobody uses him.
    With me being lvl 77 and my arena team is gear IX, I have 2 more levels until I can (and should) bring Wedge and Boba to gear X, and STH, Biggs, Lando at lvl80. I am on a good way to do this but I need a lot of ressources. I even need to buy stun pistols in fleet store. Maybe I need more crystals for the gears, so I'd rather safe some than spending on expensive shards. And that shore won't gear for free.

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah I can place 2nd consistently in arena so saving shards isn't an issue it's just hard to not spend them on energy refreshes, but seeing is there are 120 purple mats in the furnaces it seems like it is way more efficient to save crystals to buy them.
    True, but like I noted before - it's pointless to have 2-3 furnaces lying around if you need mk5 stun guns or mk7 security scanner. Leveling up is such a grind after 70lvl, that you can get those 1,4k crystals in few days if you rank high enough. Just use crystals on what's needed atm.
    Last statement is true. However one doesn't exclude the other and you usualy use at least a few units in both arenas. You can easily get extra 600 tokens ranking in top5 in 2 days, thats 5 stun cuffs, which is roughly worth around 200 crystals (2x 100 crystals refills), with standard 20% drop rate. Most ppl forget that there is smth of equal value in those prizes - ship building materials. You can jump from 112k to 200k, which is a significant boost. I place constantly in top5 or higher and am lacking a crapton of those. W/o them you can forget 3* challenges. When it comes to ship strength it's ship lvl>unit gear>=unit lvl>ship rarity=unit rarity (although higher rarity nets more significant power boost).
    Do you plan to 7* Ashoka? TFP seems like a good idea for ships because you can use him later on with an emperor dark side arena team.
    Overall, Ahsoka is much more important to 7* first than TFP. She is needed for defence mod challenges and Master Yoda event as well as ship arena (only dispeller). TFP needs other empire units to maximize his potential, but is mich more useful in arena than Ahsoka. He shines with Vader ship, but isn't as good with other casts, but still decent (using his ship, even though he's only 2* now).
    Can go both ways.. I wouldn't buy those being a f2p user. RB can be decent in that regard as well and probably we'll get ShT in a node before we hit 85lvl. Those that can afford to spend crystals on him in shipments usually have pimped up teams in arena as well, so getting him won't help you win against them. A thing to consider for sure, but I wouldn't go for it. Idk when was ShT introduced, but Dev's wrote in forum (couple of days ago) that they put premium units in nodes roughly 3 months after they were let out.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    wawrzon wrote: »
    RB can be decent in that regard as well and probably we'll get ShT in a node before we hit 85lvl. Those that can afford to spend crystals on him in shipments usually have pimped up teams in arena as well, so getting him won't help you win against them. A thing to consider for sure, but I wouldn't go for it. Idk when was ShT introduced, but Dev's wrote in forum (couple of days ago) that they put premium units in nodes roughly 3 months after they were let out.

RB? Do you mean Royal Guard?

Here is the source for the 6+6 week rule:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence

"either a Shipment or a node on the Light, Dark, or Cantina Battle tables"
    So may also be fleet/guild store (or even crystal?) shipments.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member

On my rank#4 there actually is one with a 3* shore now!
    Since I have 2 fights left and currently rank#2 I will battle him for you.

My setup will be
    Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, StH, Boba.

His: EP (6*), TFP (6*), Shore (3*), Vader (6*), RG (5*).

0. His Shore taunts.
    1. His TFP goes first.
    2. My Wiggs almost kills Shore
    3. My Boba (basic) kills Shore
    4. His RG is on taunt, too. I taunt with STH
    5. I AoE with Wedge
    6. I AoE with Lando
    7. His EP goes AoE and I suffer several debuffs
    8. I execute (!) RG
    9. I kill EP, Vader, TFP ez

So that was too easy. Stats of his shore are only 15k life and 11k protection. His RG: 15k Life, 11k Protection.
    Quite low, I've seen one with 35k protection already.

• RB? Do you mean Royal Guard?
    My bad, RG.
    So may also be fleet/guild store (or even crystal?) shipments.
    I think crystal shipments are out of it. Like Malicious wrote he's already in crystal shipments. So those shipments Dev mentioned in that post applies to in game currency shipments.
    Quite low, I've seen one with 35k protection already.
    Actually my top10 opponents use 3* ShT, 4 of them do. But everyone has around 35-40k hp/prot pool so much harder to maul him down, considering my levels are lower.Pairing him with STH prevents me from doing considerate damage before AI recovers, so it's not a bad stragtegy. But as stated above, it will be available in game soon, so I wouldn't bother with him now unless you already run an empire team and need a tank.
  • Yeah I agree with all that has been said here, since he is in a node now might as well wait, lol I don't even have emperor or TFP yet so it's not priority.

I'm just lucky that I only have one smart/really rich whale. I have been starting to beat the other big whale who is in second place, he has bazerut so that has been exiting to finally beat that combo. Fast Biggs/STH is so key. Keep farming those 5 dot health mods!!

