Lets stop the GW whining. Guide.

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    To the OP:
    BfQWeyo.jpg
    That team would destroy yours before you even got a turn. That is what people are "whining" about.
    Fight #6 too. Wow.

Funny. The troll ignored this post
  • Options
    I have:
    7* Side
    6* Kylo
    6* JC
    5* Lumi (going slow because I can't get more than 400-800 creds a day
    5* Dooku
    5* Phasma
    6* HK

Thats about it. The rest are sub 50. As a F2P player I do not have a competitive bench
    And guess what braggart? YOU HAVE A THREE 7*. I'd expect you to have an easier time than me against that team.

With your bench I don't buy that you are F2P for one second

All of my 7 and 6 are free rofl. And yes, you using only 2 healers so gw will ve hard for you. As i see it, your team is the problem, not gw. And cosmicturtle333: 1 away from gear 8 (but need 50 of prpl something..) , and only 20 shrads left for 5*. I love that op toon, and yes im lucky with pulls.

Oh yea, she sits out for that FREE JC OR FREE IG86.

Your arguments are invalid.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "I'm lucky with pulls."

Let me stop you right there.

Your arguments are invalid. Not everyone is lucky with pulls. Thankfully, a holes like you are a minority. Most do not like the current GW

and I'm still calling **** on f2p, wallet warrior.
  • Options
    To the OP:
    BfQWeyo.jpg
    That team would destroy yours before you even got a turn. That is what people are "whining" about.
    Fight #6 too. Wow.

Well, they would destroy me for sure.but im only lvl 64. Will not meet those guys. He? Well he is stronger than me, so he gets stronger teams. But thats just showing that even tho he p2p (dat lvl now?) he still can't pass lvl 6 in gw.
    Whos the noob now..
  • Options
    I have:
    7* Side
    6* Kylo
    6* JC
    5* Lumi (going slow because I can't get more than 400-800 creds a day
    5* Dooku
    5* Phasma
    6* HK

Thats about it. The rest are sub 50. As a F2P player I do not have a competitive bench
    And guess what braggart? YOU HAVE A THREE 7*. I'd expect you to have an easier time than me against that team.

With your bench I don't buy that you are F2P for one second

All of my 7 and 6 are free rofl. And yes, you using only 2 healers so gw will ve hard for you. As i see it, your team is the problem, not gw. And cosmicturtle333: 1 away from gear 8 (but need 50 of prpl something..) , and only 20 shrads left for 5*. I love that op toon, and yes im lucky with pulls.

Oh yea, she sits out for that FREE JC OR FREE IG86.

Your arguments are invalid.

I wasn't arguing with you btw. And I wasn't assuming you were P2W like PresidentScroob said. All I was saying was that it's nicer to look at Rey than it is to read this thread.

That doesn't mean I think you're right or wrong or anything. I'm completely neutral.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Oh, and Rey isn't OP.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    "I'm lucky with pulls."

Let me stop you right there.

Your arguments are invalid. Thankfully, a holes like you are a minority. Most do not like the current GW

and I'm still calling **** on f2p, wallet warrior.

You lucky to get dooku, i lucky to get barris.
    Let me stop you right there, you cant pull a balance team and you blame the gw for your failure.

And said, wasted 20$ for 2800 crystals.

Not much differnce from you. 8 pack only.

Walletw warrior using jc,ig... Im the worst of them than. And still winning gw whiner.
  • Options
    @ OP this is not really a guide though

The guide would be things like -- this is a dump of what I learned to do since the new retreat:

