What's the point in running a Dark (Empire) Team?

Prev13
Is the devs intention that all the players should run a Light (rebel) team? I fell like the game is punishing me at every point for choosing to play a dark team (by the way I am the only one in my guild and we are only 4 in top 50 in my shard).

Lets see the facts:

1. Meta for at least the last 6 months is rebels (Wiggs then Chaze)

2. Some said that the empire was meta for a few weeks after Wiggs but lets be honest, less than 1 percent of the total players had/have EP and ST and virtually none of the new players, while everyone and their mama has Wiggs.

3. Not only that Wiggs and Chaze are OP, they actually have abilities that target empire toons while the opposite is not true.

4. You must be strong in light to advance the dark side while the opposite is not true (EP event or Military Might Event). You need jedi for Yoda but for EP you need rebels,****.
If you have the rebels to win those events why would you need the rewards (excepting the credits of course).

5. There are only 10 empire toons for 18 rebels (2 of them are out of reach and 5 of the rest are dog poo)

6. Iconic Empire characters (Tarkin and especially the Stormtrooper ) are a joke while plenty of unknown rebels are way to powerful. Really is Bistan, Wedge, Biggs what comes to mind when you say Star Wars? At least they buffed Bobba, but this is to little to late.

7.The lack of respect the devs show their players. The forum is flooded with threads complaining about Wiggs and asking for more dark/empire toons and their only reaction was the latest event, another occasion to reward players with rebels teams because they really needed that, and punish the rest that still didn't get the memo.

So please anybody tell me one single decision or move the devs took to provide an incentive/purpose/ reward to players using dark. Or really is their plan that everyone should use a light team? (one that includes Wiggs of course).

Replies

• Well one good thing about dark side is that it makes it really easy to 3 star the cantina nodes, because the debuffs are just so good at stopping the AI in its tracks. I 3 starred the last cantina node (8F) with my empire team, and I haven't even beaten light side normal 9A yet.

Also I feel that dark side requires a completely different play style as oppose to light. With wiggs, its all about absolutely murdering your opponents team. With chaze, it's about never dying, and taking the enemy down slowly. With Jedi, it seems to be about all those buffs, and the same as chaze if you run bariss zeta. With empire teams, the goal is none of those. The goal is to control the match by debuffing your enemies to the point they can't do anything, giving TFP/Boba the time they need to pick the opponents off one by one. Control the match: and victory is how I would sum up the dark side, while murder or outlast is how I would sum up the light.

Other than that, there isn't much reason at this point to play dark side. It's great fun if you don't want to follow the meta I like to call 'Rebel Scum' and play in a different way, but other than that there isn't much reason to go to the dark side. Honestly it needs some more love and reason to go there (even resistance got buffed and is now decent).
  • Tbh, since 7* palpatine and getting tfp levelled I hunt wiggs teams in arena - they make most rebel teams easy mode
  • you do know that it is a rebel and empire meta right now, palp shore vader TFP RG are great right now, throw in B2 sun fac or boba. Any mixture of those people is a top tier team
  • Is the devs intention that all the players should run a Light (rebel) team? I fell like the game is punishing me at every point for choosing to play a dark team (by the way I am the only one in my guild and we are only 4 in top 50 in my shard).

Lets see the facts:

1. Meta for at least the last 6 months is rebels (Wiggs then Chaze)

2. Some said that the empire was meta for a few weeks after Wiggs but lets be honest, less than 1 percent of the total players had/have EP and ST and virtually none of the new players, while everyone and their mama has Wiggs.

3. Not only that Wiggs and Chaze are OP, they actually have abilities that target empire toons while the opposite is not true.

4. You must be strong in light to advance the dark side while the opposite is not true (EP event or Military Might Event). You need jedi for Yoda but for EP you need rebels,****.
    If you have the rebels to win those events why would you need the rewards (excepting the credits of course).

5. There are only 10 empire toons for 18 rebels (2 of them are out of reach and 5 of the rest are dog poo)

6. Iconic Empire characters (Tarkin and especially the Stormtrooper ) are a joke while plenty of unknown rebels are way to powerful. Really is Bistan, Wedge, Biggs what comes to mind when you say Star Wars? At least they buffed Bobba, but this is to little to late.

7.The lack of respect the devs show their players. The forum is flooded with threads complaining about Wiggs and asking for more dark/empire toons and their only reaction was the latest event, another occasion to reward players with rebels teams because they really needed that, and punish the rest that still didn't get the memo.

So please anybody tell me one single decision or move the devs took to provide an incentive/purpose/ reward to players using dark. Or really is their plan that everyone should use a light team? (one that includes Wiggs of course).

