Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw wrote: »
    Do you have Wedge ready? I face lvl85 opponents in GW but only Wiggs makes problems to my team so far, the Sith have been no big deal for me? I use (Wiggs Lando Boba) + GS, QGJ, Sun Fac, STH. Only a few times I needed Ackbar/Barris/Maul/JC/Ahsoka but that is only Wiggs that are able to kill my Arena part of the team (in brackets).
    For some reason my previous reply got deleted. So I'll just repost.
    No, I do not have Wedge ready yet. I got him yesterday, and he is gear tier 6, 4*, and while all mods are tier5 health they still need to be levelled (which I can't afford as I also need 1 mil to get boba to 7*).
    But I'll keep working on Wedge, and hope that solves my issues.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • One more thing: I consistently end up around top 50 in arena. Sometimes 55 sometimes 45. But people here seems to be ending up in top 10.
    Using 50 crystals to go higher doesn't even help much, since I simply just can't defeat top 30+ (well, sometimes I get lucky - but not really worth 50 crystals as top 20 would be extremely rare).
    So what's the trick? Am I missing something or do I just have a bad shard?
  • MesterenR wrote: »
    One more thing: I consistently end up around top 50 in arena. Sometimes 55 sometimes 45. But people here seems to be ending up in top 10.
    Using 50 crystals to go higher doesn't even help much, since I simply just can't defeat top 30+ (well, sometimes I get lucky - but not really worth 50 crystals as top 20 would be extremely rare).
    So what's the trick? Am I missing something or do I just have a bad shard?

Please give us a little bit more information about your situation:
    1. What is your player lvl?
    2. Does the top 30+ in general have a considerably higher player level than you?
    3. What is your usual arena team setup?
    4. Does your shard looks whaley (Baze+Cirrut everywhere)?

From my point of view being player lvl 75 and constantly achieving arena payout somewhere in between 8-20, I never drop below 25 in my shard since player below cant beat my team. I must admit I am not F2P, bought two times the 21 day crystal thing but no bundles or whatsoever yet.

By the way thanks a lot to all you guys here sharing your insights and experience, its my favorite thread on the forums here by far, so much valuable information!
  • Since I am already here I would like to discuss an interesting team composition (I am player LVL 75), countering superior modded STH and Bobas:

Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, STH, Sun Fac.

I was very frustrated over all that exeptionally well modded guys in my bracket with those insance speed mods always getting the first shot with Boba and STH. So I swapped in Sun Fac since I anyway levelled him for fleet war and I got some really easy wins against Wiggs+Boba+Lando team compositions.

So key here seems to be the AOE damage you get from the opposite team, triggering Sun Facs counterattack which instantly dispels STHs taunt. Even if Wedge dies in the initial onslaught, you can score with Boba+Biggs and have enough tankiness to survive the ongoing battle. Often Biggs focusses my STH or Boba instead of Wedge, and if STH dies, Sun Fac does the tank job, if Boba gets focussed, well thank you RNJesus :) Baze+Cirrut teams also seem to be much more managable with Sun, anyone else here made similar experiments or could give me a hint how to improve my team synergy?

I tried my luck with QGJ instead of Sun Fac before, he did a good job against equally modded teams but I had not a chance against those speedy guys... ability block - GG. My Lando 7* also performed exeptionally bad against Baze+Chirrut teams due to perma taunt + heal as a result to Landos AoE.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    I use Fac instead of STH since almost a week, right when he became 7*.
    Haven't tried it without Lando though.

Also for the reason that I lack mods with more than 8 speed secondaries.

My results were also that I can laugh about pretaunt tanks, but also I was hit back more then usual. Today from rank#1 to #23.
    The days before maybe #13 but never behind 20.