- use 2 healers if possible. If too hard, swap weak healer with a high dps you can "sacrifice" if they die but did their job (FOTP, Res Pilot, Biggs, Rey, 86, Geo, any low-ish-hp high damage sorta unit)
    - don't heal in the last round (because cooldowns) especially not with Lumi. Lumi has to heal early in the fight.
    - Lumi lead for scrap heals (I'm greedy on heals, my JC is bad and dies real quick)
    - Kill Sid first, Kylo second. Heal block is a pain (unless you have a unit that can remove debuffs, Ackbar doesn't remove his own heal block sadly). Leaving healers alive to heal Phasma, Barris and other high hp units can give you extra rounds to get rid of cooldowns for next fight.
    - against Phasma (i.e. most if not all the team you'll face in there), it's good to have 2 aoe units and save their AOE to get rid of the penetration buff she gives to her allies (Sid, Boba, Kylo, 88...)
    - do not lose lumi or JC til node 10. if I do, retreat, retry. sometimes swapping 2 units can do the trick (the enemy may hit the same "position" in the team, I place a tank there to test this)
    - don't use taunts ever, unless it's absolutely necessary, or I can let the tank die, it's really hard and a waste to heal them back (esp. Poe). I let my Poe go at node 10 if he has to and it's a really difficult node.
    - geo is king to get rid of Sid (fast), his assist is priceless in GW. I get to use him in 2 fights on average, on my really difficult nodes, he's low level and can die quick but he always gets to attack at least once.
    - dooku is only used for desperate attempts at stunning, I don't rely on stuns in GW because they are too random for me... :/ it's just me though.

- I hate phasma/kylo/sid/FOTP teams with the fury of a thousand suns because of the multi attack trigger extra extra on top multi pew pew that kills my healers all the time, so I swap in a complete mirror team to this one and beat them this way, but can't meet two of those in a row because I'd rage. I'm lucky so far
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Is there an ignore feature on this board? Someone that uses "noob" and "whiner" in every other post is not worth listening to.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd kill to face ur fight 12 team. GW isn't easy for everyone and for some, it will require patience and building AT LEAST 10 strong heroes. My fight 4 or 5 usually looks something along the lines of (and I am looking at it right now):

lvl 63+ sid 7 star
    lvl 62+ lumi 7 star
    lvl 62+ Dooku 5 star
    lvl 62 Daka 6 star
    lvl 62 (insert character here) 6-7 star.. this time it was a Kylo.

However, I do enjoy the challenge and am straying away from Arena's and going after JC once my Kylo gets his last star. The new GW does make me more encouraged to diversify my resources into numerous assets.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    @ OP this is not really a guide though

The guide would be things like -- this is a dump of what I learned to do since the new retreat:

- use 2 healers if possible. If too hard, swap weak healer with a high dps you can "sacrifice" if they die but did their job (FOTP, Res Pilot, Biggs, Rey, 86, Geo, any low-ish-hp high damage sorta unit)
    - don't heal in the last round (because cooldowns) especially not with Lumi. Lumi has to heal early in the fight.
    - Lumi lead for scrap heals (I'm greedy on heals, my JC is bad and dies real quick)
    - Kill Sid first, Kylo second. Heal block is a pain (unless you have a unit that can remove debuffs, Ackbar doesn't remove his own heal block sadly). Leaving healers alive to heal Phasma, Barris and other high hp units can give you extra rounds to get rid of cooldowns for next fight.
    - against Phasma (i.e. most if not all the team you'll face in there), it's good to have 2 aoe units and save their AOE to get rid of the penetration buff she gives to her allies (Sid, Boba, Kylo, 88...)
    - do not lose lumi or JC til node 10. if I do, retreat, retry. sometimes swapping 2 units can do the trick (the enemy may hit the same "position" in the team, I place a tank there to test this)
    - don't use taunts ever, unless it's absolutely necessary, or I can let the tank die, it's really hard and a waste to heal them back (esp. Poe). I let my Poe go at node 10 if he has to and it's a really difficult node.
    - geo is king to get rid of Sid (fast), his assist is priceless in GW. I get to use him in 2 fights on average, on my really difficult nodes, he's low level and can die quick but he always gets to attack at least once.
    - dooku is only used for desperate attempts at stunning, I don't rely on stuns in GW because they are too random for me... :/ it's just me though.

