Make Nightsisters fun in one simple move.

Not talking about arena here, but lots of squads now are becoming useful with strong synergy. Resistance team is solid after the Finn rework, and his Zeta. Clone team with Cody Zeta makes them fun, and good against the tank. Droids with JE have always been a fun little group. And I'm sure FO will get looked at soon. Even additions to Boba Fett's lead make a full bounty hunter squad interesting.

But even with a Ventress Zeta lead a full Nightsisters squad would make you the laughing stock of your guild. Even Ventress with a reworked unique and 2 possible Zetas is just someone I can't make myself put any more gear into. (+15 speed bonus for unbuffed enemies is fine, but it will disappear every three seconds in the current buff crazy environment. She needs a PERMANENT +40 speed boost, then maybe a smaller +7 bonus per unbuffed enemy on top of that so that the max possible in arena is the same. Sorry. Off topic) And Daka who isn't terrible fell out of the meta a while ago. All the other Nightsisters are mediocre at best.

So here is one ability to make them a fun team to use, makes them great for GW and Raids, and maybe not arena all stars, but at least gets Daka/Ventress worked into some interesting combos.

Daka unique Zeta. She normally has a 10% chance to resurrect any ally that dies while she's alive. She also gives them a bit of health, TM, and some buffs on the rare occasion that it happens. That's fine. But make add a Zeta so that she has a 100% chance to auto-rez other Nightsisters. In a full Nightsisters team there is no taunt tank. She would now be effectively a taunt tank. A "soft taunt" like Anakin, but for a different reason. Load her up with health, and protection. Opponents would have to kill her first. Not too overpowered to deal with. And Talia/NI/Acolyte still need a bit of damage. Mainly Acolyte. (Acolyte is terrible. She just needs a total overhaul.) But it would become a more fun team to play, and with a Ventress Zeta lead might have some niche uses.

As for arena, putting Ventress and Daka together might be useful against some opponents. Daka has decent speed, very high potency, a double stun chance on her basic, a small chance to rez allies with her heal, and constant threat of possibly randomly resurrecting anybody you knock out while she's alive. Pair her with Ventress who has a very valuable AoE dispel, and would now HAVE to be killed AFTER Daka, and they might fit in with some current meta toons to be useful. Definitely useable on offense. Not top shelf, but it's a start.

Replies

• I'd like them to be given synergy with Darth Maul and Savage Opress. Think I would be tempted to run a few GW and maybe even a few Arena runs if they did
  • If Daka gets that Zeta then the result will probably be a few more people running Ventress+Daka (Dentress?) as a pair.
    As you mentioned, it's the other 3 nightsisters that need a complete overhaul. They lack any good debuff/buff/dispel utility, so either give them that or double their base damage.
  • It falls apart with the Acolyte..... Honestly, if they added in the Savage Opress Synergy with the Nightsisters you'd have your tank, which, while not the best, has his place. If he Taunted the first time a nightsister went under 50% health he'd give the team their tank. (If he dropped a DoT on his basic with a crit - he'd merge up with Talia too)

If he counted as part of the nightsister faction he'd pick up Asajj's speed. That alone pulls the team up out of the mud a little and then you can just forget the Acolyte entirely.

Then yes, Daka's unique needs a Zeta. I'd like to see it remain generic. 10% is another way of saying practicality never happens, it needs to increase.

Finally I know they gave talia a little bump, but she's still horrible. She needs a Unique passive - maybe the 'consider not attack' thing like Old Ben, she's a soft target, but if you kill her she gives the other Nightsisters offense up and turn meter.

Or the opposite -- since I assume Grandma is the real target. If you kill Talia, the Old Daka is instantly resurrected.

IDK -- none of this makes them contenders, and I don't foresee see the nightsisters being in any of the movies. Unless, our crack-ship sails and Rey somehow ends up being the weird one-night stand granddaughter of Obi-Wan and Asajj -- if there was any REAL angst i the show it was between those two.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Just release Talzin, make her OP and give her great synergy with Maul, Opress and the sistas.
  • Monxie wrote: »
    Just release Talzin, make her OP and give her great synergy with Maul, Opress and the sistas.

I agree, I just don't see how Talzin doesn't become a Daka clone...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    A 100% chance almost totally denies the use of her healing ability, so I think it should be a bit lower
    Edit: maybe a 100% chance on her special ability, and a double chance for nightsisters when it comes to her unique ability?
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    A 100% chance almost totally denies the use of her healing ability, so I think it should be a bit lower
    Edit: maybe a 100% chance on her special ability, and maybe a double chance for nightsisters when it comes to her unique ability?

At 40% revive chance for unique, 1.5x for nightsister allies.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    Edit: maybe a 100% chance on her special ability, and maybe a double chance for nightsisters when it comes to her unique ability?

IDK - I'll just take the Savage Synergy with a taunt on him at this point. That hands you a half decent team to throw in a heroic raid.

TBH, if we just got this to help with Raids, then I change my mind - Talia should get a small debuff cleanse with Waters of life. "remove 1 debuff from each night sister at random" I think we can pack it up and wait for OP Talzin :smile:
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I think making talzin a character would help NS a lot. With maul and savage synergies. Mixing Talzins ability with all other NS. Stuns, and health steals, ability or buff blocks. Also give her the old Ben treatment. If she dies whole team gets buffs. Grants all NS and Maul Bros. Extras on their specials. Or maybe a full group rez.
  • Moving to Feedback: Characters
This discussion has been closed.