I am not sure yet but it seems as if as defending team, I am easier to beat?
    Could also be a coincidence because more players are at a similar power level now.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi Raw, thanks for your topic.
    I regret that I read your topic too late. Following your advice after some wrong farm, i try but now at lev 57 (about a month) i still at top 50/100 :-(.
    My team is: Lando 5*, Boba 5*, STHan 5*, JC 5*, Biggs 6*
    Not complete tier 3 health mod challenge to get mod mk 5
    I need some advice on:
    1. Team rebel 7* for Palpatine event? (Lando, Wegde, Biggs, ST Han, Ackbar ???) I am afraid i can't have 7* wedge for upcoming event
    2. Is Yoda usefull so that i must have a jedi team to get??
    3. Using mod mk 1 until get health mod mk5 or farm some health mod mk4/mk1 until get health mod mk5 ? Do i need farm Arrow mod to find Speed Primary?
    4. My GS is 3*, do i need farm GS more after Lando 7* ??
    Thank you.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Welcome!
    1. Team rebel 7* for Palpatine event? (Lando, Wegde, Biggs, ST Han, Ackbar ???) I am afraid i can't have 7* wedge for upcoming event
    You already unlocked Ackbar on 4*, right? How many shards do you get per day, 625?
    I think you can farm 65 shards in about 11 days. I suggest you plan the timing that you get at least a 5* EP.
    My 5th rebel will also be Ackbar.
    Is Yoda usefull so that i must have a jedi team to get??
    Yoda is useful mostly in a Jedi team. You need the Jedi team fot the Def Mod challenge, and finishing these will allow you to buy 5-dot-mods (also speed, crit dmg) for credits in the mod shipments.
    You also need a Jedi team to do dmg in the AAT Raid, P1. And that will be you entry card for any guild who does heroic AAT.

Using mod mk 1 until get health mod mk5 or farm some health mod mk4/mk1 until get health mod mk5 ?
    Mk4-Mods also can be good, I still use many of them. But on the long run, you want Mk5. So if you think you can do the challenge soon, rather get some shards for you cantina energy for now.
    Do i need farm Arrow mod to find Speed Primary?
    Once you have access to Mk5-mods, you want that +30 speed and get rid of your Mk4 with +26 speed.
    So especially with the arrow mods, mk4 will be rather a waste.
    Unless ofc, these give you a better arena rank for some days...
    My GS is 3*, do i need farm GS more after Lando 7* ??
    Some say, TFP first (see discussion above), but you will need GS stronger some day.
    I am lvl78 now and my GS is still 5*. I just finished farming SF and Maul and now farm CS's ARC in fleet store, then TFP's ship + some gear, but right after this I plan to buy GS in fleet store. My cantina energy I need for cc mods at the moment.
    Others would prefer GS first. His value in GW is greater than TFP's, but with EP coming soon, and Vader ready, you might prefer to farm TFP first, as an arena alternative.
    There is this one difference: Although TFP is a pilot, he isn't available in fleet shipments, but GS is. So TFP is cantina exclusive, whereas GS isn't. That's why I'd rather say, go TFP.

Welcome!
    You already unlocked Ackbar on 4*, right? How many shards do you get per day, 625?
    I think you can farm 65 shards in about 11 days. I suggest you plan the timing that you get at least a 5* EP.
    My 5th rebel will also be Ackbar.
    Is Yoda usefull so that i must have a jedi team to get??
    Yoda is useful mostly in a Jedi team. You need the Jedi team fot the Def Mod challenge, and finishing these will allow you to buy 5-dot-mods (also speed, crit dmg) for credits in the mod shipments.
    You also need a Jedi team to do dmg in the AAT Raid, P1. And that will be you entry card for any guild who does heroic AAT.

Using mod mk 1 until get health mod mk5 or farm some health mod mk4/mk1 until get health mod mk5 ?
    Mk4-Mods also can be good, I still use many of them. But on the long run, you want Mk5. So if you think you can do the challenge soon, rather get some shards for you cantina energy for now.
    Do i need farm Arrow mod to find Speed Primary?
    Once you have access to Mk5-mods, you want that +30 speed and get rid of your Mk4 with +26 speed.
    So especially with the arrow mods, mk4 will be rather a waste.
    Unless ofc, these give you a better arena rank for some days...
    My GS is 3*, do i need farm GS more after Lando 7* ??
    Some say, TFP first (see discussion above), but you will need GS stronger some day.
    I am lvl78 now and my GS is still 5*. I just finished farming SF and Maul and now farm CS's ARC in fleet store, then TFP's ship + some gear, but right after this I plan to buy GS in fleet store. My cantina energy I need for cc mods at the moment.
    Others would prefer GS first. His value in GW is greater than TFP's, but with EP coming soon, and Vader ready, you might prefer to farm TFP first, as an arena alternative.
    There is this one difference: Although TFP is a pilot, he isn't available in fleet shipments, but GS is. So TFP is cantina exclusive, whereas GS isn't. That's why I'd rather say, go TFP.
    Thank you!!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Hylaios wrote: »
    Since I am already here I would like to discuss an interesting team composition (I am player LVL 75), countering superior modded STH and Bobas:

Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, STH, Sun Fac.