- I hate phasma/kylo/sid/FOTP teams with the fury of a thousand suns because of the multi attack trigger extra extra on top multi pew pew that kills my healers all the time, so I swap in a complete mirror team to this one and beat them this way, but can't meet two of those in a row because I'd rage. I'm lucky so far

Said ita not a thread in end. Just to show ppl that F2P (swap lumi with barris, geez) team can win.
    And i guess you winning gw easy also.
    Finally, player with balanced team
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'd kill to face ur fight 12 team. GW isn't easy for everyone and for some, it will require patience and building AT LEAST 10 strong heroes. My fight 4 or 5 usually looks something along the lines of (and I am looking at it right now):

lvl 63+ sid 7 star
    lvl 62+ lumi 7 star
    lvl 62+ Dooku 5 star
    lvl 62 Daka 6 star

However, I do enjoy the challenge and am straying away from Arena's and going after JC once my Kylo gets his last star. The new GW does make me more encouraged to diversify my resources into numerous assets.

Well lot of dmg and stuns, need mass heals.
  • Brave_Space_Bear
    18 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm lvl 57 and consistently get put up against those lvl 64 5*-7* teams that you have in your screen shot. I usually clear GW, but was stopped short today. Oh well
  • Options

lvl 63+ sid 7 star
    lvl 62+ lumi 7 star
    lvl 62+ Dooku 5 star
    lvl 62 Daka 6 star

lvl 63+ sid 7 star
    lvl 62+ lumi 7 star
    lvl 62+ Dooku 5 star
    lvl 62 Daka 6 star

Oh. Not my team. This is a normal opponents team around fight 4-5 for all my GW's. No matter what composition I go, I am hurting by the end of fight 4-5 and lose at least 1 hero. My main issue is that even though my JC is the highest gear tier, he is only 4 stars so putting him with Lumi against teams like this, he is dead before he can throw his first heal. Only other healer is Talia (same status as JC) and a 3 star ewok elder. Once I get JC up to 6+ stars thing should become better as I ease him into my GW A squad.
  • Options
    lol Man your last fight looks like my first one, if I'm lucky and get an easy match,lol. You should not downplay others when you face an epicly easy run based on that joke of a first fight and the pitifully easy last fight you. Many folks here face mid-upper lvl 60 all 7* purples. I know I do. Oh I finish it daily against that as well, however do not post to brag.

Bottom line your screen shots show that you got an insanely easy draw. I've not seen sub 60's in ages. Even before the cap was raised all I saw was lvl 60 max squads.

I agree need to adapt, however even with a decent bench one can only survive so long against squad after squad of 7* purples in the mid 60 range.

Last week I ran into a stretch of 7 strait teams a level or 2 higher, all 7* purples and they were very good Builds. A QGJ jedi speed, Multiple Poe builds, and a First order team with Poe. Not to be rude, but based on your screen shot you'd have been masacured on that run, and possibly complaining here about how unfair it was. Like I said I'm not being rude simply stating fact. Those 7* DPS speed teams that hide behind Poe your team would be dead before you moved, maybe Sid would move, but If Poe exposed and Geo or Leia hit your 7* Sid is dead. I know I have one.

I agree though the complaints are getting tiresome, however it has gotten a great deal harder. I have a ton of LVL 60+ teams with 4+ teams worth in Purple and there are days I barely make it because of the draw. There are only so many healers and there is a cooldown. When you are trading shots at 5k+ per shot fights do not go many rounds so your cooldowns take time to refresh. you try to manage them, slow it down, often you lose more than you gain. Unless you are lucky and face a Chewy or Barriss, but even they die fast given the damage output. I'm doing mine slowly today my reset is 12am. I just faced a 7* chewy, that died in a couple hits after he taunted.

When you face easy teams where you need only heal every few fights it is easy. When you face real competition as most seem to, you need heals and face the cooldown game.

