Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I have 3k in crystals, I am level 73 and have a team of Wiggs, STH, Boba, Lando and place in top 5 in arena. So I spend crystals on the Vader ship, 2 Syringes (needed for multiple players), or start to get Shoretrooper?

Also, so I gear my STH or Lando to gear 9 first?

Vader's ship? it is only a 50:50 chance. And once you have it it will stay 4* forever and the rest of your fleet will improve to 7*... I am also tempted by it but not sure.

These syringes come in the challenges I think with lvl 74. I am lvl 77 now and have no more shortage of them. Maybe ask your guild members if they can give you some before that. 1400 is too expensive. Rather buy these MK5 furnaces if needed, they have a syringe 'inside'.

I don't think shoretrooper is worth 4K for a 3* unit.

Did you see the excel list what gear is worth buying where? Posted it some days before, very useful.

I geared Lando before STH.
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for you thoughts. I didn't see the excel so I'll look through the posts to find it.

What should I do with y crystals? I already do 2*cantina and normal energy per day....

I was thinking of trying my luck for a chromium x8 pack to try my luck as I can't buy 5* mod in the store yet (haven't passed the Jedi one)
  • Just bought the mk5 furnace for Lando...thanks for the heads up!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    For the 5* mods in shipments, don't buy them with gems. They cost like 4K crystals. I always try to have 4mio credits to be able to buy one that I need.

If you consider that getting lvl74 earlier gives you early access to the syringe challenge and others, maybe invest in more energy. For 120 energy you should get ~3 shards, that would also be worth 100 crystals maybe.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I have 3k in crystals, I am level 73 and have a team of Wiggs, STH, Boba, Lando and place in top 5 in arena. So I spend crystals on the Vader ship, 2 Syringes (needed for multiple players), or start to get Shoretrooper?

Also, so I gear my STH or Lando to gear 9 first?
    Let's get back to some basic since many probably ignore this fact. After 72lvl (73?) for each level up you need 1,1k xp more than the previous lvl. You gain roughly 2,1k xp daily (quests and 2+2 refills). So you will level up each 3-4 days and +1 day each 2 lvl's from now on.
    Why do I bring this up ? There is absolutelly no need to speed up gearing your units if you're level capped. To break next gear tier you'll need to be 79-80lvl and that will take a long time.
    You can get 3x 15-20 syringes weekly from challenges + any you request from guild or buy in fleet shipments. You need a lot of them, but you will get a lot of them as well. To sum it up:
    - Vader ship - if you're a gambler go for it, but since tournaments are banned, even if you get a 4* TIE Advanced you will be stuck with it
    - syringes - a no-go, 1. MK5 furnace, 2. MK3 Holo projector, 3. Any gear you actually lack to progress: Nubian sensors or stun guns come to mind
    - if you like to blow your crystals then be my guest - Shoretrooper alone gives you nothing. It will give you an edge if you have powerfull units behind him - modded and geared. Otherwise it's a waste. You can spend your crystals more efficiently elsewhere.
    I would gear STH first, but it's a matter of preference. Gear9 STH can withstand Wiggs assist, gear8 STH will die. He is basically your lifeline in arena. Lando DD is great, but can be deadly against Wiggs teams with Wedge lead. I usually avoid using DD against them unless Biggs is ability blocked or has almost full TM bar.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    I did some changes in the OP:
    Removed the part about ally coins for tourneys and added a block "Zeta Challenge":