Thank you for this hint, it worked for me and I owe you my today's rank#1.
    I tried to get through with
    Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, Lando, Sun Fac, both two times against #2 and #1, didn't work.

But with
    Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, STH, Sun Fac
    it worked, and since I had a free try, I also fought #2 again and also won. And that despite the fact that I used some rather random mods I had around on STH...

That is certainly a good setup. The more since I have omega'd Wedge's and Biggs' 1st special so I can use it more often.

• MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Hylaios wrote: »
    Please give us a little bit more information about your situation:
    1. What is your player lvl?
    2. Does the top 30+ in general have a considerably higher player level than you?
    3. What is your usual arena team setup?
    4. Does your shard looks whaley (Baze+Cirrut everywhere)?
    1. I am 71
    2. Not really. Most are 73 or 72. One is 79 and another 77.
    3. Lando (L), STH, Biggs, GS, Boba (Wedge isn't quite ready yet)
    4. Top 5 is certainly whaley. Many have robot teams (which just destroy me), others have like 5k+ in power on their teams and destroy me too.
    This is my profile https://swgoh.gg/u/mesterenr/
    With regards to not using Wedge yet, I am having incredibly poor luck with him. Today I got 3 shards with the standard 2 cantina refreshes etc. THREE SHARDS! While this is the worst so far, around 6 shards is quite normal. On top of that his gear requirements are really not the best.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    My last posting is gone...
    Okay again:
    Your arena team is far too low in level (62-68, while you are 71), that should never happen.
    Also buy your Wedge shards in fleet store and make sure you always save some tokens (1600 at least until noon next day) for the case that Slave+Scimitar+Darth Vader+Wedge come up in the shipments.
  • Hi there i seem to he getting slightly confused. So aim 5 rebels at 7 star right? I currently have 4 at 5*, are you using Ackbar as your 5th 7 star rebel? Ive already maxed IG88 but 5star for Ackbar. Farm Tarkin to 7 star? Or get Ackbar to 7 first?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi there i seem to he getting slightly confused. So aim 5 rebels at 7 star right? I currently have 4 at 5*, are you using Ackbar as your 5th 7 star rebel? Ive already maxed IG88 but 5star for Ackbar. Farm Tarkin to 7 star? Or get Ackbar to 7 first?

So your Wedge is not ready yet? So when EP comes in March you will not have Wedge 5* probably? And no chance for any other rebel in that short time, I guess. So if you don't get Wedge until the end of the event, you will miss EP this time :/

Yes, Ackbar is my 5th 7* rebel. I have him 7* first because he is my fleet commander.
    Then I farmed 50 shards of Chief Nebit for the Jakku omega event (I had a Datcha from bronziums and an lvl50 Talia). Now I farm Tarkin for the 5*Executrix-challenge.

• My bad, i got my numbers all mixed up. I have 4 rebels at 7 star. Standars Wiggs, Lando, STH. I already have ig 88 maxed. But I guess u answered my question anyways. Get Ackbar to 7 stars it is lol. Also been reading most of the thread since last night, ive hit my peak point where my gear isnt progressing at all and only my level has due to energy refreshes and such, gonna start saving my crystals for those Furnaces.
    Thank you for this hint, it worked for me and I owe you my today's rank#1.

Glad I could help, I anyway owe you a lot of crystals thanks to your guide :)
  • MesterenR wrote: »
    1. I am 71
    4. Top 5 is certainly whaley. Many have robot teams (which just destroy me), others have like 5k+ in power on their teams and destroy me too.
    With regards to not using Wedge yet, I am having incredibly poor luck with him. Today I got 3 shards with the standard 2 cantina refreshes etc. THREE SHARDS! While this is the worst so far, around 6 shards is quite normal. On top of that his gear requirements are really not the best.

