Galactic War Zeta Craziness!

Prev1
So I came from work and was rushing on my GW guild contribution (started 11:00pm) when GW suddenly decided to F things up!

Nodes 1 to 8 are just normal random stuff whennn

9 - Wedge lead with Biggs properly modded at speed of 200+ with leia, palpatine and sthan

I mean seriously. I have to pull my rebel team and use the speed bump of SThan and an AA lead just to make my Biggs go first. (my biggs speed with mods is at 170/80ish). Thoight to myself. Well it cant get worse

10. ANOTHER WIGGS-LEIA with scarif rebel pathfinder and Rey. Seriously?! Got thorough this without casualties and I thought this cant get worse.

11. ZETA QGJ, Lumi, Mace, Anakin and ashoka - ****. =0

AND again I thought it cant get worse. . .

12. Palpatine - Zeta barris - shoretrooper - Fives and Sunfac! - The only viable team left here is my crit centric rebel team.

This is too much right? I dont even have one zeta-ed characters.

Replies

• Options
    You should have one by now. Even if you have not unlocked the challenge
  • Options
    Me today, i took my zader team...and done
  • Options
    One word:

B2
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    You should have one by now. Even if you have not unlocked the challenge

Im F2P and it's my choice where I spend my fleet shipments currency. Im just waiting for a few umbaran shards and I can farm zeta through challenges.

It's a matter of how do they even scale this thing? The fact that I dont have one zeta-ed team means there is poor matching. And I average a ranking of 15-20 in the arena if that even matters.
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    OP, glad you didn't just buy Zeta, you'd be far behind in Ships. Glad you'll be able to farm soon. Your GW draw was terrible, hope it was just a bad day.
  • Options
    Zeta's don't affect your power level and that is what GW is based on.

I've faced Zeta Barris with GK lead and it was a royal pain in the butt. I don't have any Zeta's either nor do I have GK unlocked.

The Wiggs teams kind of make sense too because they have a relatively low power level for the amount of damage they do.
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Two nights ago nodes 11-12 were nasty for me as well. Had a maxed Wiggs-Chaze team followed by QGJ and Bariss both zeta'd. Lots of bashing my head against the wall on those but I made it through. Today the Swgoh gods took pity on me and I got two teams with Chewbacca lead and no zeta on nodes 11-12:)
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I've been lucky then...only two Zeta'd teams in the past 10 days - one was a Boba Zeta (tank team with stuns stopped him) and the other was Zader (sacrificed my Rebels and Team Stun to allow my Dark Siders to eliminate them).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Had maxed out g11 GK zeta lead, zeta bariss, zeta 5, baze and chirrut...
  • Options
    These Zeta teams at the end are the reason why on the first 5 nodes I use 5 different teams to have 5 teams TM ready for later stages
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    BoroSmooth wrote: »
    These Zeta teams at the end are the reason why on the first 5 nodes I use 5 different teams to have 5 teams TM ready for later stages

Smart. Good advice for all to follow.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    BoroSmooth wrote: »

OK some might not have 5 teams but this is the reason none lazy people can compete gw everyday.
  • Options
    Chief Chirpa L, Teebo, Ewok Elder, Daka and Rey. Tore up 6 of my high-powered teams. No, I don't have Wedge yet, or any Zeta, or Bariss for that matter. I know, I need to power up Bariss, Daka and Teebo
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    So just because you don't have a zeta you think you should be able to take on a war with the whole galaxy? Idk how you can go on a galactic war without top teir teams
  • Options
    Lol everyone saying you should have a zetaed character. I just started farming them yesterday as I finally got enough ships to 5 star. Only about 10 to 20 percent of people have zetas on toons. I have spent some cash but I got 1 zeta mat.
    2 guys in my guild have them - big whales btw.
    It's the same as before with everything else. The curve sucks for ftp vs p2p. Eventually you'll get there- it's a very steep hill.
  • Options
    Not sure how you couldn't have started zeta farming yet... When ships first came out I didn't spend any ship currency and only bought zetas. I was finishing top 50 in ships so I got 1300 per day so it took me about a month to get my first zeta ability and it would have taken a couple more days if you finished lower than top 50. I just unlocked the ability challenge on the weekend. I am F2P too, this game is all about planning for the future. So don't complain about being behind when you haven't taken steps to get ahead of the curve. Zetas looked like a real game changer and that's why I committed to buying them right away. It has definitely paid off, I have been finishing 1st in arena for over a month now.
  • Options
    kodias wrote: »
    Not sure how you couldn't have started zeta farming yet... When ships first came out I didn't spend any ship currency and only bought zetas. I was finishing top 50 in ships so I got 1300 per day so it took me about a month to get my first zeta ability and it would have taken a couple more days if you finished lower than top 50. I just unlocked the ability challenge on the weekend. I am F2P too, this game is all about planning for the future. So don't complain about being behind when you haven't taken steps to get ahead of the curve. Zetas looked like a real game changer and that's why I committed to buying them right away. It has definitely paid off, I have been finishing 1st in arena for over a month now.

