Please remove the clutter from Ship Battles

Hey, I think the ship battles could develop into something really fun, but between the unnecessarily long cut scenes for Capital Ship actions and the switching camera angle it is both boring and hard to keep track of what is going on. Like playing chess with an opponent who takes several long minutes for each move it is difficult to keep track of a strategy, much less remember who has used what power. Further, it's like having the table be spun around every 3 or 4 moves. It becomes challenging in the worst way possible.

I'm not sure why the leads on this project thought players would want to watch the same, simple animations over and over again, hundreds and hundreds of times knowing at the 1st instant exactly what the effect is going to be but having to wait out about 1/7th of each battle, but basic game design says to keep things out of the game that stop the fun. Every time I see that animation I start doing something else in my mind because it's really boring.

Just like the AAT raid was improved immensely when the animations were sped up, the ship battles need to focus on what is fun: fighting with ships, and drop what is stopping that fun: unessential animations.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I agree. Something like Endurance's Convergence for example should take no longer than Rex's Squad Discipline. And that goes across the board. I've lost far more matches to time than to being defeated.