Gear Bottleneck.

Ish_Vos
17 posts Member
edited February 2017
EA_Jesse and CG_Kozispoon I would like to request help with Gear drops for F2P and P2P players who may be hitting a wall because of gear. I have played since October 2015 and nearly every single day so I do have some background. You have done a wonderful job in dealing with the credit crunch and Ability progression with Omega’s where both are now very doable for what ever direction the user wants to go. Now players are stuck with gear, even though there is gear trade there are just to many high level pieces to collect for it to be effective. In the beginning it made sense to have a low drop rate for gear when only one piece was needed but now there are quite a few builds that need between 20 and 50 making it more difficult to get needed gear. I respectfully request that drop rate for gear to be increased to 100% for the following reasons.

1. Most single piece gear items long term players have already collected more pieces than could possibly used by the player. For example 670 Mk 01 Athakam Medpac Salvage is need for all 101 current characters, because of Challenges I currently have 2274 and have used 395.

2. There are 3 pieces of gear that require over 10,000 if the user was to gear all 101 characters. 12,950 Mk 03 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage, 11,000 Mk 06 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage and 10,600 Mk 03 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage (The most requested item in my guild, everyone needs it so giving and receiving is just an endless loop.)

3. There are 48 items that require from 1,000 to 7,000 individual pieces. With a total of 186,193 individual pieces required for all 101 characters for all 6,486 current gear slots.

Now I know when you originally designed gear you wanted to make it challenging yet fun. However the problem with exponentials is that it does grow out of proportion. The more characters that are added the harder it becomes for players to collect them all. Guess what! We love the game so much we want to collect them all. Since Mods are a part of the game easing up on gear will not hurt the game dynamics too much as we still have to collect shards for characters, and collect mods and level them up to play effectively. So I implore the developers and designers to please step back and look at this problem, as it eventually is the same problem that Star Wars Uprising did but much earlier in the game therefore killing it. None of us want that.
Post edited by Ish_Vos on

Replies

• I think 100% is a little too drastic for drop rates, but at the very least, fix the tiers in challenges. Completing the highest tier in a challenge should award gear from ALL the lower tiers.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Something needs to be fixed with the gear drop ratio especially when you need 50 of something and use your refilled energy twice and get 2 or 3 but seems like the gear you have a 1000 of you get each time. I understand and get the challenge and grinding but when you need 50 for 10 or 15 characters 2 or 3 at a time doesn't even cut it.
  • My statement on 100% is not too far off, let me use Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage as an example. There is the Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs which require 50 and are needed 90 times, Mk 4 Chedak Comlink which require 50 and are needed 36 times, Mk 4 Sienar Holo Projector which require 50 and are needed 67 times, and finally Mk 9 BlasTech weapon Mod which require 50 and are needed 19 times. So total is 10600 Mk 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage currently needed, and I am sure will be used in future characters. So if 100% were to drop with 240 energy from refresh 135 from bonus energy and assume two 50 crystal refresh for another 240 that is a total of 615 energy a day that can be spent on battles. Using the cheapest battle at 10 energy cost that is 61 a day at 100% which would take 173 days to collect enough to cover all characters. 6 months is enough time to torture people on a mobile app. Right now I feel like the drop rate is at about 10-20% which is absolutely ridiculous for all the gear needed.
  • Dear Devs, Thank you for the new characters. To add to this post that is now 4463 pieces of material needed for gear for these two characters fully leveled and geared. That brings the total up to 190,000 pieces of material needed.

To give a better idea I have been playing since Oct. 2015 everyday and I have only used 33,485 pieces of material and 15,481 pieces of material waiting on other material and 13,892 pieces of material that will never be used as it exceeds the total amount of material needed for all characters.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I think 100% is a little too drastic for drop rates, but at the very least, fix the tiers in challenges. Completing the highest tier in a challenge should award gear from ALL the lower tiers.

Fully agree, im forced to simply do t3 or 4 to simply get needed gear, efectively stoping me from stockung up very needed gold gear.
  • The most requested item in my guild, everyone needs it so giving and receiving is just an endless loop.
    @Ish_Vos good points all around.
    the guild share loop should be looked at, could it be extended to shards, credits, etc to allow the community support on more aspects of the game?
    the stall points i have encountered in the game that make it "Darth Tedious"
    - credits
    - gear
    - shards
    is there an algorithm for a smoother transition to be considered?
    starting at lvl 50 a player has to start developing only 1 squad at a time, than lvl 60 introduces ships, another development splinter point, where previous squad strategies have to align with your fleet goals
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • I would also like to see the gear crunch addressed in a similar way as the credit crunch. Maybe it's me, but it seems like it's come to the point where only the biggest spenders can max a toon's gear in any reasonable length of time. It is great that gear has been made more available (shard shop, fleet shop, guild shop) but the availability hasn't kept up with the amount of gear needed to max even a handful of characters. And as people have noted, much of it is the old purple gear we've been farming forever. For example, I can't count how many MK 6 Chiewab hypo syringes I've farmed in the past year (in challenges and nodes), but looking at my roster now I still need about 750 of them (maybe more if the toon needs more than 1 set of 50 for their current gear level). And that doesn't account for the additional hypo syringes they'll potentially need at the next gear level. Add that to stun cuffs/guns and everything else the amount of gear needed to max just your top row of toons is staggering. No amount of planning and budgeting will get me there without spending more money than I already do - a lot more money.