Zeta Challenge: (hard, probably need lvl 80+ but start preparing earlier):
    Aim for a 5th light side ship for 5* Home1-challenge (Ackbar's capital ship)
    - If you choose Rex, begin to farm his ship ealier, it is a slow farm. Farm Rex in guild store.
    - If you choose Clone Sgt P1, occasionally farm his shards in hard nodes.
    - you can also use both (2 reinforcements allowed)
    Aim for a 5th dark side ship:
    - Farm TFP's ship for the 5th dark side
    Aim for 8x 5* ships (Biggs, Wedge, JC, Ahsoka, Sun Fac, GS, Slave 1, Scimitar; TFP if your Slave/Scimitar farms are too slow and you think you can finish the challenge earlier)
    - Farm Tarkin in Arena Store after IG88 is maxed.
  • Doitsuyama
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    wawrzon wrote: »
    - if you like to blow your crystals then be my guest - Shoretrooper alone gives you nothing. It will give you an edge if you have powerfull units behind him - modded and geared. Otherwise it's a waste. You can spend your crystals more efficiently elsewhere.
    I fully agree with everything you said except this. After getting Palp with your rebels (like everybody else in your shard) and getting Vader to 6* / 7*, you will realize that Palp, Vader, TFP, Boba and a tank destroy Wiggs. Even worse with Zeta Vader as lead. Without Rogue 1 toons Wiggs are not playable for top ranks then. The best tank here is Shore because of his auto-taunt, and he is very playable at 3*. My Shore is now 4* gear 10 (just got it done yesterday) and has 68k hp. I am working on gear 11 now, tanks need only gear levels and protection mods as protection is totally independent of stars. So buy furnaces and Shore shards with your surplus crystals.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I fully agree with everything you said except this. After getting Palp with your rebels (like everybody else in your shard) and getting Vader to 6* / 7*, you will realize that Palp, Vader, TFP, Boba and a tank destroy Wiggs. Even worse with Zeta Vader as lead. Without Rogue 1 toons Wiggs are not playable for top ranks then. The best tank here is Shore because of his auto-taunt, and he is very playable at 3*. My Shore is now 4* gear 10 (just got it done yesterday) and has 68k hp. I am working on gear 11 now, tanks need only gear levels and protection mods as protection is totally independent of stars. So buy furnaces and Shore shards with your surplus crystals.

What about RG as a tank under Palp/Vader? Or that Sith-Trooper we just got for free?
    4000 crystals is a lot for F2P, and this guide is for F2P (while you mentioned you took the "Dolphin route"...).

I read today that someone mentioned he would use tenacy mod sets now. I wonder if these are preferable over health mods. With so many rebels, one should be able to 3-star the challenge.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I did mention that he's viable if you have powerful units behind him, but they need to be leveled and geared up. Being a f2p user you barely scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to credits. I have only my arena team leveled up. You just can't do 10 things simultanously, it's better to focus on 2-3 max.
    You already mentioned that it's best to have Palp, Vader, Boba, TFP first - to get Palp you need 5x 7* rebels (I recently got 5th). Vader shards are rare in fleet arena. TFP can be only farmed after Wedge is finished. To add insult to injury you need to gear and level them up + omega their skills.
    Getting ShT at around 73rd lvl as Deingesicht mentioned is counterproductive since he won't get any value out of him now.
    It can be significantly sped up if you're iOS user and got a starter Wedge.
    On a side note - Emperor event is rare, last time in december, now in march. Although your comments are right I fail to see much relevance to a starter guide, relying on rare and hard upgrade units like Palp or Vader. That is not what a starting player should aim for. Undergeared Empire team looses to a geared rebel team.

Edit: Doitsuyama- you started playing in July and have the right to your opinions and they're probably right from your perspective. We here started in december (or later on) - we can't or at least shouldn't skip any steps in gearing up multiple units. Guide is focused on maintaining at least a top5 daily arena rank to maximize crystal gain. I already lost far too many crystals going with QGJ and Phasma instead of Boba/Biggs in the begining. I won't make that mistake again. Peace out.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    The EP will not be rare anymore, it will change with Yoda every 2nd month.
  • Sorry for the noob question, but after you get Wedge, do you make him the leader instead of Lando?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Sorry for the noob question, but after you get Wedge, do you make him the leader instead of Lando?
    Somewhere in this thread it is already mentioned... Depends. You need boths leader abilities skilled.
    Sometimes you need the extra speed (look what you opponent has) and take Lando. If you don't need the extra speed and the fight will take longer (more rounds), you will need the heal and play Wedge lead.
    Generally speaking if the opponent uses a Lando lead, you will probably also need one. If the oppontent uses a Wedge lead, check his mods and compare the char's speed (mainly Biggs, STH, Boba) with yours. If you are faster, use Wedge (L), if he is faster, use Lando (L).
  • Wawrzon, idk if it is on purpose but your tone is a bit confrontational. Doitsuyama is the reason most of us have very competitive f2p accounts. I know he was instrumental to my success. Top 2 in arena consistently and I have QGJ and phasma to 6* I didn't find those farms to be a mistake.