I agree to raw - your arena team has to be max lvl if you want to be competitive. Stop spending credits on mods and focus your arena team level. I had similar experiences like you while farming Wedge and also had to buy every Wedge shard possible in FW too. Once you have him you might want to invest in mods on Wedge, Biggs and Lando in terms of massive amounts of crit damage - you need Wiggs to hit like a truck in order to knock out someone fast. Take a look into my profile if you are interested:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hylaios/

I use Lando only for GW because his AoE makes no sense against Baze+Cirrut teams due to triggering Baze taunt by damaging Cirrut.
  • MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't have the credits to level my arena team. It costs a fortune. But tomorrow we should get a credit event, so I'll pour everything I have into levels then.
    With regards to fleet store, I am already doing all that. Just don't have too much luck there.

Thanks for the replies. I'll level my team, and see where that gets me (although I'll admit I'll be surprised if it takes me to the top 10 :) - but no reason not to try for it)
  • Hylaios wrote: »
    MesterenR wrote: »
    1. I am 71

I agree to raw - your arena team has to be max lvl if you want to be competitive. Stop spending credits on mods and focus your arena team level. I had similar experiences like you while farming Wedge and also had to buy every Wedge shard possible in FW too. Once you have him you might want to invest in mods on Wedge, Biggs and Lando in terms of massive amounts of crit damage - you need Wiggs to hit like a truck in order to knock out someone fast. Take a look into my profile if you are interested:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hylaios/

I use Lando only for GW because his AoE makes no sense against Baze+Cirrut teams due to triggering Baze taunt by damaging Cirrut.

Lando's AOE does make sense with the right line up. I currently use it for Arena and now have no problems with Chaze teams. I have Wiggs, Lando, Bobba, STH and have been consistently #1 for last couple of weeks.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Can you tell us how exactly you fight the Chaze Jyn Wiggs team then?
    Do you use "Death from Above" first and spam AoE, then next round Execute on Chirrut?

I used this tactics but if the enemy's Biggs was not ability blocked or the execute is evaded, it is a loss.
    Also my following Wiggs attacks need to crit. With other words, I need 3x luck (AB on Biggs + no evasion of execute + Wiggs crit). Since the dolphins (and Chaze players are dolphins) normally are a few levels higher than me, they also have the lvl 80-gear (X + next omegas), while I still need to play with gear IX and only the 1st special omega'd. So not exactly "no problems" here.
  • This is how I deal with it.
    - Biggs goes 1st with his secondary on Chaze and brings help down to half
    - Boba goes for an ability block and I have some good mods where his potency is very high so it usually ability blocks everyone
    - STN then taunts
    - Use AOE from Lando and Wedge
    - If Baze isn't dead then Boba's execute on him
    - Focus on killing wedge
    - Rest is easy

I'm only level 74 and the highest level that is competitive is 77 so I don't have to deal with omegas yet (maybe my strategy will need to change in the future). Further, in the case where Boba doesn't his ability block and I lose, I usually only fall back to #10 so it's easy to get back to #1 without spending crystals for additional fights.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    - About Galaxy War: Is it true that the fewer chars have max lev, the easier against team?
    - About Arena with team Lando (L), Boba, Biggs, ST Han, JC: The best go first should be Boba ?? With lev58, rank top 50-100 ,after some loses, i don't fight with team have Boba's speed faster than my Boba >>> That make me can not go to higher rank or be pushed to lower rank. That why I have to find speed for my Boba. And finally with adding mk2 Arrow speed primary (may be a waste if i have mk5 mod) , my Boba now have more than 165 speed that may be make me feel secure a litle bit.
    - About Palpatin event: I have to give up. i can not go to lev 69 to have Wedge 5* to get at that time. The only choice is replace Wedge to Luke (now 4* because of wrong farming)
    Post edited by pnhuy on
  • Arrow speed mods are never a waste, they are needed at basically every toon, so once you get mk 5 arrow speeds for your arena team, this will go to your other teams.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @pnhuy
    They say GW is harder when you have 5 strong toons and the rest are rather low. But I'd rather have a good arena rank and a hard GW than vice versa.
    @pnhuy
    They say GW is harder when you have 5 strong toons and the rest are rather low. But I'd rather have a good arena rank and a hard GW than vice versa.
    Determination of GW difficulty isn't exactly known. But it's established as likely that it is based on your highest ever used Arena power (it doesn't help to lower it artificially, makes GW not easier). Of course GW is easier if you have more than 5 toons which can help beating it, that's the goal of GW (and raids or events) after all - you can't rest on just 5 toons, but have to develop a bigger roster.
  • Also regarding credits, I have been keeping my Arena team max level consistently. However my fleet arena toons are mostly at level 50 to unlock mods (specially TFP, ahsoka and ackbar) is it worth it in terms of credits to level them to my level in regards to ship performance since pilot power is the main contributor to ship stats? Haven't unlocked Sun Fac, Wedge or Maul and Slave I yet, so I have to use TFP for a while in my main fleet arena (he seems to be more usefull than resistance x wing or clone sargent arc).