+1000 devs seems to have some kind of fetish with Rebels, they hate the Empire (it only has like 4 strong toons and Rebels are all BROKEN)
  • I used to run wiggs team with baze, no problem to get top rank at my pay out; however, since GK Zarris combo rolled out on my shard, I decided to switch to the empire team because they wiggs are really being hurt by that combo.

Now I am running EP lead, Boba, TFP, b2, baze, sometimes switch baze with Vedar, it is a great team to fight against the rebels (sometimes a little trouble to deal with chaze combo) and it works really well against the zarris/GK as well.

I'm still in the process to ZETA Vedar, I think it will be more powerful when I get there, also I am also farming Darth Maul, just as a possible good complementary for my empire fraction.
  • "Tbh, since 7* palpatine and getting tfp levelled I hunt wiggs teams in arena - they make most rebel teams easy mode"

"you do know that it is a rebel and empire meta right now, palp shore vader TFP RG are great right now, throw in B2 sun fac or boba. Any mixture of those people is a top tier team"

I adressed these points in my original post but let me reiterate them:

The vast majority of players don't have access to Palp and ST. Palp event is very rare and since i joined in 30 Nov i didn't see any ST event while wedge is easy to farm.

Secondly to get Palp you need strong rebel team, probably better than the dark team you are running. While that may be feasible for high level players is close to impossible for lower players (lack of credits, droids and energy).

And frankly I shouldn't have to be OBLIGATED to have a strong rebel team to develop my dark team.
    Most of the players I fight in my shard have 6-7 * rebels and a few undeveloped dark toons, while I have only managed to raise at 6 * Bobba and TFP because i have to put more that half of my resources in light characters.
    So not only they are OP, i actually have to fight against more developed toons because they can afford to put most of their resources in the toons they are running.

• Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Mmm...

1: Zeta Vader lead
    2: Get better mods
    3: Gear 11 Palp, Boba, ETP
    4: Smash every Rebel team you see.

Don't get me wrong, its stupid how many godly Rebels they have released, but...Properly modded Empire can smash every aspect of the game. Zeta Vader has been my lead in arena since it was possible and I also use it in rancor raid (and that clears all the way to phase 3). Its also pretty nice in tank raid P3.

In short? Rebels are the "easy" way to win. Empire is the advanced option, requiring more limited characters and far better mods. Once you have them however? Whole different game. Also, rebels get mocked by GK/Barriss/5s, while Empire moves them consistently.
  • Okay for the people that responded with Zeta Vader and 7* Palp let me put you (somewhat) new question:

What's the point for a new or a lower level player in running a Dark (Empire) Team

• Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Okay for the people that responded with Zeta Vader and 7* Palp let me put you (somewhat) new question:

What's the point for a new or a lower level player in running a Dark (Empire) Team

Fun.

If you're new or low level, guess what? You have work to do. Not all characters develop at the same rate, or are as effective at similar levels. Sid is a god up to level 60 and gear 7 barrier, then he becomes terrible until you get g11 & level 85.

The game really isnt about levels 1-84, its about the endgame. You can drop your darkside team now, but just know that @85 you'll wish you had them g11 and fully skilled up. Also, if you havent realised that you need a diverse roster for endgame then you're also going to be in trouble.

You will need those rebels either way, so build them. The days of having less than 10 characters that carried you across all game modes are long gone.

Edit: And I repeat- Empire is an endgame team. Harder to build but extremely powerful.
  • Fun.

Unfortunately feeling like you are not only fighting your opponents but also the devs isn't fun. Believe me I wish I could drop my dark team, it would make my life a lot easier. But i can't after I invested so much in it ( and I don't mean resources).

Also I know that I need an diverse rooster, that why I said that I put more than half of my resources in light toons. The problem is while players with dark teams also need light toons (and a lot) the oppsite is not true.
    You can coast until endgame just with your rebels, 5 jedi and Boba+ 1 other scoundrel. You can dominate your arena, and have success in raids, challenges,Gw and events even you don't have a single dark toon other than Palp (not farmed but one of the rewards for having a strong rebel team)

• The_Atomik_Robot
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Empire = Mark V Potency Mods, I no longer have to dream about getting my Teebo above 80%....!

