just ignore derailed.

Eaywen
422 posts Member
edited January 2016
Stuff about why gear level 9 shouldn't be here yet.

All replies are offtopic, or strawmen about crying or nerf, or people playing psychic

So I'll just obliterate it and stop trying to have rational discussions with yall.
Post edited by Eaywen on

Replies

• i'm okay with it.. jc and fotp were gear level 8 at 60

it seems like the only characters who can get ahead only have 3 abilities

gs kinda needs his day to shine, im sure he'll be outclassed at 80
  • The_Oklahoma_Kid
    930 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Oh is my gear IX Greedo putting the hurt on you. The game is never supposed to be balanced. You know what happens when there is balance, a half trained Jedi gets cocky and tries to train kids then you get a boy in a goofy looking voice modulating black outfit with a homemade unstable lightsaber blowing up planets cause he can't find find a map. That's what balance gets you.

Really can't say co- cky Han says it in Episode IV.
  • I do not know which characters you speak of. I'd think it would only be somewhat fitting if they are lower damage characters. If they aren't and are powerful hitters then yeah, pretty lame since it just means they have an even greater chance to practically 1 hit many characters.

I agree though that the game is never supposed to be balanced. It is supposed to separate and reward the whales who are of the instant gratification, I don't want to put work into my "games" and will buy my way to a solid team/level and then try and brag like I am some elite player generation and the rest of the players who make up the large majority and either can't afford to drop the cash or are perfectly content to actually work their way to something in a game/app. After that, it is then designed to make most have the same cookie cutter teams using the same high damage and speed characters since that's all it is about.

But hey, just remember it's all strategy baby! Huge strategy to grab Poe, Phasma and/or some other guys and do what basically everyone else is doing and then tap a screen and hope numbers work out in your favour.

• Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    One is genosian soldier. Who at gear nine attacks at 5500 base damage with his assist attack every other round and is one of the fastest in the game.
  • you need to keep in mind the game isnt even complete yet. so if you nerf them now, when the game is complete they'll be totally useless. if you notice the trend, the nameless characters tend to be easy to gear up, they get lower stat items on average that require lower level. the "better" characters use higher tier items, so one can hope to expect at the end game, or max level they're going to be equipped with higher tier items.
  • You maybe should elect not to partake in an activity that upsets you so much.
  • It doesn't upset me any where near that much.
    But thanks for acting like you know me.
    Not really it's kinda pompous of you.
  • Lol. You used the word "upset" in title of this thread, again in your original post, and then you made a poll about the topic in a different thread. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that you seem upset.
  • Gear 9 capable characters: Greedo, Plo Koon, Geo. Soldier, Obi-Wan, Ima-Gun Di, and General Veers. At least those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

But... Only one of those can be considered OP. And this character is capable of 1-shotting other gear 9 characters long before it gets there...
  • Am I the only one that wants it to stay at level 70 for a good long while
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    ab151d71e6883e5f23c0f1968dac36f5837b0ba099cb841760cadb04d757857c.jpg

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It's not like gear levels are the one and only measure of power and usefulness in GOH.

you're not the only one
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Am I the only one that wants it to stay at level 70 for a good long while

I also dont want the cap to be raised for a while. Need some time to catch up. Not easy gettng the credits required to 7 star everyone while gearing and leveling them all up at the same time. More broke than I ever was at lvl 60

I wouldn't mind if it stayed at 70 for at least 3 months as long as this next "content update" gave us something entertaining to do.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DeeJay wrote: »
    Lol. You used the word "upset" in title of this thread, again in your original post, and then you made a poll about the topic in a different thread. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that you seem upset.

You do know the definition of upset don't you (obviously more than one of yall do not so stop saying of course I do). It literally just means made disappointed by. So yeah I'm somewhat dissapointed that such a small balancing step was not made. You guys seem to think it means angry and crying myself to sleep in an inconsolable manner. Learn English better, stop attacking people because you dot know what a word means, also no where did I demand a nerf so the guy that mentioned that needs to take his straw man home.

I like the cap for a bit. It gives me opportunity to work on other Heroes vs just grinding to keep up with 8
  • Eaywen wrote: »
    DeeJay wrote: »
    Lol. You used the word "upset" in title of this thread, again in your original post, and then you made a poll about the topic in a different thread. I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying that you seem upset.

You do know the definition of upset don't you (obviously more than one of yall do not so stop saying of course I do). It literally just means made disappointed by. So yeah I'm somewhat dissapointed that such a small balancing step was not made. You guys seem to think it means angry and crying myself to sleep in an inconsolable manner. Learn English better, stop attacking people because you dot know what a word means, also no where did I demand a nerf so the guy that mentioned that needs to take his straw man home.

You seem very upset by my pointing out that you are upset.
  • I agree it's not ideal....I'm sure we will now get pummeled with nerf GS threads as he gets to turn 1 now at g9. He is sick with this additional bump in stats that comes with it too. His card can go over 6k power. Allowing some toons to enjoy a built in advantage just invites balance issues and nerf rants. It is what it is though...just wait it out.
  • The nerf threads are starting to sound like The Sound of Music... Poe, Rey, Ge..ooooo...

LOL
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    a04f5b91c0ffacb8af39fe61921f3d54b8cdaa79380258bc55422e94ae17daae.jpg

Just cause
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Redacted. I have no interest in discussing the state of the game with yall anymore.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Redacted. No interest in dicussing the state of the game with yall anymore.
  • The nerf threads are starting to sound like The Sound of Music... Poe, Rey, Ge..ooooo...

LOL

Sound of Music, lol.
    My great aunt was a nun in Salzburg and knew Maria Von Trapp.

Han has the look of a scruffy nerf-herder yodelaaaay yodelaaaay yo de lay heee hoooo.

Daka and Dooku and "Nooooooooo", Vader sings....These are a few of my favorite things..... :wink:
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Redacted. I have no interest in dicussing the state of game with yall anymore.
  • Closing topic.

-Regeneration
This discussion has been closed.