Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Prev13456715
Maraxus
821 posts Member
edited January 2017
lr7lfqm5sor8.png

It is annoying to be out of top 3 while soloing rancor and not being able to do anything about it... Soon the whole guid will solo... Could you guys come up with a other way of sorting people when we tie than the player ID.. Could be fastest damage or less hits done to achieve it or whatever... Could even be everyone same rewards...

But being unable to improve ones ranking due to some player ID issue is quite annoying.

@CG_Kozispoon

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• I agree. It's very unfair. Should go by the first person to reach the score
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    +1
  • If you are able to solo the raid u should get top rewards .. ie everyone soloing it gets first place.. and only when u solo (to prevent one solo and 49 zeroes)
  • Just don't Allow to Solo Raid and it will be fine
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Just change your name xD
  • Haihs wrote: »
    Just change your name xD
    It's not player name but player id
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Akiraine wrote: »
    If you are able to solo the raid u should get top rewards .. ie everyone soloing it gets first place.. and only when u solo (to prevent one solo and 49 zeroes)

+1

Any and all who solo get first place. It should be a no brainer
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I think all non-0 damage scores that tie should get the same rewards. (In this case 1st place rewards) Handling 0's as they do now is fine.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    DarthScott wrote: »
    I think all non-0 damage scores that tie should get the same rewards. (In this case 1st place rewards) Handling 0's as they do now is fine.

I have to agree with this. One person can Solo the whole rancor raid and force everyone getting 0's meaning everyone besides the person who solo'd would get 2nd place rewards. In other words, exploits will be present more than ever.
  • Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I agree. It's very unfair. Should go by the first person to reach the score

Agreed! First person who posts the score is how it should work, and same for 0s.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • DarthScott wrote: »

I have to disagree with this. One person can Solo the whole rancor raid and force everyone getting 0's meaning everyone besides the person who solo'd would get 2nd place rewards. In other words, exploits will be present more than ever.

That is why I said only non 0 damage scores should be treated this way.
  • DarthScott wrote: »

I have to disagree with this. One person can Solo the whole rancor raid and force everyone getting 0's meaning everyone besides the person who solo'd would get 2nd place rewards. In other words, exploits will be present more than ever.

That is why I said only non 0 damage scores should be treated this way.

Haha, I meant agree, not sure why I put disagree. I fixed it though!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member

I have to agree with this. One person can Solo the whole rancor raid and force everyone getting 0's meaning everyone besides the person who solo'd would get 2nd place rewards. In other words, exploits will be present more than ever.

0's are currently based on player ID as well, he was suggesting leaving 0's the way they are now so that not everyone with 0 gets the same rewards. That way only people with non-zero scores that tied end up with the same rewards because they actually did something to contribute.

Agreed! First person who posts the score is how it should work, and same for 0s.

I don't like speed as the tiebreaker because almost all guilds leave raids open for a long time to let people get on the leaderboard. So speed as the tiebreaker is weird
  • Honestly it could be random... So long as anyone has a fair shot...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

I don't like speed as the tiebreaker because almost all guilds leave raids open for a long time to let people get on the leaderboard. So speed as the tiebreaker is weird

It's a better tie-breaker than player ID because at least it's player controlled and not computer controlled.
    Other tie-breakers would probably be much harder to implement and honestly probably a bit obscure like the "least hits to obtain the damage" is weird and probably much harder to implement. Same with anything like "most hp/protection left at the end" they'd all be hard to code where as speed is easy because all of the battles are time stamped in pretty much every thing in game.

This. Even people who post 0 shouldn't be punished for have a lousy player ID. Lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • First come first serve

The person who logs damage first in a tie should get the higher rank

Same for zero damage , early bird catches the worm
  • Omg it s incredible
  • Until EA can figure out how to program, you guys could take turns at the top...assuming you have good people. Do it something like this...

1. Solo
    2. Solo -10% of P4
    3. Solo -20% of P4
    4. Solo -30% of P4
    5. Solo -40% of P4

Once a player hits a mark they try to pull their characters out or just do silly things to die early.

Something like that should work and be fair. Rotate the top spots like many do in arena. Pretty simple.

All of that said, I think it should be the first person to the score. That's what EA said would happen in tournaments. But, I could also argue that for the people that solo Rancor, they should all get first place rewards. This would only apply for solos, not other places so people don't take advantage and post zeroes etc.
  • A similar problem also showed up at the end of November for guild rankings. UniKøRns reached a point total for 4th place. Then a few hours later, Team Instinct posted the same point total. UniKøRns finished in 5th because of the guild id (guessing). UniKøRns beat Team Instinct to the point score but they somehow finish ahead? That's not right. Granted, awards don't matter in this case but it becomes the principle of the thing.
  • May I ask why? I feel like if you can solo the Rancor Raid, you aren't really in need of the rewards.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    May I ask why? I feel like if you can solo the Rancor Raid, you aren't really in need of the rewards.

Pretty sure everyone needs gear. I solo rancor easily, but need tons of gear
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    May I ask why? I feel like if you can solo the Rancor Raid, you aren't really in need of the rewards.
    All of it is needed! Even the silly Han Solo shards are needed to turn into the shard shop for farming new characters that are put in there. It all gets used!
  • Please fix the current system an make it like the Guild Activites Contribution Board! No one complains about that ranking system.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Limit your squads to 4 toons per attack
  • How about make the raid more difficult. The fact that we are all soloing an entire raid is just stupid. Increase the tenacity of the boss by +5% after each tm reduction and/or whatever else it takes to keep this from occurring.
  • Using player ID as a criteria for reward placement is lazy programming and patently unfair. Use something the player had influence over not a randomly assigned number that screws over the same player every time just because of something randomly assigned when you started player by the game.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Until EA can figure out how to program, you guys could take turns at the top...assuming you have good people. Do it something like this...

1. Solo
    2. Solo -10% of P4
    3. Solo -20% of P4
    4. Solo -30% of P4
    5. Solo -40% of P4

Once a player hits a mark they try to pull their characters out or just do silly things to die early.

Something like that should work and be fair. Rotate the top spots like many do in arena. Pretty simple.

All of that said, I think it should be the first person to the score. That's what EA said would happen in tournaments. But, I could also argue that for the people that solo Rancor, they should all get first place rewards. This would only apply for solos, not other places so people don't take advantage and post zeroes etc.

We do rancor every 2 days... And I full auto mode... It would be a pain to have someone loose time to coordinate all that "rotation" for a guild... Better have them fix the coding!
  • Change your name to AAA and you will come out on top