Thoughts for a droid zeta ability that will make them viable again

I feel like the awesome zeta should be given to grievous since he is a top tier toon (or should be) and with the incredible abilities that have all but extinguished the droids the zeta must include at least one of these abilities.
Droids get a one turn damage immunity
Droids can ignore taunts
Droids can't be countered
Droids start with 100% turn meter
Droids have a chance to call an assist

Replies

• I feel like a lot of those are OP. Maybe one turn damage immunity for the first droid to use a special ability. Similar to tactical genius
  • I don't feel like anything is too OP anymore since baze and imwe, barriss zeta, fives zeta, general Kenobi. Those abilities are definitely powerful but given what they have to combat idt they are impossible to defeat
  • The TM at 100% would replace JE so that's okay, damage immunity for a whole team for one turn is a lot. Ignore taunts for one or two turns as a special maybe but that's Boba's special and on everyone is a lot to ask for.
    Can't be countered? Maybe add foresight for turns or something but not being able to counter is pretty drastic.
    IG-86 already has an assist. Droids do need something yes but nothing drastic.
  • 100% TM is too much and would make droids vs droids an even worse RNGfest not to mention OP. But it could be a lower amount like 30/40/50% etc - whatever suitable number allows for variation between different teams' speed mods to determine who goes first. Ditch JE and go all droid team :wink:

• Vimes
    7 posts Member
    "Make droids an RNGfest" That's still far better than the current droid vs droid, which is the fastest JE wins 95% of the time. I do hope the new zeta makes JE not required though.