Peace ✌
    “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Okay, lets look at the facts:
    1. prediction, might be true, might not be true. Fact? not really
    2. less than 1% has shore and EP? simply not true. Shore is/was easier to get than chaze, wich according to yourself will be meta for 6 months...
    3. again, simply not true. EP has anti rebel abilities.
    4. Fact.
    5. Fact, but most rebels are also dog poo.
    6. That's a personal opinion, not a fact.
    7. Lack of respect? lol

2 out of 7...
    I run a DS team and i'm loving it. I used to run wiggs, also loved running wiggs. Both teams could beat eachother on offence. Top 3 in a februari leaderboard with EP (L), shore, boba, TFP and a 5th depending on the opposition. (also i'm completely f2p in case you were wondering).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Given the arguments you're putting up, it looks like you don't want to concede :-))) you have obviously made up your mind that DS is crap. I run a DS team on a December shard and I'm in the top 10. We have some big guilds on my shard and sure you see the Chaze teams but hey, it's a game, have fun with it. Go zeta maul for example and see what happens then. Maybe just maybe the best is yet to come... whining won't make it come any faster and if I was a dev I'd pull out more rebels cause all these types of threads seem so entertaining :-)))
  • leef

1. I meant the last 6 months. They will probably also be in the future but like you said thats an prediction,, one that I didn't made

2. I never claimed Chaze is easy to get (even if there are 2 teams in my shard with them and other 2 teams just with Baze. What I said that since I joined there wasn't any way for me and all the other players that joined after me to get ST or EP while Wedge and Biggs are farmable.
    Also how many players do you estimate that have both of them since for ST you had to rank pretty high in the tournaments and for Palp you had to have a very strong rebels team besides your main team

3. OK only let me rephrase, there aren't dark FARMABLE toons with anti rebels abilitties

5.True but there more rebels that aren't dog poo that empire toons in total, plus there are more good rebels than bad ones,while the empire rations are 2 not farmable, 3 good and 5 bad

6. Stormtrooper and Tarkin being bad (especially compared with the Majority of rebel toons) is a Fact. Stormtropers being more iconic than Bistan is indeed just my opinion

7.Well I could use indifference, disregard or even contempt

Congratulations on your ranking, it must be nice to have EP and ST, I wouldn't know. But in my case I will continue to struggle to remain (hopefully) in top 50 surrounded by the Wiggs-Lando combination that everyone claims is defunct.
  • JasFonz
    Or maybe if enough people would whine we would be playing now Star Wars: Galaxy of heroes and not Galaxy of Rebels.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    TFP and boba are a great counter vs the regular wiggs lando st han teams, even without shore and EP. A good reason to farm empire / DS toons if you ask me.
    Vs chaze teams it's a different story, but you can't really expect an easely farmable empire/DS team to compete with super hard to farm characters like chirrut and baze. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's more of a progression issue than a ballance issue.
    JasFonz
    Or maybe if enough people would whine we would be playing now Star Wars: Galaxy of heroes and not Galaxy of Rebels.

there is a 200+ page thread about galactic war that kinda proves that more whining doesn't work.
  • I don't think OPs point was that rebel teams are uncounterable gods hurling bolts of lightning from the sky. I think everyone knows (or at least should know) that every team has a counter or will have one coming. It's an ever changing meta. I think his point is that they're shoving the rebels down everyone's throats. Yes a properly Zeta'd empire team will beat the rebels. But, as he stated, who actually has all of that? To the common player the resources necessary to gather that team are inaccessible. It seems like a lot of people are taking this post the wrong way.
  • Plus if you gear and level up the rebels to complete these events why wouldn't you just keep going with them? If you're gonna use furnaces and droid callers on the rebels just to unlock someone else who requires more furnaces and droid callers you're most likely just gonna keep going with the rebels. So your choices are join the rebel meta or waste your gear by sticking them on your bench. Idc though I'm chilling at 450 in my shard because I'm a dumpster at pvp and mostly just play to unlock characters. Pvp is kindof on the back burner for me. I do agree with him though, if pvp is your thing it's gotta be a little frustrating.
  • #1 arena spot on my shard is a full Empire team, followed by a sea of Wiggs, Lando, Baze...

He's running EP (L), Vader, Shore, TFP & RG
  • Finally someone who gets what I'm saying :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    okay, let me put it this way: farm an empire/DS team and you won't be disappointed.
  • leef wrote: »
    TFP and boba are a great counter vs the regular wiggs lando st han teams, even without shore and EP. A good reason to farm empire / DS toons if you ask me.
    Vs chaze teams it's a different story, but you can't really expect an easely farmable empire/DS team to compete with super hard to farm characters like chirrut and baze. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's more of a progression issue than a ballance issue.
    JasFonz

there is a 200+ page thread about galactic war that kinda proves that more whining doesn't work.

I use both Boba and TFP, they are my most developed toons. I spent hours on forums and guides and youtube videos researching how to build them and I spent days farming mods. And now, if the gods of RNG smile upon me, SOMETIMES i manage to beat players as long as they are a few levels lower than me with terrible mods, and don't have their on Boba. And when I actually met somebody that knows what he's doing even with Boba and TFP iI don't have a chance. But like i said Wiggs being OP (at least at lower levels without EP and ST) is just one issue.

