New casual player need direction

So I'm brand new to the game. Only started 3 days ago I need a little direction. I've been doing a little research, but being only lv 33 many things are still out of reach. The main question I have is who I should be aiming for? Right now I'm farming boba fett and storm trooper han. I'm not too familiar with team compositions and since I really just want to play casually without the meta (100-250 arena?) I was thinking of a team comp with Phasma, Boba fett, royal guard, kylo ren and storm trooper han? Nothing close to what the meta is but a little direction to help out would be appreciated. Also mainly free to play so no shore trooper.

Replies

• Focus on rebels and scoundrels. Storm trooper han and Lando will double you up nicely. Just focus on them until you can beat the last tier of the credit heist with the scoundrels. Focus on wedge and biggs for the rest of your rebels. Bobba fet is nice and you should be able to use him for anything down the road.

Just go that route and you'll set yourself up with ~two teams for raids in a guild and be able to get somewhere decent in the arena
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Focus primarily on 5 scoundrels, they will help you the most in the long run for Credit Heist events. Also make sure you are finishing Galactic War which is huge for progression, so a healer early on won't hurt.

After that it's really all up to you. You can farm the current meta, but with any progression game that comes with a risk and there's no guarantee they will still be meta once you get to maxing them. I suggest investing in characters that you either like as far as the ability descriptions or just like in general. More than likely whatever team you aim for will have its moment to shine.

Some pointers though: Spend crystals on energy refreshes, don't buy data cards. Also if you want to unlock the Emperor you will need to have a full team of Rebels. The chance to unlock him is pretty rare so that might be something of interest to invest in. Similarly you can unlock Yoda with a full team of Jedi, but that event is fairly frequent.
  • I concur. Rebels and scoundrels first. Based on what I've seen so far, the Emporer Palp event might be back in about 6 months. Should be enough time to get your required rebels ready in time.
  • Sound advice, thank you all. One more question though. Are ally points worth saving up or spending now?
  • I'm the same mate started not long ago, was mis informed at first but now farming lando from the cantina battle and Han from the shipments I was lucky enough to get wedge in a pack, also goin for boba.
  • Scorchy wrote: »
    Sound advice, thank you all. One more question though. Are ally points worth saving up or spending now?

Spend your ally points. Keep maybe 5K in reserve at all times just for a couple refreshes on a tournament to rank in the top 1,000.

The bronzium packs can give you a lot of shards for some useful characters early on (particularly Royal Guard and Jedi Consular).

Phasma isn't a strong PvP character, but she is useful in PvE. Boba is a great farm from Cantina shipments. Qui-Gon is another character that is super strong in all parts of the game that you could farm after Boba is done (and hey, c'mon, it's Liam ****ing Nieson).

Kylo Ren isn't super strong, but if you like him, farm him :)

A couple easy beginner tips:
    1. Farm the Royal Guard hard node EVERY DAY (LS Hard 1-4); once you unlock DS 5-4 Hard, farm that as well. These will cover your 5 hard battles and 3 LS/DS battles every day while farming a super useful character

2. Use crystals on refreshes ONLY. Cantina refreshes first, then regular energy if you can afford it. Cantina first so that you get more cantina shipments, hence maxing Boba/Qui-Gon quicker (and whatever character node you choose to farm)

3. Only focus on 6-10 characters until level 60, then focus on your top 5. Chewie and Consular can carry you until about level 50 when your other characters become better.

4.Do Galactic War EVERY DAY once it unlocks. If you didn't already know, you can retreat from a battle and try again if it goes badly.

Best of luck!
  • On the ally points: I stopped participating in the tourneys about 3 or 4 tournaments ago. A locked up Shoretrooper is still collecting dust on my shelf from the first couple of times I wasted my time there. I've gotten far more out of spending the points on bronziums (14 teebo shards allowing me to 7* him sooner, several sets of 7 RG shards, shard shop currency from extra shards of already-maxed toons, and more blocks of shards of other toons like Ewok Elder, Ewok Scout, IG86, IG88, and other toons that escape memory now). The 5000 ally pts is a pretty easy cushion to build and maintain if you're reasonably active in this game.
  • Run while you still can
  • Glad I spent some allied points I did manage to get biggs and poe through it so thats a plus. 25% to getting lando and boba and halfway with st han. One last question would be when would be a good time to stop farming these characters shards and gear? 7*? or lower? along with appropriate gear level?
  • In lower shards you can hit character winning tanks with a far lower investment than at 80+ I picked up everybody except Chirrut (who I stupidly, in hindsight, didn't try for). So it's worth saving AP. You'll need about 150k to all but guarantee top 10.

Don't buy them from GW, it's far better to farm chars there, but you don't have to buy bronziums.