Maybe your server Has far more whale activity but that is just the luck of the draw, I just don't want to see you trashing on his advice because of stuff that is in the past.

I would also like to hear doitsuyama's input on RG vs SHORE

• Sorry for the noob question, but after you get Wedge, do you make him the leader instead of Lando?

I wouldn't even use wedge in arena until he is 5-6* and gear 8-9 but definitely experiment with him.

Also what raw said about his lead is spot on.

• MagnificentWang
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    A sincere thanks to the OP for writing this guide; as a player completely new to this game, it's a relief to get such specific advice. I didn't do step 0, since I'm giving this game a test run first, to see if I like it enough to commit to playing it on a more serious basis.

I do have a couple of clarifying questions. I'm currently three days into this game, am at level 34, and have managed to float around in the 11-20 bracket in Arena using these default starter characters: Chewie (L), RG, Luke, Talia, and JC.

Q1: ST Han, Lando, and Boba Fett are actively being farmed, but at current shard earn rates, will probably take a few more days to unlock. Do I save my earned equipment and ability upgrades for them, and accept the temporary reduction in Arena performance from *not* spending these upgrades on my starter team? (Seems logical to not sink a bunch of upgrades into characters that will get swapped out soon, maybe?)

Q2: Do you have any specific recommendations for the way in which I should swap out the starter toons for the farmed ones? It appears that ST Han will be the first farmed toon to complete; followed by Lando, and finally Boba Fett. Do I simply drop them in as 1-for-1 replacments of RG, Luke, and Talia, respectively? Do I wait until they've been gear and/or ability upgraded to key levels?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • Wawrzon, idk if it is on purpose but your tone is a bit confrontational. Doitsuyama is the reason most of us have very competitive f2p accounts. I know he was instrumental to my success. Top 2 in arena consistently and I have QGJ and phasma to 6* I didn't find those farms to be a mistake.
    This is seriously getting boring already.
    I state my opinions clearly and firmly, be it criticism or praise. If someone doesn't agreee he's free to argue it. But having hard feelings just because someone doesn't agree with what others said is immature to say the least.
    I never said Doitsuyama's guide was wrong, I argued order in which to farm units and I stand by it. I'm happy that it worked for you, as probably it worked for most of those reading it. However it wasn't a universal guide, but thats a different topic.
    If you prefer I was more apologetic, humble or "politically correct" then I advise you - don't read my posts, because I hate acting all "fake".
    Maybe your server Has far more whale activity but that is just the luck of the draw, I just don't want to see you trashing on his advice because of stuff that is in the past.
    Raw's bracket has more whales, my just has a lot of active ppl that change squads frequently. If by trashing you mean arguing using examples and valid points then I'm guilty on this one. Sorry for having a different opinion on some topics.
    You're free to point out any inconsistency or baseless statement I wrote.
  • I'm just saying that it seems like you are the one with hard feelings and reject everything doit comments on.

If I am misreading your comment's tone then I apologize. I just don't see the point of negativity in here. This is a communal effort.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    A sincere thanks to the OP for writing this guide; as a player completely new to this game, it's a relief to get such specific advice.
    Welcome! Nice to hear that!
    Chewie (L), RG, Luke, Talia, and JC.

Q1: ST Han, Lando, and Boba Fett are actively being farmed, but at current shard earn rates, will probably take a few more days to unlock. Do I save my earned equipment and ability upgrades for them, and accept the temporary reduction in Arena performance from *not* spending these upgrades on my starter team? (Seems logical to not sink a bunch of upgrades into characters that will get swapped out soon, maybe?)