And when I do the math in my head it's becoming not worth it. Should I spend $20 to buy 2 fully crafted stun cuffs from the store? How far will that really get me? When I sit back and think about what $20 should get me reasonably in this game, it's a lot more than two fully crafted stun cuffs. At that rate, $20 won't even get me through an entire level of gear once I hit G9, G10, G11 (probably before that too). Not even close to entire level of gear at that level. I'm ball-parking here, but is an entire set of G10 gear worth $50? $150? Not even close. And this if for just one toon - when I think about maxing gear for just my first row or two of toons it gets out of control very quickly.

I know as the game progresses it becomes more difficult to keep the economy of it in balance. I say this because I feel like I'm spending more on this game but getting less bang for my buck. And by that I mean real life money buck. Thanks.
  • Thanks, @Sprizzle I appreciate your support sounds like you are like me, spend a modest amount of money on the game because we enjoy it but even that the ROI is seeming to dwindle.
  • Exactly @Ish_Vos, the current gear drop rate for gear to get a character to g9 is like 10%.
    Should go to atleast 80%
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Im sad to say this. But actually this game is getting boring and boring and mainly from the point of gear.

When you see the reworks of caracthers that now have a new life and the zetas are very nice in terms to have more choices in arena GW and raids and not see always the same teams.

But when you took a look to the gear they need is just a joke.

• It's got to be stun cuffs there is something bout them the drop rate is just so bad. The mk 5 fusion is a close 2nd what u guys think worse gear is ?
  • The worst gear has to be a MK 5 Droid Caller or MK IX Electro-binoculars

The droid caller is bad and TONS of toons need it man
  • mk4 chedak comlink
  • Depends on the stage of the game I assume.

To me it has to be mkV furnaces. I got 15 salvage pieces and I need 5 complete ones right now. I assume it gets even worse later, though.

The droid caller is bad and TONS of toons need it man

Yeah, it's a pain to craft, salvage rarely drops, and only once have I gotten a full one.
  • I have 550 scanner salvage and 4 full scanners so probably not scanners
  • Mk7 Merr-Sonn Shield Generater Salavage. I think the drop rate is between 5-10 percent. Start farming one now and I'll see you in March. Easily better to buy those in the shop.
  • stun guns are even worse than stun cuffs. Although mk3 holo projectors are pretty awful too. I don't even want to think of farming the yellow gear. My poor Palps is the only one I can even use it on yet, and he is sitting at 0/6 for G11, because the raid gear has such a **** droprate.

Not only that, but the AAT raid gear is pretty horrible in stats as well. Mk 10 Holo Lens gives 10 TAC. Lol. There's green gear that does more than that.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Mk7 Merr-Sonn Shield Generater Salavage. I think the drop rate is between 5-10 percent. Start farming one now and I'll see you in March. Easily better to buy those in the shop.
    Man I need one for bobes, ...and probably a 100 other toons. Atm I'm finding the mk9 binoculars to be the new stun cuffs

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It depends, there are some gear used a few places, so even with a good drop rate you still need 150....
  • ZhilAxfow
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector to take only one piece of gear and maybe not the worst is used by 92 caracthers (92x20=1840) and most of them in early levels (6-8) .

And so we can continue with others.
  • ZhilAxfow wrote: »
    Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector to take only one piece of gear and maybe not the worst is used by 92 caracthers (92x20=1840) and most of them in early levels (6-8) .

And so we can continue with others.

And is used by MK 7 TaggeCoHoloLens and MK 5 CECFusion Furnace bringing total needed to 4540. However I have to say MK 3 Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage is the absolute worse, No Challenges to farm, poor drop rate, poor raid drop rate and 10700 needed across the board.
  • Dear Devs,
    Thank you for the new characters. We are now up to a total 197,287 pieces of material needed.

To give a better idea I have been playing since Oct. 2015 everyday and I have only used 35,443 pieces of material. Which means that I have used 18% of total gear, while i have collected 72.34% of shards for all characters. I also have 24,633 pieces of material waiting on extremely rare material.

As always all I am trying to shed light is the bottleneck of gear.
  • 1 year later, it has gotten slightly better. However, still too many characters need carbantis and stun guns and there is not a fast way to farm them. Challenge gear in raids is still an issue with no solution in sight. Shard shop and guild event/store made some pieces easier to farm, at the cost of abandoning really good characters to farm.
  • We've been begging for a fix for 2 years and there still has not been a single dev comment on this topic. Instead they keep adding more toons and making the gear crunch worse on purpose. It feels like a big middle finger every time.
  • To me the worst part is raid gear. I think I've only once got a fully crafted gear piece, and most of the times I get more challenge gear, which I already have thousands of. I would like these pieces to be farmable, instead of relying on RNG generated rewards. I have at least 5 toons which I'm currently interested in gearing for TWs, and none of which I can do anything about because they all require raid gear, which is impossible to farm. I've had more trouble gearing past g9 and 10 than I have taking some toons to G12, where most of the gear is in stores and you just need a little patience to get. If I at least got some raid gear for sure every raid this wouldn't even be this big of an issue, but sometimes it can be months until I get a single drop of the gear I'm looking for, while getting challenge gear, and most of the times you need a couple drops to get enough to fully craft the gear you need. A couple of examples would be the Mk5 Arakyd Droid Caller or Mk6 Nubian Design Tech. Yes, I know they sometimes pop up on stores but not at a reliable rate, and even then it requires you to spend resources that sometimes you already spent on something else you are reliably farming from that store.
    What I would like to see is these pieces appearing somewhere reliably, even if the drop rates aren't the best, so I at least feel like I'm making some progress. Otherwise it's just frustrating having some characters just sitting there, waiting.
This discussion has been closed.