Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Here here..i have solod a few now and in my guild my id nets me number one with the others that can solo..the rewards are not good at all..i was getting several fully crafted gear when in the 8 to 15 rank..now at rank 1 all i get is salvage i have 100s of
  • I think a new difficulty level might be the best way.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    I think a new difficulty level might be the best way.

Whys that? I like the raid being over in 10min...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kortan wrote: »
    Here here..i have solod a few now and in my guild my id nets me number one with the others that can solo..the rewards are not good at all..i was getting several fully crafted gear when in the 8 to 15 rank..now at rank 1 all i get is salvage i have 100s of
    Okay... then stop soloing and purposely try escaping much earlier so you don't rank 1 since the rewards are worse than rank 15
  • Kortan
    58 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kortan wrote: »
    Here here..i have solod a few now and in my guild my id nets me number one with the others that can solo..the rewards are not good at all..i was getting several fully crafted gear when in the 8 to 15 rank..now at rank 1 all i get is salvage i have 100s of
    Okay... then stop soloing and purposely try escaping much earlier so you don't rank 1 since the rewards are worse than rank 15

Yeah thats my next plan..im at 4 solos now so im gonna switch it up..and try that next..i mean to me its not a big deal so much on gear..because im a moderate spender and if i need it i will buy it..its just the reward structure that irks me sometimes
  • +1
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I finally solo'd the raid today and placed 7th... -_-
  • The rewards for a raid should be strictly guide coins and character shards (lots of coins). Then, make all gear always abailable in guild shop so you can buy what you need and not get junk you don't. It's really that easy.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    I finally solo'd the raid today and placed 7th... -_-

My first ever solo netted me 11th with furnace salvage and MKIV carbs...something definitely needs to be done.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon a timeline on this would be very helpful. We've only heard the generic 'we're working on it', and while we all appreciate your efforts on this, people would like to stop getting non-1st place rewards when they deserve 1st place rewards.

Personally, I'm tired of getting pushed out of the top 10 when I can auto solo the raid in 12 mins. Others are in very similar situations.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Maybe if enough of us contact customer service asking for a new Player ID, this issue might just register.
  • slamaMC
    139 posts Member
    I do not understand what investigating is needed. Its obviously an unfair tie breaker. Just make it random.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    It really should change, the sooner the better to stop all the squabbling or possible it's making people leave guilds
  • Guild currency it like stated above
  • Make it just pure RNG, the people saying that everyone should get the first place prize are crazy
  • Just use the p1 champion run setup. Then it goes from whomever has the highest ascii to who has the strongest Kylo.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    The rewards for a raid should be strictly guide coins and character shards (lots of coins). Then, make all gear always abailable in guild shop so you can buy what you need and not get junk you don't. It's really that easy.

Except that doesn't solve the problem of the person with the lowest id who solos always getting more coins than the person with the 20th highest id who also solos.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    slamaMC wrote: »
    I do not understand what investigating is needed. Its obviously an unfair tie breaker. Just make it random.

I understand what you mean, but it's not really unfair, it's a completely random value assigned to you when you account was created, it is rng.

Random is no better. You are still not going to get a prize you didn't earn by scoring the maximum amount of points.

Other ties could be handled this way, but the fact that 3 people who score the maximum allowable points get 3 different prizes is a little crazy.
  • Just rank according to who registered first.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just rank according to who registered first.

This creates a difficult situation for guilds posting 0 damage. Many people will preload damage and post at a specific time and posting early messes with the rest of the guild and now it becomes a race of who can post first, and not mess with others. Just a rough gamble.
  • The rewards for a raid should be strictly guide coins and character shards (lots of coins). Then, make all gear always abailable in guild shop so you can buy what you need and not get junk you don't. It's really that easy.

Getting rid of drops from raids sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Yeah, we all want the gear. Yes, it's hard to get. That's EXACTLY why letting people pick their own sounds foolish to me. RNG is the most frustrating thing about these games... and also the only thing that keeps them interesting.