JC, Chewie and RG can be useful later, whereas Luke and Talia are normally not needed anymore. However, I used Talia for the challenges in which you need support characters. Mine is gear V.
    Q2: Do you have any specific recommendations for the way in which I should swap out the starter toons for the farmed ones? It appears that ST Han will be the first farmed toon to complete; followed by Lando, and finally Boba Fett. Do I simply drop them in as 1-for-1 replacments of RG, Luke, and Talia, respectively? Do I wait until they've been gear and/or ability upgraded to key levels?

You currently have two tanks already, and two healers. Talia is the worst toon of yours. If you replace Talia with STH, you'd have 3 tanks. That will be too much I think. Maybe really wait until STH is stronger and fill in Lando for Talia first. Chewie does not deal much dmg. I would then try to replace him with STH maybe. But this must be tested. Good luck!

• Q1: ST Han, Lando, and Boba Fett are actively being farmed, but at current shard earn rates, will probably take a few more days to unlock. Do I save my earned equipment and ability upgrades for them, and accept the temporary reduction in Arena performance from *not* spending these upgrades on my starter team? (Seems logical to not sink a bunch of upgrades into characters that will get swapped out soon, maybe?)
    True, but it's safe to invest in them till lvl 40-50 depending on needs. Up to gear lvl5-6. It isn't of any big consequence to do so. You will need units to run GW, so investing in those you have now is kinda mandatory anyway.
    STH is underwhelming on low levels, so in many cases he isn't the best unit to rely on. As Raw wrote - Chewie, RG, JC will be needed in the future so you can level and gear them up. Add units only if you level and gear them up. Talia and Luke should go first - sub with Lando and Boba. Then Chewie with STH. Sub RG whenever you get any attacker. I had almost similar path as you described here.
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    I did mention that he's viable if you have powerful units behind him, but they need to be leveled and geared up. Being a f2p user you barely scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to credits. I have only my arena team leveled up. You just can't do 10 things simultanously, it's better to focus on 2-3 max.
    You already mentioned that it's best to have Palp, Vader, Boba, TFP first - to get Palp you need 5x 7* rebels (I recently got 5th). Vader shards are rare in fleet arena. TFP can be only farmed after Wedge is finished. To add insult to injury you need to gear and level them up + omega their skills.
    Getting ShT at around 73rd lvl as Deingesicht mentioned is counterproductive since he won't get any value out of him now.
    It can be significantly sped up if you're iOS user and got a starter Wedge.
    On a side note - Emperor event is rare, last time in december, now in march. Although your comments are right I fail to see much relevance to a starter guide, relying on rare and hard upgrade units like Palp or Vader. That is not what a starting player should aim for. Undergeared Empire team looses to a geared rebel team.
    Of course you swap them in when they are geared and competitve, first Palp and Vader for STH and Lando. Emperor event is closer then you might think (and it's every two months now), I hoarded Mk 3 Thermals and Mk 5 Loronars two weeks before it started. Easy to farm, and Palp actually is overall easy to gear, Vader and TFP as well. Tanks are all hard to gear, Shore makes no exception. I never said to "have them first", on the contrary I said this will be the necessary next step after Wiggs.
    Edit: Doitsuyama- you started playing in July and have the right to your opinions and they're probably right from your perspective. We here started in december (or later on) - we can't or at least shouldn't skip any steps in gearing up multiple units. Guide is focused on maintaining at least a top5 daily arena rank to maximize crystal gain. I already lost far too many crystals going with QGJ and Phasma instead of Boba/Biggs in the begining. I won't make that mistake again. Peace out.
    The account my guide is based on (and which uses Shore) started end of September, the Palp event which started the transformation of the shard (not just my team) was three months later. It's actually similar to your situation which is why I wrote that.
    You mention the "mistake" of going too far for QGJ/Phasma before heading to your target squad of Boba/Biggs. Staying too long on this route before heading to the advanced lineup of Palp/Vader actually would be making the mistake again. I am just giving a fair warning - I geared Wiggs to gear 10 before stopping work on them, my STH still is gear 9.