Congrats though on your win with the full start team intact. Regardless of ease of fights it is an accomplishment to be proud of facing 12 in a row carrying damage and cooldown, so very nice job.

Cheers
  • Options
    To the OP:
    BfQWeyo.jpg
    Fight #6 too. Wow.

Well, they would destroy me for sure.but im only lvl 64. Will not meet those guys.
    I'm level 65 and faced a similar team 2 days ago...and again today at node 11 (after earlier strong groups tore my 4* and 5* "backups" to shreds.) Thanks for the guide - next time someone needs to know how to beat GW when they draw easy teams the whole way, I'll be sure and point them this way...and tell them to make they have their Paypal account charged up, just to be safe.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Unfortunately I'm lvl 57 and consistently get put up against those lvl 64 5*-7* teams that you have in your screen shot. I usually clear GW, but was stopped short today. Oh well

Sounds like whining to me.
    You think i dont face hard teams?
    You really got stucked on dat last team huh guys. Im sure there were harder teams to face, but again, i AUTO the games, yes lucker noob like me, auto it, so i dont know even who i facing, since my lucky team is so powerful and whales team only!!! Oh right... Its pretty basic just balanced.
    And once, a week ago, my ig86 died in the process. True story. Used 6 toons. Shamed of myself, facing actually hard teams once but still able to finish gw.

Another whiner to the list i guess.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Sounds like whining to me.
    You really got stucked on dat last team huh guys. Im sure there were harder teams to face, but again, i AUTO the games, yes lucker noob like me, auto it, so i dont know even who i facing, since my lucky team is so powerful and whales team only!!! Oh right... Its pretty basic just balanced.
    And once, a week ago, my ig86 died in the process. True story. Used 6 toons. Shamed of myself, facing actually hard teams once but still able to finish gw.

Another whiner to the list i guess.

My god you are a troll. get lost. And I sincerely hope English isn't your first language, because you are bad at it

Seriously. Where is the ignore button
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Bragging or not, he had a point about all the crying. Get a tissue all ready. The devs have said it was broke before, see my posts as to why it makes no sense for it to work the way it did.
  • Options
    Bragging or not, he had a point about all the crying. Get a tissue all ready. The devs have said it was broke before, see my posts as to why it makes no sense for it to work the way it did.

Funny how the broken one had more strategy and was more fun than the "working" one.
  • Options
    I think the only thing we can learn from this post is: "With a weak roster you'll get weak opponents".
    Good for you OP that you can clear GW! But people complain when they face teams 7 or more levels higher. And the other day they face easy opponents. GW isn't the same for everybody and people start to wonder how the matchmaking works.
    Is it arena ranking or overall roster? Posts like this proof nothing, only that some players have it easier than others.
  • Options
    lol Man your last fight looks like my first one, if I'm lucky and get an easy match,lol. You should not downplay others when you face an epicly easy run based on that joke of a first fight and the pitifully easy last fight you. Many folks here face mid-upper lvl 60 all 7* purples. I know I do. Oh I finish it daily against that as well, however do not post to brag.

Bottom line your screen shots show that you got an insanely easy draw. I've not seen sub 60's in ages. Even before the cap was raised all I saw was lvl 60 max squads.

I agree need to adapt, however even with a decent bench one can only survive so long against squad after squad of 7* purples in the mid 60 range.

Last week I ran into a stretch of 7 strait teams a level or 2 higher, all 7* purples and they were very good Builds. A QGJ jedi speed, Multiple Poe builds, and a First order team with Poe. Not to be rude, but based on your screen shot you'd have been masacured on that run, and possibly complaining here about how unfair it was. Like I said I'm not being rude simply stating fact. Those 7* DPS speed teams that hide behind Poe your team would be dead before you moved, maybe Sid would move, but If Poe exposed and Geo or Leia hit your 7* Sid is dead. I know I have one.