22 speed secondary!?!?!?!?!?!? That isn't right.... that is More than most of my arrow speed mods!!!
  • Once you reach the point that Lando is 7* and you can't farm 5* health mods yet, you recomend that we farm GS. Wouldn't farming TFP work just as well, or is GS's ship better? Seems like TFP as a toon has a better kit.

Sorry for the noob questions.

I have both at T7 gear, but both are still at 2 stars (haven't reached lvl 60 to enter ship arena yet)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You might be right with TFP.
    However that 'call an assist' of GS is cool if the other 4 are strong. Helps in GW and Fleet, and Health mod challenge.

TFP is more expensive to gear first hand, that was why he did not get the 2nd priority.

Both ships are good. GS for calling assists, TFP for target locks.

I'd say try TFP since you have already spent this gear VII on him, tell me how it worked!

I can just say with my 5*GS I 3-starred the health mod challenge at first try. With TFP I think it would not have worked...
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I need a good strategy to deal with the wiggs and chaze battle. I run Lando (L), Wiggs, STH, and Boba. I use Lando as the lead so Boba can dispell the taunt. Then I would Biggs to take out either Wedge or Chirrut, but sometimes Chirrut doesn't die and I'm screwed. If I take out Wigg 1st then, Baze taunts and it's hard with Chirrut's heal abilities.

If I lead with Wedge, then their Boba is faster and uses the ability block on me

Any advice would be very well received
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yesterday I fought a few times against Chaze.

My Biggs goes first and removes Baze's protection. My Boba is next but if I execute now, I lose.

So the key was for me to safe the execute and hit my ability block. Then come my AOE (Lando, Wedge).
    Next round, Baze had so many buffs that my execute kills him (35k dmg!)

One time even the second round of Biggs killed Baze already, so I executed Chirrut.

I also lost one fight because that execute missed. That problem will only be solved with the omega (lvl 84).

So fighting Chaze is all about timing and landing your execute.
  • Short advice to recent discussions. Yes, farm TFP. And yes, buy (or rather save crystals for) Shore, even at 3* he is viable. Gear is much more important than stars for tanks, at g11 and modded Shore can have 90k h+p. Great f2p squads to aim long term (definitely better than Wiggs squads) are Zader, Palp, TFP, Boba, Shore or Zaul, Vader, Palp, Boba, Shore. Actually, those are pretty much meta along with some Jyn Chaze squads and zQGJ Kenobi squads. Another thing, you may zeta both Vader and Maul, but only one can work as both are leader abilities.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Short advice to recent discussions. Yes, farm TFP. And yes, buy (or rather save crystals for) Shore, even at 3* he is viable. Gear is much more important than stars for tanks, at g11 and modded Shore can have 90k h+p. Great f2p squads to aim long term (definitely better than Wiggs squads) are Zader, Palp, TFP, Boba, Shore or Zaul, Vader, Palp, Boba, Shore. Actually, those are pretty much meta along with some Jyn Chaze squads and zQGJ Kenobi squads. Another thing, you may zeta both Vader and Maul, but only one can work as both are leader abilities.

Thank you!
    What about RG? Better a 3* Shore than a 6-7* RG?