• Doitsuyama wrote: »
    The account my guide is based on (and which uses Shore) started end of September, the Palp event which started the transformation of the shard (not just my team) was three months later. It's actually similar to your situation which is why I wrote that.
    You mention the "mistake" of going too far for QGJ/Phasma before heading to your target squad of Boba/Biggs. Staying too long on this route before heading to the advanced lineup of Palp/Vader actually would be making the mistake again. I am just giving a fair warning - I geared Wiggs to gear 10 before stopping work on them, my STH still is gear 9.

Still waiting to hear thoughts on Shore vs RG
  • Raw wrote: »
    What about RG as a tank under Palp/Vader? Or that Sith-Trooper we just got for free?
    4000 crystals is a lot for F2P, and this guide is for F2P (while you mentioned you took the "Dolphin route"...).

I read today that someone mentioned he would use tenacy mod sets now. I wonder if these are preferable over health mods. With so many rebels, one should be able to 3-star the challenge.
    Tanks are so hard to gear, but absolutely must be high geared to be viable. I consider the cost to farm Shore like cost to gear. Farming purple gear basically is worth about 1000 crystals per 50 piece gear and 250 per 20 piece gear which is my conservative estimate, and in the end it doesn't really matter how you exactly do it (I neglect those gear from challenges which you can't really all use, this is basically free stuff while challenge gear in demand actually is worth like crystals, consider these challenges like free crystals - a reason why it's important to get to level 81 quickly).
    At 10 and 7 respectively to gear 10 it's about 11750 crystals for that and 10000 more to gear 11. Royal Guard needs 12 and 6 to gear 10 (13500 crystals) and also 10000 more to gear 11. Including the cost to unlock Shore at 3* it's about 26000 crystals vs 23500 crystals in Shore against RG, a major time consuming pain. High Arena rank right from the start really converts into quicker farming, but this isn't new. (Palp for comparison needs 6 and 3 to gear 11 which is just 6750 crystals). Actually RG has the additional cost of blocking hard nodes farming (for example for Anakin, now 7* in my account basically only from hard nodes).
    Back to your first question, RG has the advantage that he can stun which is quite nice. Shore auto-taunts at the start which is just decisive against Wiggs and he can give crit immunity to your team. Shore is the choice in all Empire teams in my shard, actually I don't see suggestions with any other tank.
    The new Sith Trooper (10+9 for 12250 "crystals" until gear 10 plus 10000 more to gear 11) has a very interesting ability kit, no auto taunt but close to it. I believe he is as good as Shore but needs Sith synergy, Shore can run everywhere. I have to see (from others) how good he really is.
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    STH is underwhelming on low levels, so in many cases he isn't the best unit to rely on. As Raw wrote - Chewie, RG, JC will be needed in the future so you can level and gear them up. Add units only if you level and gear them up. Talia and Luke should go first - sub with Lando and Boba. Then Chewie with STH. Sub RG whenever you get any attacker. I had almost similar path as you described here.

Thanks for the clarification, I really appreciate it.
  • Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Raw wrote: »

Tanks are so hard to gear, but absolutely must be high geared to be viable. I consider the cost to farm Shore like cost to gear. Farming purple gear basically is worth about 1000 crystals per 50 piece gear and 250 per 20 piece gear which is my conservative estimate, and in the end it doesn't really matter how you exactly do it (I neglect those gear from challenges which you can't really all use, this is basically free stuff while challenge gear in demand actually is worth like crystals, consider these challenges like free crystals - a reason why it's important to get to level 81 quickly).
    At 10 and 7 respectively to gear 10 it's about 11750 crystals for that and 10000 more to gear 11. Royal Guard needs 12 and 6 to gear 10 (13500 crystals) and also 10000 more to gear 11. Including the cost to unlock Shore at 3* it's about 26000 crystals vs 23500 crystals in Shore against RG, a major time consuming pain. High Arena rank right from the start really converts into quicker farming, but this isn't new. (Palp for comparison needs 6 and 3 to gear 11 which is just 6750 crystals). Actually RG has the additional cost of blocking hard nodes farming (for example for Anakin, now 7* in my account basically only from hard nodes).
    Back to your first question, RG has the advantage that he can stun which is quite nice. Shore auto-taunts at the start which is just decisive against Wiggs and he can give crit immunity to your team. Shore is the choice in all Empire teams in my shard, actually I don't see suggestions with any other tank.
    The new Sith Trooper (10+9 for 12250 "crystals" until gear 10 plus 10000 more to gear 11) has a very interesting ability kit, no auto taunt but close to it. I believe he is as good as Shore but needs Sith synergy, Shore can run everywhere. I have to see (from others) how good he really is.

