Who to farm? Need help building a team to reach max level

Hey guys,

I only started SWGoH a couple of weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. I am now level 51, just activated Daka and getting to a point where it's getting a lot harder to ugrade and farm. So as I continue I really want to focus on a couple of Heroes that can hold their own in storymode, GW and arena. My plan is to build both dark side and light side teams first and only upgrade the core characters till level 70.

I decided to invest some cash in the beginning for the starting momentum but don't wanna spend anymore, so leveling Darth Maul or Lando isn't an option. So my main question is, who should I farm next?

My Light Side Team:
Luminara 4*, 50, VI
JC 4*, 50, VII
Barriss Offee 4*, 50, VI
Chewie, 4*, 47, IV
Lando, 4*, 47, V

Sitting on the Bench, severly undergeared and leveled but probably of interest are:
Resistance Pilot (2* lvl 44)
Ewok Elder (3* lvl 44)
Datcha (4* lvl 44)
and Ahsoka (3*) and Biggs (2*) both at level 1

My Dark Side Team:
GS 4*, 50, VI
Sid, 4*, 50, VI
Daka, 4* 50, V
Talia, 4* 47, V
Asajj 4*, 47, IV

The Dark Side Bench is:
Darth Maul (4*, 47)
IG-86 (1*,42)
Royal Guard (2* 38)
Greedo (2* 38)
Tie-Pilot (1* 1)

So now what to do? There are a few things really lacking at the moment. My light side team doesn't really have a punch, I have no counters or turn meter manipulation and only one assist. And I need tanks, can't even survive round two of the second tank challenge and the First Order Storm Trooper Shards just won't drop for me.

I see a couple of options at the moment and would really appreciate some feedback from you guys.

In Cantina I'm torn between farmin QGJ, Poe or Fives. For GW I'm pending towards Phasm but Poggle also caught my attention. In Arena I still focus on Sid but ST Han could be an option. Still farming Dooku but really having bad luck with his shards :(

Any Ideas for a good start?

Replies

• Having read a lot of opinions on here hoping to get a clearer picture too, the number one idea really is to 7* characters one at a time.

From what you have, I'd star up Sid in Arena, Lumi in GW, as for Cantina... I honestly wouldn't know (I'm not a Poe fan).
    One thing is for sure - grind up GS! I've seen a noticable difference in my team thanks to him, with Sid in the lead.
  • First I would sort out your tanks so you can complete the tank events as those gear pieces will come in handy

Light side: As you already have them I would focus on Asoka and resistance pilot. From what I have read RP packs a punch and Asoka when she is Gear 7 with some stars does well (I have her at Gear 7, 4 Star, Level 63 now and does well in my light side missions

From your options here are the picks I would have
    Catana Shipments - Poe - you need a tank and at high levels with the right team he can be a beast
    Arena - Sid - until he is 7*
    GW - I would get Lumi Up personally (I have her gear 7, level 63, 7 Stars, and is used everywhere that I can)
    Catana Missions - You have another option here.....I am focusing on the one mission that drops Geo Shards. In about 1.5 weeks have taken him to 4* and will take him to 7* before I switch
    Light / Dark farming - I personally think Gear is more important than stars so always focus on gear instead of hard mission sims to get shards. Really a personal choice
  • GS already is my top priority ;) All my cantina energy flows into him, if just his drop rate was a little higher... Sid and Lumi are the next ones to 7* for sure.

Still, I wonder if I would benefit the most from Phasm / Poggle or from Poe, Fives or QGJ. I'm really missing DPS/assists and tanks.
  • Guess it depends on a few things...
    1. Do you spend money
    2. the time you have

Im a Free player so to scrap 1/2 people now would hurt my rankings and i depend on those rankings to continue to build at the rate I am....

Here is my plan now
    Cantina missions - Geo until 7*
    Cantina ship - Daka until 7*
    Arena - Sid until 7*
    GW - Just got Lumi to 7* so switched to Dascha as he is 4* and My light side team needs a little help so I can complete my light side missions

My 5th guy I have been using JC....But long term he will be replaced with a high damage someone......
  • Zeitgeist
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    What about the following ideas?

Arena:
    Get ST Han to 4* first, tank with great turn meter gains and for the tank challenge. Then take Sid to 7*.

GW:
    Get Phasma to 4*, then Lumi to 7*. Turn meter manipulation and lots of assists for my dark side team.

Cantina:
    Not sure here yet. What about getting QGJ to 7* first, he seems better then Ahsoka and since both are available at the Cantina I'd need to choose. That would give me the needed DPS for light side because getting the Resistance Pilot would postpone Phasma and Lumi. Or should I just go straight
    Poe or Fives as a tank? I could then ignore ST Han and go straight for a 7* Sid?.

By the way, is a team of Phasma and Han as good as it sounds? You sure need a healer but all that turn meter gain sounds tempting. First Order Storm Trooper would be another tank option but without shipments will take ages to farm.
    Post edited by Zeitgeist on
  • Worth a try? Just found out the hard way that without further investment my campaign progression is severly hindered and I'm not sure if I should invest in Chewie when I can have a better tank option.
  • Chewey is useless in the Arena with so many Sids (I have Chewy at gear 7, level 63, 5*. I won't be upgrading him anymore!)

Poe is a much better option as a tank

Your options are viable - it's a choice you need to make