Triple counter attack?

So I was playing through GW today and hit a Phasma (L) node. I left the FOST for last, and attacked him with Leia. She triple hit him and he countered with 3 hits in return. Is this some mechanic that I am unaware of?

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Character can counter every attack from the primary attacker. 3 attacks from Leia chance of 3 counter attacks.

Note there is a difference between multi attack and multi damage.

Leia, fotp, dooku, 5's, kit do multi attacks

Rey does multi damage.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Character can counter every attack from the primary attacker. 3 attacks from Leia chance of 3 counter attacks.

Note there is a difference between multi attack and multi damage.

Leia, fotp, dooku, 5's, kit do multi attacks

Rey does multi damage.

Ahhhh. Thanks for that. Was wondering if there was something like this happening when Kylo smacked Leia back the same amount of times she hit.
  • Dooku and Kit only get countered once. Their extra attacks are considered Bonus Attacks (you can tell because that's what flashes up when they proc), and Bonus Attacks can't be countered.

You don't normally notice this with Leia because she's stealthed for most of her attacks, and stealthed attacks also can't be countered.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Dooku and Kit only get countered once. Their extra attacks are considered Bonus Attacks (you can tell because that's what flashes up when they proc), and Bonus Attacks can't be countered.

You don't normally notice this with Leia because she's stealthed for most of her attacks, and stealthed attacks also can't be countered.

Leia's attacks also say bonus attack and yes they can be countered twice.

You might be confusing it with their counters not being able to be countered since both those guys can also counter.
  • If Leia shot Dooku three times, could he counter six times?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Dooku and Kit only get countered once. Their extra attacks are considered Bonus Attacks (you can tell because that's what flashes up when they proc), and Bonus Attacks can't be countered.

this is not true, every toon with bonus attacks can be countered as many times as they attack
    some counter attack toons have a chance to counter whereas some counter 100% though

for example if leia attacks dooku 3 times with his 100% counter he will counter attack 3 times(and maybe up to 6x if his bonus attack procs!!)
    whereas if leia attacks aayla 3x with her 65% counter then aayla could counter 0-3 times depending on RNG

you are right about stealth attacks
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    If Leia shot Dooku three times, could he counter six times?

Yup that is why you stealth her against counter attackers!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I thought it was only four, three counters and then one bonus attack
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Never really saw but I though he could bonus attack for each counter. Maybe I will give it a try tomorrow and see. I am pretty sure I have seen 5's counter and bonus attack twice from Leia double tap or dooku double tap.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

Never really saw but I though he could bonus attack for each counter. Maybe I will give it a try tomorrow and see.

I'm pretty sure you can't follow a bonus attack with another attack unless you have a chance for multiple bonus attacks. Like when the rancor hits my Fives twice he then counters twice then gets his bonus attack
  • Just be happy phasma was not lead or zeta'd then FOST could have countered 3 times with each of those counters possibly calling in 2 assists from rest of team.... potentially making 9 counters to you intial 3.

In a perfect RNGesus world....im just saying.
  • Kinda makes me wonder if it would be possible (humor the idea) to compound that if aayla was one of the assists calling in another assist (lets say its fotp), i wonder if that assist would warrant another possible triple assist from phasma since it's technically not phasma derived, but part of aaylas counter-assist???
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Never really saw but I though he could bonus attack for each counter. Maybe I will give it a try tomorrow and see.

I'm pretty sure you can't follow a bonus attack with another attack unless you have a chance for multiple bonus attacks. Like when the rancor hits my Fives twice he then counters twice then gets his bonus attack

Did rancor have slow on it for the first counter?
    I am pretty sure I have seen that scenario with before, I don't ever remember seeing 5's miss a bouns attack.

Now I am intrigued and will have to test in GW today.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

Did rancor have slow on it for the first counter?
    I am pretty sure I have seen that scenario with before, I don't ever remember seeing 5's miss a bouns attack.

Now I am intrigued and will have to test in GW today.

Yea, he's always slowed
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes you definitely can get two counters when rancor hits twice...ie... aoe atk, then he hits my IG-100, who then counters twice...seen this a brazillion times. Same thing with fives...and sometimes fives hits four times if speed down applied.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Yes you definitely can get two counters when rancor hits twice...ie... aoe atk, then he hits my IG-100, who then counters twice...seen this a brazillion times. Same thing with fives...and sometimes fives hits four times if speed down applied.

The question is not about the multiple counters it is about the multiple bounes.

I am also pretty sure I have seen 5's counter a 5's hitting him 4 times.
  • I've seen this in fleet battles, Slave 1 attacked my biggs when he had retribution and he tripple countered
  • DarthxMaul wrote: »
    I've seen this in fleet battles, Slave 1 attacked my biggs when he had retribution and he tripple countered

Okay boba atk on ship is weird...it says multiple attacks...but it always is one attack with maybe 2-3 extra dmg numbers appearing instead of multiple animations of attacks. So idk if thats comparable to 3 seperate attacks from leia...but if retribution is saying it is i guess it is. But why doesn't slave 1 have 3 attack animations then?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    DarthxMaul wrote: »
    I've seen this in fleet battles, Slave 1 attacked my biggs when he had retribution and he tripple countered

IMO Boba ship attack is broke. It is multi damage single attack, not multi attack, like Rey Flurry of blows and needs an overide on it like Rey Flurry of blows has. Yet another oversight by Dev's.

More detailed explanation with reference to dev comment regarding multiple damage attack

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/832250/#Comment_832250
  • MBL_66 wrote: »

nope, ive seen dooku do it tonnes
    when facing weak teams at start of gws for example when dooku hits me for like 700 if hes lucky i dont bother stealthing leia, cause im lazy and gw suuuuuuucks, and ive seen him counter attack 4x when leia has hit him 2x (thats 2x counters and a bonus attack for each) and he only gets 1x bonus attack/attack

i have not seen him do 6 myself but thats cause i dont attack him with leia not stealthed unless its a weak version in which if leia gets off 3x attacks hes dead
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

You was right just tested in GW. 5's vs 5's

5's will get a counter for each attack but will only get 1 bonus attack

https://youtu.be/b_yrnMX5iyU
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

You was right just tested in GW. 5's vs 5's

5's will get a counter for each attack but will only get 1 bonus attack

https://youtu.be/b_yrnMX5iyU

Yay