Well ****... that was some knowledge
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    We should also discuss if tenancy (set) mods are preferable over health mods? Since dark side teams mostly need debuffs, these would make our teams more likely to resist these.
  • Doitsuyama
    357 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    We should also discuss if tenancy (set) mods are preferable over health mods? Since dark side teams mostly need debuffs, these would make our teams more likely to resist these.
    Not exactly on topic in this thread, but why not? I think potency and tenacity are both widely overrated, for Arena at least. Your typical potency and tenacity both are about 30% to 40%. They only start to make sense when we have tenacity minus potency of bigger than 15%, meaning tenacity of attacked must be at least 15% higher than potency of attacker - otherwise it's always the base resist chance of 15%.
    Improving potency or tenacity with mods is of course just a waste, if this threshold is still holding up the effect. Jacking up potency doesn't make sense if opponent's tenacity is too low (it does make sense against Rancor because his tenacity is 120% (heroic), most likely not too low, lol). Improving tenacity makes more sense against an unsuspecting opponent, so to speak (but he can counter by improving potency).
    Even if you get over the threshold, a maxed tenacity or potency set just improves this by 10% which isn't all that much, so you have to work pretty hard to make this work (at the cost of other stats).
  • So, with the new massive (and somewhat imba) buffs to Sith, should we start looking into a new setup? Some new characters? I am already having serious difficulties finishing GW because of the new meta (I am level 70).
  • MesterenR wrote: »
    So, with the new massive (and somewhat imba) buffs to Sith, should we start looking into a new setup? Some new characters? I am already having serious difficulties finishing GW because of the new meta (I am level 70).
    I don't think so, you still need Palp, and you need 5 rebels at 7*. This setup still is good for that. Maybe an earlier priority to farm Maul in Guild and Fleet Store, and Sid/Opress in Arena store is advised, but let's wait what Nihilus brings and where he will be farmable in 3 months or so.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Thx @Doitsuyama
    In my arena we already have some ppl with EP and TFP, but they are still beatable by the Wiggs Lando STH Boba setup. P2P people for sure so they are already lvl >80, while I'm 77 with ftp.
    You mentioned it is important to become lvl81 fast. That means you support to spend 100 crystals/normal energy refill? Currently I avoid that and buy only the 50/refill.

MesterenR wrote: »
    So, with the new massive (and somewhat imba) buffs to Sith, should we start looking into a new setup? Some new characters? I am already having serious difficulties finishing GW because of the new meta (I am level 70).

Do you have Wedge ready? I face lvl85 opponents in GW but only Wiggs makes problems to my team so far, the Sith have been no big deal for me? I use (Wiggs Lando Boba) + GS, QGJ, Sun Fac, STH. Only a few times I needed Ackbar/Barris/Maul/JC/Ahsoka but that is only Wiggs that are able to kill my Arena part of the team (in brackets).
  • Raw wrote: »
    Thx @Doitsuyama
    In my arena we already have some ppl with EP and TFP, but they are still beatable by the Wiggs Lando STH Boba setup. P2P people for sure so they are already lvl >80, while I'm 77 with ftp.
    Wait until they get the idea to add a pre-taunt tank and/or make their TFP/Boba faster than your STH. Ability block and buff immunity make him even more worthless than QGJ buff removal.
    You mentioned it is important to become lvl81 fast. That means you support to spend 100 crystals/normal energy refill? Currently I avoid that and buy only the 50/refill.
    I did so until level 81. It's cheaper to buy gear from shipments than farm with 100, but at this point a lot of blue gear is needed anyway. Can't hurt to farm them for Palp now actually, he needs a ton, look in swgoh.