Also is it worth it leveling ackbar's ship at all since his damage is negligible and he can't be damaged? Given the scarcity of ship leveling currency (even though I maintain rank 1 most days) seems like investing in the ships and leavling home one underleveled is a better strategy?
  • Quick question, i finally got one of those **** Furnaces. Who woul d u recommend i push up to gear IX first tho? Biggs, Wedge, Lando?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Quick question, i finally got one of those **** Furnaces. Who woul d u recommend i push up to gear IX first tho? Biggs, Wedge, Lando?

Doesn't your STH also need one? Maybe him. If I look at my current #1 his STH is gear 11, the other chars gear X.

Otherwise I'd say Wedge.
    With Lando it depends on your mods if you will be able to keep him in your team on the long term.
    I see these who have bought mod packs and are lucky to have far over 200% CD (CD set and 5* triangle with CD and CC set). Those Landos are devastating. Others (like myself) need to replace him, against these 80+ opponents. You will experience that they will often have huge health+protection pools and Lando is too squishy.
    However still in my top10, almost everybody uses him. But I think with lvl85 he will be mostly "out". He will still be important for the credit heist events.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Koresh wrote: »
    Also regarding credits, I have been keeping my Arena team max level consistently. However my fleet arena toons are mostly at level 50 to unlock mods (specially TFP, ahsoka and ackbar) is it worth it in terms of credits to level them to my level in regards to ship performance since pilot power is the main contributor to ship stats? Haven't unlocked Sun Fac, Wedge or Maul and Slave I yet, so I have to use TFP for a while in my main fleet arena (he seems to be more usefull than resistance x wing or clone sargent arc).

Also is it worth it leveling ackbar's ship at all since his damage is negligible and he can't be damaged? Given the scarcity of ship leveling currency (even though I maintain rank 1 most days) seems like investing in the ships and leavling home one underleveled is a better strategy?

If you already maintain #1, I see no real need to invest you credits if you need them elsewhere now.
    A leveled capital ship is not so weak as you think. My AoE does about 7k dmg (no crit), that means a huge part of the protection is gone. The single target attack is also 6k dmg. That's not unimportant. Some ships are squishy and this will help to blast them from the battlefield.
  • Aikange
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I would like to ask. I am level 56.

My arena team is: AA (L)(5*, G7), Lando (5*, G7), JC (4*, G7), Phasma (5*, G6) and STH (4*, G7)

Now I am farming STH, Boba(for my reasons I farmed QGJ a little), Biggs (just started).
    Who should I farm to have better performance? (Leia? Or GS for more stars (almost G7)) (My idea is change someone with JC but Wedge with Biggs are far away.

Thanks a lot :)
    (My chars - https://swgoh.gg/u/aikange/collection/ )
    [the new order CZ]
    Be cool and calm, I don´t know what I am saying
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Lando lead for crit dmg, get your attackers crit chance on the mods. Crit Dmg or cc triangle.
    Farm TFP I'd say, try him in your arena at 4*.
    And keep your arena team max lvl.