Not everyone is as lucky as you. I spent every token on ships and I'm ranking top 100 only. If I had spent on zetas I wouldn't be able to rank in the 200s.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Not everyone is as lucky as you. I spent every token on ships and I'm ranking top 100 only. If I had spent on zetas I wouldn't be able to rank in the 200s.

Pretty much this. I'm not sure how they decided ship arena. I'm sure some people have easier arenas than others. To say everyone can be top 50 all the time without using ship tokens to improve their ships just because you can do it is a giant leap in logic.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    sying wrote: »

Pretty much this. I'm not sure how they decided ship arena. I'm sure some people have easier arenas than others. To say everyone can be top 50 all the time without using ship tokens to improve their ships just because you can do it is a giant leap in logic.

they decided to get you to spend
  • Options
    I had my first failure to complete GE in months the other day. All fully starred and geared team Zeta Barris lead, Chirrut, baze, Shoretrooper and Lando. All with very very good speed mods.

Utterly destroyed anyone I put up against them. Was actually quite refreshing:-)
  • Options

I have spent my fleet tokens on toons and ships and I can say your ship shard must be weak if you have been buying zeta you shouldn't even be top 2000 in your ship shard. Something doesn't add up here
  • Options
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »

I have spent my fleet tokens on toons and ships and I can say your ship shard must be weak if you have been buying zeta you shouldn't even be top 2000 in your ship shard. Something doesn't add up here

I guess I should have added that I had 40k ish GW tokens saved up since I have all the GW characters. So I was able to up my ships through GW shipments so that is what kept me competitive. Having the right toons already geared was a big help as well. I am now sitting at around 135k fleet power and am top 30 on my shard. I Honestly don't enjoy ships and only do 1 or 2 ship battles a day. So ya my shard is probly on the weaker side since I can maintain a top 30 rank with one attempt a day.
  • Options
    It's all fine for zeta farming at first if you get placed into a good arena that allows you to stay in the top 50. My sever however I wouldn't started in my current position unless I farmed ship plans to keep up with my server. If I farmed the zetas, I definitely not be in the top 500. I did and I managed to stay in the top 5 to 20 consistently. I think if you are ftp and able to to stay in the top 50, you lucked out on your server.
  • Options
    People be like: "you should already have a zeta blah blah" Well I focused on ships and some previously P2P characters. 2000 = 20 shards. I just unlocked the zeta challenge and it's not like Im in a rush. I can stay in the top 10-20 of arena, sometimes top 3, and top 20 on ships.

My point really on this is, they are not rewarding us enough for this level of challenge. LOL how do they even match these things?
  • Options
    Spend the first couple nodes sending in your best teams using basic attacks to build their TM up at least when you get a hard node next you can send in your A team then get a full round of attacks before they go
  • Options
    I ran into a palp L/vader/5s/baze/zeta Bariss last night. All geared/modded/7 star. They killed literally 35 gl 10 plus 7 star good dps toons. I finally beat them after spending 3 hours chipping away at them. Yeah it's a **** lu but I've decided she's going to be my first zeta just because she makes a team next to impossible to kill.
  • Options
    I ran into a palp L/vader/5s/baze/zeta Bariss last night. All geared/modded/7 star. They killed literally 35 gl 10 plus 7 star good dps toons. I finally beat them after spending 3 hours chipping away at them. Yeah it's a **** lu but I've decided she's going to be my first zeta just because she makes a team next to impossible to kill.

For such cases I use 'heavy stun team' of Dooku, daka, RG, QGJ and Rey... But yeah, that is a tricky team
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I am starting to face zeta teams in GW that chew through my top five teams and make me give up by node nine.