Farming mod challenges

So for those of you that are regular forumers or lurkers would know that a lot of threads have come up recently about the best way to get top mods, but I was just wondering if it was worth starting to farm mods from challenges? All I have right now are mk5 health mods (lots of them) and I don't need more of these! These were easy to get with the F2P team I have.

I've just recently cracked top 50 on my December shard and am usually between 50-75. I'd like to be pushing into the 25-50 range consistently and making the jump from 100 crystals to 150 crystals per day. Right now I'm running a crit team with health mods, go figure?! Am in the process of farming my Jawas/Scoundrels/Resistance to be able to farm the necessary mods to improve my team and was just wondering if it would be a good start farming from mod challenges for crit damage/chance and speed mods, rather than from packs or any other way?

Was thinking of buying a couple of vaults and loading up on a few crystals so I can use 2-4 Cantina refreshes a day to get to where I need a little faster? I'll never be able to cement a place in the top 50 without the right mods and this is what I've come to by myself as the best possible solution? I could be wrong...