Cantina Farm Decision Help

Aayla, Anakin, B2 or RG next?

I feel like they may start doing some stuff with separatists so B2 tempts me, also I just started working on droid team, but Aayla and Anakin would be a huge improvement to my Jedi team but I already have 7 or so Jedi at 7*. And lastly RG just kind of to complete him I guess, he is 5* but that 16 energy cost annoys me.

Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/fuhgawz/

Replies

• Zabak
    165 posts Member
    B2 ALWAYS useful. Works in any team.
  • hmmm thats what im leaning toward
  • As good as Aayla and Ani are, b2 should be the farm. He is needed against so many teams these days. At least farm him to 4* and gear him.
  • People love to recommend B2, and he is effective. But give him a good shock from Palpenstein and he becomes a great big door stop. I recently dumped full protection and health mods on RG and he is impressing me a bunch, but not very effective against R1 Rebels. But you've got Palps, DV, TFP, Boba ... put RG on that team and profit.
  • Do in order:

B2
    Anakin
    Choose between Aayla and Royal gaurd
  • People love to recommend B2, and he is effective. But give him a good shock from Palpenstein and he becomes a great big door stop. I recently dumped full protection and health mods on RG and he is impressing me a bunch, but not very effective against R1 Rebels. But you've got Palps, DV, TFP, Boba ... put RG on that team and profit.

This. So much this. Not to mention boba and zader are becoming more frequent so B2 won't help in that squad
  • Not only give him a shock, but if you daze him with K2SO or Maul or Rey, it's the same thing. He becomes pretty useless.
  • Just to clarify @SubzeeeDon and @EventineElessedil are you suggesting that I get RG or are you suggesting that I don't get b2? because right now im leaning toward JKA to improve my Jedi team?
  • fuhgawz wrote: »
    Just to clarify @SubzeeeDon and @EventineElessedil are you suggesting that I get RG or are you suggesting that I don't get b2? because right now im leaning toward JKA to improve my Jedi team?

B2 is good I just don't think he's as amazing as everyone says. That's my personal opinion however. That doesn't mean he isn't good. In the end I guess farm who you want:)
  • Meeraval_Marnath1
    373 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    B2 is unique tool in the game with aoe dispel. What RG does, other tanks (Baze, Shore, GK, SF) can do better. No one toon could or should do it all. If you are afraid of daze or shock, protect B2 with GK, Rex, or Yoda.

I would go B2.
  • I'd do Anakin, B2 is simply too easy to deal with. It is possible to protect him some via an auto taunt but barring that, and even if, Anakin is the way to go. Not to mention B2 doesn't have a lot of use outside of arena. So if you already have tfp farm Anakin. Just my 2 cents

+1
  • Ani is a great toon too and very useful, but he has the same weakness that B2 has. If you shock or daze, Ani, it stops his passive TM gain and he becomes just another regular attacker. You can easily replace Ani's attacker ability with Wedge or Lando. Who is the mass aoe dispeller substitute for B2? Not QG. Not Sun Fac. Maybe Ventress, but only at the start of the match and only with elite speed mods. If you want to effectively fight Chaze, K2, or any multiple tank team, you need B2.
  • I have all of those toons and I must say - Aayla really impresses me.

In a team with Ani (L), QGJ, Fives and Rex, she is remarkable. Dumped a tonne of crit chance mods on her she pretty much stuns all the time.

My favourite combo is QGJ attacks (assist move), calls Aayla, Aayla stuns and calls either (1) Rex to attack (removing TM), or (2) Fives (Speed down - double attack) or (3) Ani (double debuff).or (4) QGJ again to remove more turn meter.
  • Really depends on what you're looking for. My recommendation for anyone without B2 is to get him unlocked and then leave him alone; in a decent team comp, they won't go for him first anyways and if they do you should be able to lay down some whoop while he goes down.

That said, JKA is fantastic in P1 AAT, Aayla also performs phenomenally there and in GW, RG does great in an Empire team and can be a Chirpatine tank for P3 AAT. Farm based on your priorities there.
  • My responses are based on the most valuable for high end Arena right now.

B2 appears to be outpacing Ani for top 10 squad members 1028-735 at the moment.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#all
  • fuhgawz wrote: »
    Just to clarify @SubzeeeDon and @EventineElessedil are you suggesting that I get RG or are you suggesting that I don't get b2? because right now im leaning toward JKA to improve my Jedi team?

It's a game of choices. Ultimately it's up to you. You already have 7 jedi and sound like you are not really excited about yet another jedi. I looked at your roster, I see the Empire team you have going. You already have 5* RG, you do not have B2 unlocked. I think putting RG on the farm will be of greater benefit to you more quickly than the others. Entirely up to you, of course.

They are all quality characters. You can't really make the wrong choice here. That B2 is really an annoying son of a gun, though.
  • Another not for B2, all these peeps are correct.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107