If you get rid of the frustration, you get rid of the fun.

• There is not really a fair way to rank people once you start getting several players soloing the raid. What ever method used someone will come top and someone else 5, 10 or whatever the lowest rank is for the number of people who can solo.

The devs may do something, but those complaining now will likely be complaining about the new way as there will still only be one person coming top and odds are it won't be them. If the rewards are more evenly distributed the rewards will be most likely ranked down and not up so people will complain about still not getting the higher rewards.

The way I see it if you are unhappy with being able to solo a raid and not get high rewards there are plenty of guilds who if you joined you would be top. If you do not want to leave your guild then the rewards can't be that much of a problem as something more important is keeping you in the guild.
  • Once Vader is fixed in heroic rancor, there will be less solo's. Problem solved. You're currently benefitting from a bug, so stop being greedy.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    There is not really a fair way to rank people once you start getting several players soloing the raid. What ever method used someone will come top and someone else 5, 10 or whatever the lowest rank is for the number of people who can solo.

The devs may do something, but those complaining now will likely be complaining about the new way as there will still only be one person coming top and odds are it won't be them. If the rewards are more evenly distributed the rewards will be most likely ranked down and not up so people will complain about still not getting the higher rewards.

The way I see it if you are unhappy with being able to solo a raid and not get high rewards there are plenty of guilds who if you joined you would be top. If you do not want to leave your guild then the rewards can't be that much of a problem as something more important is keeping you in the guild.

I don't think you understand the problem. if 5 guys solo every raid, the same guy always finishes 1st and the other guy always finishes 5th. Ofcourse some players want #1 place rewards for all 5 and won't be happy until they get exactly that, but simply having a non-predetermined deciding factor to determine who finishes #1 instead of the currently pre-determined player ID system is good enough for me (and i assume others aswell).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Once Vader is fixed in heroic rancor, there will be less solo's. Problem solved. You're currently benefitting from a bug, so stop being greedy.

Yes,but jyn will also be farmable by the time this happens so we will be back to multiple solos again.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    There is not really a fair way to rank people once you start getting several players soloing the raid. What ever method used someone will come top and someone else 5, 10 or whatever the lowest rank is for the number of people who can solo.

I don't think you understand the problem. if 5 guys solo every raid, the same guy always finishes 1st and the other guy always finishes 5th. Ofcourse some players want #1 place rewards for all 5 and won't be happy until they get exactly that, but simply having a non-predetermined deciding factor to determine who finishes #1 instead of the currently pre-determined player ID system is good enough for me (and i assume others aswell).

This ^^

I would prefer for solos they all get 1st place rewards, because they are literally getting all the possible points. I will accept the shuffle of rng but we know how "fair" the rng is in this game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Once Vader is fixed in heroic rancor, there will be less solo's. Problem solved. You're currently benefitting from a bug, so stop being greedy.

Yes,but jyn will also be farmable by the time this happens so we will be back to multiple solos again.

OK. You got me. Guess we better fix ties. Just a little jaded about all these people taking advantage of a broken Toon, and still find it OK to complain.
  • The way most competitions work in case of a tie is either:
    a) a tie breaker
    b) all rewards of tied places added together and split.

I'm in favor of the second one personally, but that's hard to do in this situation. If everyone got 1st place, that's a whole bunch of extra gear they got off of a boss. How much stuff he has shouldn't change based on how much you overkill him, so I certainly am not in favor of everyone getting #1 rewards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

OK. You got me. Guess we better fix ties. Just a little jaded about all these people taking advantage of a broken Toon, and still find it OK to complain.

wasn't this issue raised long before zVader was bugged?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

wasn't this issue raised long before zVader was bugged?

I think you're right, it just wasn't nearly as prevalent conversation as it is now because of a bugged zader. Don't side step my point, please. Many people are upset even though they're benefitting from a bugged zader. Just selfish imo.