The fact that aren't dark oriented events, that you need to have great rebels so you can get to EP or shards for Vader, the lack of good dark/empire toons compared with the light ones, that the meta doesn't really shifts between sides, the fact that more than 40 of my top 50 players in my shard use more or less the same team because the devs are forcing it, all of those issues made me belive that, at best, devs aren't even trying to create some kind of semblance of balance between sides, or really between rebels and any other faction including clones, jawas etc.
  • One day, there will be an event .. Maybe jedi luke eho requires 7* sith & empire .. Hope for that.. Well all those who run wiggs already have 7* palps but they lack of the other empire toons to get luke haha. And asblong as they chase the meta, they wont start farmin snowtrooper and so on
  • One of the main problems for me is... been playing since June, And my Vader is still at 11/100 for the 7* so it kinda makes it worthless for me to go for, and zetas..... well if there were more than 4 dark ships where the pilots were free to get 2 months ago, well, I'd have them, but still not going for zetas because I'm trying to get my executrix 5* so then I can start farming my 5* ships for the challenge, thankfully I'm a patient person ^_^
  • Way more than 1% of people have palp
  • Way more than 1% of people have palp

true but I said that 99 % of players don't have both EP and ST, wich are the counters for Wiggs. And even if the number is higher, it is still dwarfed by the number of players who have Wiggs.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    To the original post...Empire/Sith DS are simply more FUN than Rebels who are all about quick damage. Dark Side has more stratgey involved and believe it or not it's easier to gear up a DS team than a Rebel team since there is less overlap in gear (Boba of course is the exception, he needs EVERYTHING). I run EP (L) with Vader, TFP, Sun Fac and Shoretrooper in Arena and while I'll fall to 14th or 15th place I can easily climb up to 4th (the top three on my shard are just ridiculously awesome and only one runs Rebels but he's also got GK so he's obviously got a deep roster to draw on). The problem I have with Rebels is that there are so many of them and they keep getting more powerful - completely counterable to be sure but way more powerful. Dark Side has to be more strategic to survive.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I don't have a full Empire team, but I'm working on it.

Right now my main team consists of (all level 85) - EP(L), Vader, Barris, Boba and 86. All are 7*, EP & Vader are G9, everyone else is G8 and all are heavily modded. I literally walk through GW every day and am usually around rank 100 in my leaderboard. Once in a blue moon, I'll lose 86, but then I just replace him with Tarkin.

I'm in the process of farming out RG & TFP (I wish I would have invested in them earlier, but oh well). At the moment, I have no chance on unlocking Shore until they put him in the game somewhere to farm. I have Magma and regular Storm Trooper as well as Veers, but they're all level 1 and unlocked, just sitting there.

I'm hoping there will be an Empire rework coming sometime, I can't stand most of the rebels but like everyone else, I can't ignore them either if I plan on moving forward.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    To the original post...Empire/Sith DS are simply more FUN than Rebels who are all about quick damage. Dark Side has more stratgey involved and believe it or not it's easier to gear up a DS team than a Rebel team since there is less overlap in gear (Boba of course is the exception, he needs EVERYTHING). I run EP (L) with Vader, TFP, Sun Fac and Shoretrooper in Arena and while I'll fall to 14th or 15th place I can easily climb up to 4th (the top three on my shard are just ridiculously awesome and only one runs Rebels but he's also got GK so he's obviously got a deep roster to draw on). The problem I have with Rebels is that there are so many of them and they keep getting more powerful - completely counterable to be sure but way more powerful. Dark Side has to be more strategic to survive.

This is so true. Unfortunately as f2p and still leveling I can't just switch my squad that easily. But maybe one day.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    I don't have a full Empire team, but I'm working on it.

Right now my main team consists of (all level 85) - EP(L), Vader, Barris, Boba and 86. All are 7*, EP & Vader are G9, everyone else is G8 and all are heavily modded. I literally walk through GW every day and am usually around rank 100 in my leaderboard. Once in a blue moon, I'll lose 86, but then I just replace him with Tarkin.

I'm in the process of farming out RG & TFP (I wish I would have invested in them earlier, but oh well). At the moment, I have no chance on unlocking Shore until they put him in the game somewhere to farm. I have Magma and regular Storm Trooper as well as Veers, but they're all level 1 and unlocked, just sitting there.

I'm hoping there will be an Empire rework coming sometime, I can't stand most of the rebels but like everyone else, I can't ignore them either if I plan on moving forward.

Stop farming empire your on a losing path.

farm rebels.

I have a fully maxed empire team with g11 and 80-110 speed mods on everyone. Vader Palpatine shore rg Boba B2 tie I have them all maxed.

I fell to 35th tonight and can't break top ten Baze teams destroy Boba B2 shoretrooper despite what anyone says.

If I use my mods on my rebels I can get #1 in arena and my rebel specifically wiggs are a gear lower (g10) and they still work better than my 229 Palpatine and 230 speed Boba with 274 tie pilot still losing to rebels.