Who's 5th in QGJ zeta team?

I'm close to my 1st zeta and I'm between saving it for new abilities to come or give it to Qui-Gon cause I really love Jedis.

So,in case I choose the second option I'd really like your guys opinion on who to run as my fifth. The standard are

QGJ (l)
Ani
Aayla
Yoda(for tenacity)

Now the toons I'm between for 5th are:
Ashoka
Rex
Palpatine
B2

Ashoka is a Jedi so it's obvious why is a choice there.I run the other 3 in my current pvp team (along with ani and aayla)and each of them plays a crucial role:Rex dispels and gives tenacity up,palps stun and,more importantly,shocks b2 and others so they can't heal from chirrut' special or barris' zeta and b2...well you know why.

All the above are g11-except b2 who's g10 and rather fast(not extremely but still)

Opinions??

Thanks!

Replies

• Don't listen to the dude above, especially if you enjoy jedi. Gotta have fun in the game right? Following everyone else, or going for "dis da besst squad evar fer dis monthzzz" is boring. On offense you stomp anything not named maul zeta & annoying chaze squads, and it's a whole lot of fun to play.
  • Ideally GK would fit the spot best. But you prolly don't have him judging by your options listed. I run shore as my 5th for now. He really helps the the team's survivability. Being as they will usually either have a taunt up, foresight, and/or crit immunity.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Don't run Zarriss with Shore whatever you do

Lol, so tell me about this TiTo squad I've been hearing about. I plan on dropping a zeta on all my jedi, so Barris is next. Is it the GK L, zarris, 5s, b2, aayla squad?
  • Hey guys appreciate the feedback but you haven't actually answered me lol!

And obviously I don't have GK otherwise the 5th wouldn't be an issue :smiley:
  • Swap ahsoka for yoda and make the fifth a good taunter. Shoretrooper, sun fac, baze, royal guard, scarif are all decent choices to fill out the fifth spot. Swap yoda in for ahsoka when you run into a team where you need tenacity, such as any lineup with palpatine or tie pilot
    Don't do QG! Way too easy to counter, trust me. Shock JKA, kill QG, kill JKA, shock the rest to prevent foresight, retire the side. Meanwhile they just try to tickle you to death. Empire will spank them easily

If you have GK go for Zarriss. Otherwise, go for Maul or Boba. If you lack EP, you have an uphill climb

You're not shocking anybody for first two turns when yoda moves first and grants tenacity up and palpatine is way too squishy to survive much longer after that. I love facing your silly empire teams
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    QGJ Lead, Yoda, JKA, Aayla and Ashoka. You will beat nearly every squad on offense and hold your own on defense. Just make sure Yoda is geared up. That little dude is awesome. Make sure he is modded up to grant tenacity up first. I hope to god an Empire team is sitting in front of me...easy win.
  • Definitely ashoka, she gets benefits from anakin and she'll hit hard
  • Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

I'm having difficulty swapping b2 out... :/
  • I just zeta'd QGJ Tuesday night I had been running same team as you, QGJ, Aayla Ashoka yoda and JKA. i was around rank 200 pvp today i am at 55 and still moving up. Tearing Rebel teams with EP and droid teams up. Barely losing a single team mate its great to show folks there are options besides the clone of Rebel teams out there. Zeta QGJ made a huge difference. Helps in GW as well
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    You will not hold your own defense. I repeat, zQGJ is terrible on defense.

That being said, you should do as you please. Just know, QGJ's zeta will not provide any benefit on defense at all.

There is a player on my shard who runs QGJ, Yoda, Ani, Palp, and Shore. That would be a team to work towards. Honestly, all of your choices aren't that great. An auto tank would be best. B2 or Palp would be okay. I tried Ashoka with GK lead but that didn't work out too well. QGJ lead might be better for all I know. If you choose Rex I'd lose Yoda.

I'm just not seeing any viable options at this point. I'd save the zeta.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'd say you have to go for Ahsoka. Just for the Jedi aspect. Whenever I face B2, I tend to kill it last anyway. The ones I've faced haven't done enough damage during their counters to make me consider otherwise. The buff immunity is occasionally annoying, but hasn't impacted a W/L yet.
    Don't do QG! Way too easy to counter, trust me. Shock JKA, kill QG, kill JKA, shock the rest to prevent foresight, retire the side. Meanwhile they just try to tickle you to death. Empire will spank them easily

If you have GK go for Zarriss. Otherwise, go for Maul or Boba. If you lack EP, you have an uphill climb

You're not shocking anybody for first two turns when yoda moves first and grants tenacity up and palpatine is way too squishy to survive much longer after that. I love facing your silly empire teams

