Bug - Help, my ship just blew itself up!

TLDR - my ship just blew itself up instead of attacking!

The following just happened to me in a fleet arena battle (sorry I don't have screenshots as it all happened too quickly):

- I was winning the battle and it was the final stages. I had 4 ships on the board (darth vader, geo soldier, tie fighter and FOTP) with 1 in reserve ready to come in if needed (ahsoka). None of my ships had any buffs or debuffs. The enemy had tie fighter (no buffs / debuffs, full health) and geo soldier (target locked debuff, no other buffs, yellow health) only. My fleet and the enemy fleet were all around mid-70s level and (mainly) 5*.

- In my turn I use my geo soldier (no buffs, full health and some protection) with his assist special and he calls my FOTP to assist (FOTP has only a sliver of red health left and has been like that for several turns). The target is the enemy geo soldier (target locked and in yellow health).

- Geo soldier's attack doesn't seem to register any damage on the enemy ship.

- My FOTP assists and instead of attacking just immediately blows up with no further damage on the enemy ship.

So what just happened? Did my own ship destroy itself or did the geo soldier destroy tfp with transferred damage somehow? I can't see anything in the ship abilities of either my fleet or the enemies where this could happen.

My ships definitely didn't have any debuffs or D.O.T.s. The only other (possibly) relevant point was that FOTP had just dodged a couple of attacks in the previous round.

I still won the battle, but it is rather worrying if my ships decide to implode themselves rather than attacking!

This seems to be another obvious fleet arena bug @CG_Kozispoon