Idea for enhancement - Player configurable Squad Arena team

An idea for an enhancement. It would be cool if users could specify the team used in the Squad Arena. I'm unclear how the actual Squad Arena chooses your team when others play against you, but i assume it's your top 5 power toons. I think it would be way fun if we could specify the team used...and then watch a day to see how that team did...maybe good, maybe bad...but i think it would make the Squad Arena way more diverse. At this time, it seems like everyone has a very similar set being used (and it's sort of boring drudging through the same teams)...and maybe this would make it more interesting? Just an idea.

Replies

• The team used in squad arena for defense is the team that you use for offense in arena. The only way to see how your team did currently, is how long you hold rank for. If you're still the same rank overnight that's usually a sign that your team held up defensively.

I believe in a future far, far away, that they'll implement a replay system for arena.
  • ALotCoolerIfUDid
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Andrew wrote: »
    The team used in squad arena for defense is the team that you use for offense in arena. The only way to see how your team did currently, is how long you hold rank for. If you're still the same rank overnight that's usually a sign that your team held up defensively.

I believe in a future far, far away, that they'll implement a replay system for arena.

So, when i goof off and use a random set of toons to see how they interact offensively....that is the team used for defense until i do another offensive battle?

Is this confirmed with developers?

If so, then i better stop using my last free battle of the day to goof off with some random team. I was using my last battle usually to see how toons fare together...i guess maybe i should do that with my first battle and then for my last battle, reset my team to what i want for defense until the next day.
  • Andrew wrote: »
    The team used in squad arena for defense is the team that you use for offense in arena. The only way to see how your team did currently, is how long you hold rank for. If you're still the same rank overnight that's usually a sign that your team held up defensively.

So, when i goof off and use a random set of toons to see how they interact offensively....that is the team used for defense until i do another offensive battle?

If so, then i better stop using my last free battle of the day to goof off with some random team. I was using my last battle usually to see how toons fare together...i guess maybe i should do that with my first battle and reset my team to what i want for defense until the next day.

Yes this is confirmed lol. You can search the forums, but trust me i'm level 64 and it's been this way. And yes no more goofing off! I'd save that for galactic war because you can just reset the match.
  • Andrew wrote: »

If so, then i better stop using my last free battle of the day to goof off with some random team. I was using my last battle usually to see how toons fare together...i guess maybe i should do that with my first battle and reset my team to what i want for defense until the next day.

Yes this is confirmed lol. You can search the forums, but trust me i'm level 64 and it's been this way. And yes no more goofing off! I'd save that for galactic war because you can just reset the match.

I tried searching the forums on the mechanics of that but couldn't find anything (too much stuff and limited search functions). But that does make much more sense...the team used to win the rank is what is used to defend it.

But is it this precise (or have the forums mentioned the details?) Since you have been following them, do you know if the team used for defense is the team that was used to successfully win that rank/position? Meaning, i use team A to win rank #210.....then i try to battle for rank #180 with team B and I lose.....is the team A still used for my defensive position?
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016

it's supposed to work that way, but many users are experiencing a bug where the Arena team reverts back to either a previous team or to their 5 strongest characters. Here is a link to the thread on the bug forum. Note that EA_Jesse has responded that they are working on it