I agree, Plus EP is so slow when he doesn't gain tm from shocks or his stun. I run QGJ Zeta, yoda, ahsoka, jka, and St Han. my Yoda has 260 speed, pops tenacity up on first turn. TFP drops his aoe, it's all resisted. burn down tfp. then switch to JKA if there is one and leave EP for third (depending on the team). My yoda is so fast that he can get tenacity up again while St han is still taunting. Empire teams are cake for QGJ zeta
  • kodias wrote: »
    TommySitt wrote: »

I agree, Plus EP is so slow when he doesn't gain tm from shocks or his stun. I run QGJ Zeta, yoda, ahsoka, jka, and St Han. my Yoda has 260 speed, pops tenacity up on first turn. TFP drops his aoe, it's all resisted. burn down tfp. then switch to JKA if there is one and leave EP for third (depending on the team). My yoda is so fast that he can get tenacity up again while St han is still taunting. Empire teams are cake for QGJ zeta

Interesting. First move Yoda spreads tenacity and foresight. Next move, my TFP gets rid of all foresight with his aoe. GK's negotiator grants everyone retribution. I'm assuming STH next. My EP goes. I'm not an **** so I let the hate flow so I don't damage STH. If EP goes first I still do that because tenacity is up anyway. JKA does his aoe and my whole team attacks STH. SF debuffs and EP shocks. At some point QGJ and Ashoka will go and get countered. When Yoda goes again he'll pull his aoe and my team will do the same against him as they did against STH. He will be useless after that. Now I'm free to shock your team and debuff with TFP. My team 5-0s your team within minutes. Even the time out teams designed to last the full five minutes will beat yours within a few minutes.

A zeta on QGJ does not help as much as a zeta on Vader, Maul, or even Barriss. Given the choice I will attack a zQGJ team, and win every single time.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    sying wrote: »
    kodias wrote: »

Interesting. First move Yoda spreads tenacity and foresight. Next move, my TFP gets rid of all foresight with his aoe. GK's negotiator grants everyone retribution. I'm assuming STH next. My EP goes. I'm not an **** so I let the hate flow so I don't damage STH. If EP goes first I still do that because tenacity is up anyway. JKA does his aoe and my whole team attacks STH. SF debuffs and EP shocks. At some point QGJ and Ashoka will go and get countered. When Yoda goes again he'll pull his aoe and my team will do the same against him as they did against STH. He will be useless after that. Now I'm free to shock your team and debuff with TFP. My team 5-0s your team within minutes. Even the time out teams designed to last the full five minutes will beat yours within a few minutes.

A zeta on QGJ does not help as much as a zeta on Vader, Maul, or even Barriss. Given the choice I will attack a zQGJ team, and win every single time.

And then you'll lose when we play you on defense. I target empire teams expect for the rare one where a Zader has a faster tfp than my yoda. Your point about defense mattering is moot.
  • I think it's pretty apparent that neither your nor my team will automatically hold position. My point is, Zader and Zaul teams have a much easier time holding position. If you don't mind having to win back 5, 10, or even 20 positions every day then by all means use the zeta on QGJ and fight away. But if you like constantly staying in the top ten, five or even top three and having a much easier time in arena then don't waste your time putting a zeta on QGJ and use it where it do some good.

I seriously don't understand how you're not understanding my argument. zQGJ teams are relatively easy to kill for all teams and you will be targeted way more often than not.

The only toon that's a bigger waste of a zeta is chewie.
  • sying wrote: »
    I think it's pretty apparent that neither your nor my team will automatically hold position. My point is, Zader and Zaul teams have a much easier time holding position. If you don't mind having to win back 5, 10, or even 20 positions every day then by all means use the zeta on QGJ and fight away. But if you like constantly staying in the top ten, five or even top three and having a much easier time in arena then don't waste your time putting a zeta on QGJ and use it where it do some good.

I seriously don't understand how you're not understanding my argument. zQGJ teams are relatively easy to kill for all teams and you will be targeted way more often than not.

I'm not sure that I can take your argument seriously after you say this is the second worst zeta behind chewie. His zeta and swapping him for Anakin as leader is the big reason I've been able to consistently cash out in the top 5 on my shard. There's certainly worse zetas out there.

As far as dropping rank goes, a lot of that depends on your shard. If there's two teams in your top twenty that run a qui gon zeta everyone else runs a wiggs or empire team, then it makes sense that you would drop rank more. This isn't because team your team is terrible on defense; it's because you get targeted more because your team looks different. Empire has become pretty meta and so your empire team probably won't drop as much rank simply because it blends in with the rest of the crowd.