I agree though the complaints are getting tiresome, however it has gotten a great deal harder. I have a ton of LVL 60+ teams with 4+ teams worth in Purple and there are days I barely make it because of the draw. There are only so many healers and there is a cooldown. When you are trading shots at 5k+ per shot fights do not go many rounds so your cooldowns take time to refresh. you try to manage them, slow it down, often you lose more than you gain. Unless you are lucky and face a Chewy or Barriss, but even they die fast given the damage output. I'm doing mine slowly today my reset is 12am. I just faced a 7* chewy, that died in a couple hits after he taunted.

When you face easy teams where you need only heal every few fights it is easy. When you face real competition as most seem to, you need heals and face the cooldown game.

Congrats though on your win with the full start team intact. Regardless of ease of fights it is an accomplishment to be proud of facing 12 in a row carrying damage and cooldown, so very nice job.

Cheers

This comment. I like it.
    And as you see, my team isnt that strong. I wont face that op teams. If ill see crazY teams, i sacrifice some toons, and sid+ig86 will take them out, perhaps enter rey to remove faster and not losing much hp.
    And yes, it was easy team my last, but i still meet some strong ones obviously, like all do.

• Options
    Cmon, you are trolling your own thread, we get it, you beat GW.
    Congrats.
  • Options
    I think the only thing we can learn from this post is: "With a weak roster you'll get weak opponents".
    Good for you OP that you can clear GW! But people complain when they face teams 7 or more levels higher. And the other day they face easy opponents. GW isn't the same for everybody and people start to wonder how the matchmaking works.
    Is it arena ranking or overall roster? Posts like this proof nothing, only that some players have it easier than others.

I dont know how it works, but i do believe is much harder than PvP. At least for me.
    And i still think that balanced teams, built from healers, tanks, dmgers and not just ALL DMG GOGOGO have better chance at winning.
    And i do believe people whine too much. When i had trouble in gw, i read someones guide (real one, not sarcastic one) and got from stopping at 6, to stopping at 10 11. 5 more fights.
    After got barris, cant lose. (since now heals are barris jc and not jc talia).

So yea, they not playing smart and just whine.

And @Qeltar , you got me, im a cheater.
    I face only weaker teams, you face only stronger.
    Its cuz i pay 1000$ a day to ea, they keep me happy :)

Whiner.
  • Options
    The bolded is part of the problem. When the devs are silent on the point, everyone presumes it's screwy. All it would take is a single post from an EA person with information like this:

"Teams you face in GW are based on the strength of A, B & C - in that order." (Is A arena rank? Most powerful character? Total power? - What's B? Overall level? Health?, etc.)

"Draw ratios are as follows: X% for the first equipment slot, Y% for the 2nd, Z% for that purple one you've trying to pull for a week and FU% for that last shard you need"

"All % are constant and are not influenced by how many times you've tried, how much money you've spent or how much you complain on the forums"

See? Simple. 90% of the whining would stop. But the information is not forthcoming and no one has shed any light on how GW is matched up, or what it's even based on.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Post has been removed.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Congrats.

Not trolling, i really think balanced teams will do better and that people whining for nothing.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Congrats.

Not trolling, i really think balanced teams will do better and that people whining for nothing.

No, you created a fake guide thread to make fun of people that can't finish GW and tell them to stop whining. Pretty much the definition of a knuckle dragging troll.
  • Options
    So you admit this is a troll thread. Thank you for telling us you are a ****

No, its shove-it-in-your-face thread.
    Look how a noob, weaker than you, doing much better than you, with 5 champs only.
    Its not a troll thread, but this forum is full of whining about gw. Keep use ur cool, strong but inefficient dooku, ill use my weak, boring yet efficient barris.

You beat me in 1v1.
    But I winning over time teams that in my level.
    You beat them once, and will lose after while.
    I win slowly, less persuasive, but better, since i got refresh and heal

You still dont get it? After all of this? Still missing the point about how badly you build for gw?
This discussion has been closed.