Can we get a different tie breaker than player ID for raid?

Replies

• Stalbot wrote: »
    Change your name to AAA and you will come out on top

It's not the name it's the player ID
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Until EA can figure out how to program, you guys could take turns at the top...assuming you have good people. Do it something like this...

1. Solo
    2. Solo -10% of P4
    3. Solo -20% of P4
    4. Solo -30% of P4
    5. Solo -40% of P4

Once a player hits a mark they try to pull their characters out or just do silly things to die early.

Something like that should work and be fair. Rotate the top spots like many do in arena. Pretty simple.

All of that said, I think it should be the first person to the score. That's what EA said would happen in tournaments. But, I could also argue that for the people that solo Rancor, they should all get first place rewards. This would only apply for solos, not other places so people don't take advantage and post zeroes etc.

We do rancor every 2 days... And I full auto mode... It would be a pain to have someone loose time to coordinate all that "rotation" for a guild... Better have them fix the coding!

Like I said at the beginning of my reply...until EA can learn how to program. In regards to your comment that it would be better to have them fix the coding....did you read the first sentence I wrote?

Ummmm, yeah, maybe EA can fix this just like they fixed TEEBO. Good luck holding your breath.
  • No bc one day I'll have time to do a pit raid and my ID is higher than you pez and Scott lol
  • +1
    Its unfair how a player ID can put you in an advantage over others... maybe run it similiarily to how Guild Activity is run?
  • Gungnir75 wrote: »
    No bc one day I'll have time to do a pit raid and my ID is higher than you pez and Scott lol

Josh will still beat you! ;)
  • @Maraxus nothing but truth there haha
  • Please fix the current system an make it like the Guild Activites Contribution Board! No one complains about that ranking system.

+1
  • When guild hopping, doing this or that with things, etc are the norm, it should be expected to have to deal with things when you advance in the game faster than intended.
    Until EA can figure out how to program, you guys could take turns at the top...assuming you have good people. Do it something like this...

1. Solo
    2. Solo -10% of P4
    3. Solo -20% of P4
    4. Solo -30% of P4
    5. Solo -40% of P4

Once a player hits a mark they try to pull their characters out or just do silly things to die early.

Something like that should work and be fair. Rotate the top spots like many do in arena. Pretty simple.

All of that said, I think it should be the first person to the score. That's what EA said would happen in tournaments. But, I could also argue that for the people that solo Rancor, they should all get first place rewards. This would only apply for solos, not other places so people don't take advantage and post zeroes etc.

We do rancor every 2 days... And I full auto mode... It would be a pain to have someone loose time to coordinate all that "rotation" for a guild... Better have them fix the coding!

What squad are you using that you solo it on auto?
  • danrussoa wrote: »
    When guild hopping, doing this or that with things, etc are the norm, it should be expected to have to deal with things when you advance in the game faster than intended.

Go back to your cave ;)

1. Solo
    2. Solo -10% of P4
    3. Solo -20% of P4
    4. Solo -30% of P4
    5. Solo -40% of P4

What squad are you using that you solo it on auto?

There are many of them (which is why so many people are doing it now)

Zader lead empire team
    Wiggs with jyn chirrut (my favorite)
    Teebo dengar (old school)
    danrussoa wrote: »
    When guild hopping, doing this or that with things, etc are the norm, it should be expected to have to deal with things when you advance in the game faster than intended.

Go back to your cave ;)

Point was valid, despite your winky reply. When corporate guilds, like yours, push the envelope to completely max out everything as fast as possible, it is illogical to then complain about the game not progressing fast enough to compensate for this. I don't believe the devs planned on an entire guild maxxing a raid.
    Maraxus wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

Point was valid, despite your winky reply. When corporate guilds, like yours, push the envelope to completely max out everything as fast as possible, it is illogical to then complain about the game not progressing fast enough to compensate for this. I don't believe the devs planned on an entire guild maxxing a raid.

I disagree. Jyn, Bistan, and zeta Vader are all recent additions to the game. All of them provide excellent tm reduction. CG had to have known the impact these chars would have on the ability to solo the rancor raid. You hardly have to push the envelope to solo rancor at this point, the power creep on the characters has made it pretty easy.
  • DarthScott wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

I disagree. Jyn, Bistan, and zeta Vader are all recent additions to the game. All of them provide excellent tm reduction. CG had to have known the impact these chars would have on the ability to solo the rancor raid. You hardly have to push the envelope to solo rancor at this point, the power creep on the characters has made it pretty easy.

In fairness, the original point of simply changing the ranking structure for ties is probably valid to some degree, if it is based on ABC order or something. I don't get that far into the details to know.

The fact remains the corporate guilds try to do everything possible to be first, evidenced by the plethora of world first posts since inception, and again, catching up to the devs and asking for changes seems illogical overall, given the lengths some will go to be first.
  • Stalbot wrote: »
    Change your name to AAA and you will come out on top

Troll?

Go back to your cave ;)

"Corporate guild". That's clever. Did you come up with that one all on your own?

Fact is, mulyiple teams exist where you can solo a raid. Teebo and Dengar are ftp. Zader, if you worked on ships, can be yours, too. Corporate or working class guild, it doesn't matter. Most teams can be had at this point provided you had enough foresight to see this type of thing coming.
    DarthScott wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

In fairness, the original point of simply changing the ranking structure for ties is probably valid to some degree, if it is based on ABC order or something. I don't get that far into the details to know.