Bottom line is you can fight yourself into first place using a qui gon zeta lead. You can beat most teams on offense and its good enough on defense to where you will start in a position in which you will be able to fight back to number one that day.
  • QGJ z has the advantage of a good accompanying toolbox. I add Aayla, GK, and Ahsoka as mainstays and rotate in Yoda or Ani depending on the opponent. I beat everything on O pretty easily - Vader z, Maul z, empire teams, rebel teams, Chase... D it falls maybe 10 spots overnight. Big deal. So don't be discouraged by the negativity. QGJ z is fun and if it's what you want to play, do it. It's totally viable.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I think it's pretty apparent that neither your nor my team will automatically hold position. My point is, Zader and Zaul teams have a much easier time holding position. If you don't mind having to win back 5, 10, or even 20 positions every day then by all means use the zeta on QGJ and fight away. But if you like constantly staying in the top ten, five or even top three and having a much easier time in arena then don't waste your time putting a zeta on QGJ and use it where it do some good.

I'm not sure that I can take your argument seriously after you say this is the second worst zeta behind chewie. His zeta and swapping him for Anakin as leader is the big reason I've been able to consistently cash out in the top 5 on my shard. There's certainly worse zetas out there.

Lol, yeah I exaggerated a little too much there. I would certainly zeta QGJ before Phasma, and Asajj at least. I equate a zQGJ to Kylo. Long ago, believe it or not, he wasn't a terrible toon. I loved going up against Dooku pre protection and pre counters going to taunts. Having reset abilities half the time was pretty cool. I made it to #1 on a daily basis. But having Kylo put a target on my back. Not because he was a bad toon but because people perceived it that way.

The same holds true for zQGJ. On paper, he's pretty BA. In game, he puts a target on your back. And it's not because he's different. It's because people have already figured out it's really easy to beat.

But I digress. It's your choice. I used Kylo because I enjoyed it. Use your QGJ.

Lol, yeah I exaggerated a little too much there. I would certainly zeta QGJ before Phasma, and Asajj at least. I equate a zQGJ to Kylo. Long ago, believe it or not, he wasn't a terrible toon. I loved going up against Dooku pre protection and pre counters going to taunts. Having reset abilities half the time was pretty cool. I made it to #1 on a daily basis. But having Kylo put a target on my back. Not because he was a bad toon but because people perceived it that way.

The same holds true for zQGJ. On paper, he's pretty BA. In game, he puts a target on your back. And it's not because he's different. It's because people have already figured out it's really easy to beat.

But I digress. It's your choice. I used Kylo because I enjoyed it. Use your QGJ.

We can agree to disagree here. You can easily cash out in the top 5, sometimes number 1, using QGJ zeta which is my end goal, even though sometimes I may wake up at 15. I don't really like using him as leader, but I like using Jedi and he's about three steps ahead of any other Jedi as far as leader abilities go right now.
  • There's one in my top 10. Stays there pretty consistently. I think it's because there are too many people nervous about fighting it. I have no issue with it, running Palp, TFP, STHan, Wiggs. It's easier than just about any shoretrooper squad for me. But it does seem to hold well on my server.
  • I've seen royal Guard used, b2 could be good though. Honestly don't zeta QGJ I had him at the end of GW with a maxed Jedi squad and a zetad yoda as well and my palp, TIE, B2, shore, st Han team demolished them without losing anyone first try.
  • Thank you all for the feedback you are amazing :wink:

I've decided to save it,only because the devs announced an update on February. And that only if another Jedi gets an awesome zeta ability (hoping for Ani). Otherwise, I hope that till then I'll be close to my 2nd- for Yoda and I'll zeta them together for a strong pvp team..!
    kodias wrote: »

Well sure, things change alot when there's a GK in the equation. Fortunately no one on my shard has a GK so I haven't had to modify my team comp facing him. I am also the only zeta'd team on my shard and I'm from a Dec 2015 shard so I guess they are all just behind. The usual empire teams I see are a combination of EP (l), TFP, JKA, Shore, RG, Vader, Boba. I also have some Rex leads with chaze and wiggs which I have no problems facing.

Like most people are mentioning. On Offense I have the ability to work my way back up to number 1. At most I fall to rank 25 and I can reach the top spot on one arena refresh. I don't like the idea of having teams that are unbeatable and can hold their rank on defense. I think that is a flaw in the game and will hopefully be addressed soon by the devs. I enjoy arena battles and making my way back up to 1st spot its more of an accomplishment than just staying there. You have to do three arena battles a day so right there that brings me back to the top 10 I have no problem doing two more after that to get the first spot.

I am now 42/145 for GK and I am really excited to incorporate GK into my Jedi team in the next month and a half. Arena should be about team synergy not just having all the op toons on one team. Lead abilities that are used to give boosts to 2-3 players in my opinion are too strong and should be tuned down so that it is only viable when 4-5 members benefit from the lead ability. QGJ lead is viable and will continue to get stronger and stronger. I can't see the devs ignoring the Jedi's so I am sure that other Jedis will be receiving zetas in the near future. Ahsoka, Jka, Aayla, IGD and other jedis have passives at lvl 7 still so they will likely be receiving zetas at some point. Jedi's are the core of the Star Wars universe so investing in them will never be a waste, the devs are never going to ignore them.