(8 shards cost 640, so a 3* Shore would be 4k crystals.)
    Post edited by Raw on
  • Any advice would be very well received
    Execute is a no-go on first round. Key to winning is Boba ability block - you need to get block on chirrut and at least one of Baze/Biggs. Otherwise it will be almost impossible to win, unless you're faster than him. Key for first round is to fire all aoe skills so your sth fuels other TM's before Baze dispells it. He is a sacrificial pawn, nothing more. You execute in second round, be it wedge, chirrut or baze.
    Once you reach the point that Lando is 7* and you can't farm 5* health mods yet, you recomend that we farm GS. Wouldn't farming TFP work just as well, or is GS's ship better? Seems like TFP as a toon has a better kit.
    TFP is a better overall unit, but needs debuffng allies to work best. GS is a stand alone unit that can be plugged in anywhere. His ship synergises well with Ackbar and Sun Fac ship. Both will be needed in the end, because you do need 5 dark side ships at 4* for ship challenges (higher tiers in the future as well). Overall TFP ship is squisher so unless you have some tanks to protect him, he won't do as well in arena from the start. I have him in my squad, even on 2* pilot, but I run Sun Fac and Biggs beside him. GS is my MVP atm, because he assists and crits a lot.
    Great f2p squads to aim long term (definitely better than Wiggs squads) are Zader, Palp, TFP, Boba, Shore or Zaul, Vader, Palp, Boba, Shore.
    You do need a 7* rebel team to get to this point anyway, so Wiggs teams have to be farmed anyway since those teams are crippled w/o Palp.
    Actually, those are pretty much meta
    Yes and no. Can't say that smth is meta if it has a hard counter and Rex can be considered that, but only if fully geared for speed. Having said all that - empire teams will be a staple in the future. However a team of Rex(L), Boba, Sun Fac, Lando, JKA is a very nice counter to empire teams.
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    Great f2p squads to aim long term (definitely better than Wiggs squads) are Zader, Palp, TFP, Boba, Shore or Zaul, Vader, Palp, Boba, Shore.
    You do need a 7* rebel team to get to this point anyway, so Wiggs teams have to be farmed anyway since those teams are crippled w/o Palp.
    Actually, those are pretty much meta
    Yes and no. Can't say that smth is meta if it has a hard counter and Rex can be considered that, but only if fully geared for speed. Having said all that - empire teams will be a staple in the future. However a team of Rex(L), Boba, Sun Fac, Lando, JKA is a very nice counter to empire teams.
    Of course Wiggs is the "starter squad", I said long term. Get Wiggs to aquire Palp and be good in Fleet arena. GS and TFP both are important for ships as well, and yes, TFP is awesome along with Vader, Palp and Boba, he needs the debuffs to increase damage and foresight chance.
    Problem with Rex is, he is just too slow. At 140 base there is just no way to make him faster than TFP and even Boba is faster at 147. With Zaul lead all Sith gain 20% TM at the start, so even Palp is quite easily faster then. This team is not something I would have problems with.
  • Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Problem with Rex is, he is just too slow. At 140 base there is just no way to make him faster than TFP and even Boba is faster at 147. With Zaul lead all Sith gain 20% TM at the start, so even Palp is quite easily faster then. This team is not something I would have problems with.
    Just gave an example of a team that can make it to top3 on a competitive shard with empire teams roaming around. It's not a great team for defence, grant that, especially since AI isn't as bright in applying tactic into a fight. However that team can handle empire teams as well as they handle my team.
    I gave a rough idea based on arena bracket. You can easily put in your own (fast) TFP instead of Lando or JKA if you feel you loose on speed against Zader squads.
    Against Zaul - you just need to soak up initial burst, but it's not as problematic since Boba ability block and Palp stun are applied before you act so they disappear on the same turn. RG can be put in squad if you feel you need extra survivability.
    Granted - empire teams are very consistent, but certainly not unbeatable.
  • "Meta" doesn't mean unbeatable at all. No team is unbeatable. It means a team which can beat all other teams on offense.
  • In Step 8, you farm GS until you can activate him, which gives you a 4* GS. But I don't see anywhere later in the guide where you farm him up to 7*. Are you supposed to just leave him at 4*? I was planning to farm 5-dot health mods until level 69, when I switch to farming Wedge. So that doesn't leave any time to return to the Cantina Battles to farm more GS shards.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    In Step 8, you farm GS until you can activate him, which gives you a 4* GS. But I don't see anywhere later in the guide where you farm him up to 7*. Are you supposed to just leave him at 4*? I was planning to farm 5-dot health mods until level 69, when I switch to farming Wedge. So that doesn't leave any time to return to the Cantina Battles to farm more GS shards.

In your case that you managed the health mod challenge without GS, you can leave him 4*.
    (See step 9).
    Who was your 5th 5*-character then?

In my case, I used a 5*GS for the health mod challenge and he still is 5*.
    Currently I farm TFP in cantina.

GS is still an important part in my GW, which is quite hard if the opponent also has Wiggs.

• GS eventually will be 7* anyway - all my pilots are 7* now, even Poe and all three big ship commanders... only exceptions are Maul and Sun Fac, both 6* and getting farmed in guild store to 7* (I don't really count Bistan and Scarif). Actually, at gear 10 I inserted Maul into reserves now, yanking Wedge (someone had to go...), under Ackbar he is great coming in after Biggs dies, providing a new extra strong taunt. Sun Fac is really bad along Maul as he breaks this taunt and you can go after him, I am farming him not really as pilot, but as a good tank against Chaze squads.
    Maybe you can try to make the Fleet squad without GS, but you will need him strong for the Zeta challenge.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    My Sun Fac's ship usually gets killed before Biggs and I replace Sun Fac's position with Scimitar then.
    My SF is 70/100 and Maul 90/100, so I prioritized them more than you.

With what special do you start you Ackbar's fight?
  • Raw wrote: »
    Who was your 5th 5*-character then?

It was JC.
  • Specials? From Ackbar's ship? Nothing in particular, I do aoe only if two are buffed, heal if Biggs taunts. Start pretty much always with basic.
    I have TIE Advanced at 4*, this practically guarantees a Biggs taunt. Sun Fac is very bad along Scimitar, so he doesn't have a place for me. (Biggs, JC, Vader, TFP, GS with Boba, Maul and Ahsoka in reserve)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Okay thx. I don't have Vader so I currently experiment with taking Ackbar's heal first, to get a taunt afterwards (offensive use).
  • Started fresh and now hoarding energy, just pulled Fives from a bronzium will he be any good in the very beginning?
  • I have 3k in crystals, I am level 73 and have a team of Wiggs, STH, Boba, Lando and place in top 5 in arena. So I spend crystals on the Vader ship, 2 Syringes (needed for multiple players), or start to get Shoretrooper?

Also, so I gear my STH or Lando to gear 9 first?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    I have no experience with low lvl Fives, but I would give it a try. I can imagine he will do good, although I see no really synergies. But you should rather not farm him in cantina store right now, Boba first.