The fact remains the corporate guilds try to do everything possible to be first, evidenced by the plethora of world first posts since inception, and again, catching up to the devs and asking for changes seems illogical overall, given the lengths some will go to be first.

Our "corporate guild" is havin this issue today, in 2 weeks it's already gonna be more people, in a month it's gonna be top 20 guilds...

So many team can solo rancor nowadays that as soon as many people get access to zeta, it will be a joke...

So you should actually thank us to try to anticipate an global issue rather than bring again the bitterness you have against us.

Yeah we are first to have this problem, we are also reporting it to avoid it becoming a major problem for dev soon...

Do you really think I care if I'm #1 or 10 in rancor? However I know some people do, and will get frustrated if they spent 50 min manually soloing rancor and end up out of top 3 for stupid reason.

Try to see the bigger picture for a moment and get out of your "let's troll TI cause they didn't forum post" mood
  • Glapi
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Thx for killing me in gw
    ZdmrFL.png
  • I wouldnt go speed race to finish determines order. With 0 damage phase, u know people will jump the start time.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    If they let the current system up and running, then it's between the players to name one, who is allowed to get #1 - #5 (aka "you go for full finish, you go between 80-99% P4, next one 60-79% P4, and so on).
    Other guilds, where no on can solo Rancor, they also pick guys, who are allowed to start the Rancor, to make sure, they have the top spot at payout. All others start in P2.

If they change it, what I appreciate, they can either make it random (if several people have the same damage): So it matches the whole game mechanics (RNG)
    They can still consider to exclude the 0damage guys, or not.

Another way is, to give the same reward to players, that share the same payout (as in guild dailies).
    But this can somehow be abused and there is more work involved in just changing the way, rewards are paid.
    This way can be very complex to solve, therefore I would vote for "completely random": You still have the option to solve it your way, by trying to limit damage or work together as a guild.

Btw, I am always #1 if there is a tie. "-3" are the first two digits of my players ID. Even if I do 0damage, I still have the top spot there (#25 to #35), which is always better than others. This is a small imbalance, even if everybody has a small chance of getting a full piece
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Akiraine wrote: »
    If you are able to solo the raid u should get top rewards .. ie everyone soloing it gets first place.. and only when u solo (to prevent one solo and 49 zeroes)

I can agree with this, just make it a tie for any non 0 score, and place the next score at the position #. I.e. 3 people solo, all get #1 reward and next person gets #4 reward.
  • Glapi wrote: »
    Thx for killing me in gw
    ZdmrFL.png

that's maraxus! killing your teams in gw since 2016 :wink:
  • sying wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

"Corporate guild". That's clever. Did you come up with that one all on your own?

Fact is, mulyiple teams exist where you can solo a raid. Teebo and Dengar are ftp. Zader, if you worked on ships, can be yours, too. Corporate or working class guild, it doesn't matter. Most teams can be had at this point provided you had enough foresight to see this type of thing coming.

Yes.
    sying wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

Yes, came up with Corporate Guild all on my own.

Working Class Guild. Can I borrow that? It's freaking awesome!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I always thought ties go to person who reached score first
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    J0K3R wrote: »
    I always thought ties go to person who reached score first

Not on raids. When teams implement the 0 damage rule, it always comes up in the same order.

We did a low lvl raid when there was issues with the raid reward "hoping fix" and everyone soloed and put us in the same order.
    DarthScott wrote: »

Go back to your cave ;)

Our "corporate guild" is havin this issue today, in 2 weeks it's already gonna be more people, in a month it's gonna be top 20 guilds...

So many team can solo rancor nowadays that as soon as many people get access to zeta, it will be a joke...

So you should actually thank us to try to anticipate an global issue rather than bring again the bitterness you have against us.

Yeah we are first to have this problem, we are also reporting it to avoid it becoming a major problem for dev soon...

Do you really think I care if I'm #1 or 10 in rancor? However I know some people do, and will get frustrated if they spent 50 min manually soloing rancor and end up out of top 3 for **** reason.

Try to see the bigger picture for a moment and get out of your "let's troll TI cause they didn't forum post" mood

I see big picture 20/20. The only negative feelings I have towards your guild were created by the intentionally condescending remarks of some, and the rash of back-slapping threads we had for awhile. You guys are good for the game in some regards. In others, like celebrating sniping other guilds better players, probably not so much.

You have to own the tag of corporate guild when people have to fill out an application to join. ;)

I ceded the point of rankings being given out by number or alphabetical order being bad, in an otherwise RNG driven game already.
  • Glapi wrote: »
    Thx for killing me in gw
    ZdmrFL.png

Sorry :(
  • Thanks for bringing this subject forward. As more and more guilds run into this issue, it would be nice to have the tiebreaker adjusted.
    lr7lfqm5sor8.png

It is annoying to be out of top 3 while soloing rancor and not being able to do anything about it... Soon the whole guid will solo... Could you guys come up with a other way of sorting people when we tie than the player ID.. Could be fastest damage or less hits done to achieve it or whatever... Could even be everyone same rewards...

But being unable to improve ones ranking due to some player ID issue is quite annoying.

@CG_Kozispoon

Thanks in advance!

+1
  • We had a couple Solo Rancor today and "m" got #1 while "i" got #2. So not sure it's alphabetical. But I don't know what determines either, it would be good to know.