Is Hoth Rebel Scout viable for Emperor's Demise?

I run a Dark team and I'm planning either a Jedi or a Resistance team for the light side.
So I want to invest in rebels strictly the
necessary minimum to unlock Palpatine.
Right now I have AA 5*, STHAN 5*, Lando 4*, Biggs 5* that I'm planning to upgrade and develop for the event. I was considering for the fifth my 3* HFS (easier to farm from cantina store). I know that Biggs works better with Wedge, but I loathe him. So my question is simple: Can this team unlock Palpatine, and if not what other easy to farm toon I should use.

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    He would work but I'll give you some advice you may not want to hear.

Just get wedge. He will help you in every game made. He will help you in both raids and that is important. If you do good in raids the chances of you being in a good solid guild are a lot better
  • HRScout is above average, but not top tier. He used to be relevant until power creep suffocated him. Now he's out.
  • HRScout is above average, but not top tier. He used to be relevant until power creep suffocated him. Now he's out.

+1 here, I have him 7* lvl 80 gear lvl 9 he worked great up until the final challenge to get Palps 7* then I had to switch him out for Leia. I ran Wedge, Biggs, STH Lando Leia to finally win it. It is not easy.
  • Yes
  • Thanks for the replies
    Like I said I don't want a great rebel team, i just want a good enough for Palp team. The reason I chosed HRScout is because since I finished farming Boba the only other toon I want, for now, from cantina store is Poe. So i can farm HRS to 7* without disrupting to much my farming for other toons that I actually want.
    I am farming AA and STH from arena and Biggs from GW for the same reasons.

But for cantina nodes I have other priorities (B2,RG,Lando,Finn) before I can start thinking about farming Wedge or other rebels. And from guild and fleet shipments I am farming Vader, Maul and Rey.

So for people that said that a team with HRS isn't good enough, who do you think i should make my 5th:Leia or SRP (at least, even if he is from cantina nodes, i already have him at 4* and g6, plus I use Bistan's ship).

• HRScout is good enough. I doubt you'll ever use him again though (unless there is a re-work).
    So, do you want to put a bunch of resources in him just for Palp...
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I used HRSc to get EP unlocked. When the event came back, I had Wiggs, so it didn't matter.
  • HRSc will work, I 7* the original EP event with the exact lineup the OP is looking at. However, Wedge is FAR better. HRSc used to be a surprisingly good toon that was often overlooked but, as has been noted above, powercreep has made him irrelevant.
  • I got Palp 7st with Leia L, St Han, Luke, Biggs and Hoth Scout. All were 7st and level 85, but none was over gear 7. I still don't have Wedge, I'll get him when he pops up. I have major OCD, so I farm strictly from left to right in all areas. Wedge is in Cantina level 6, so it will be a while
  • Won emperors demise with - AA, Leia, StHan Scout and Biggs, but I've had scout from day 1 and he was on my original arena team so he's close to max gear, he's at t 10, and has good mods.

For non elite guilds he is really good for raids .. Stun, double attack on crit, tm up for whole team on basic ..
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Jetlife wrote: »

Just get wedge. He will help you in every game made. He will help you in both raids and that is important. If you do good in raids the chances of you being in a good solid guild are a lot better

This. Emperors Demise likely wont come back until the Summer sometime, so you have plenty of time to farm up a 7* rebels squad. If you are already investing in them to 7*, might as well get the ones that are most useful, Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan/AA(Possibly Leia here also). You wont regret investing in the Wiggs combo, they do outstanding damage in raids and lately I have been using them to help me clear GW with Palp (L), TFP & RG. It's worth it to farm Wedge instead of throwing away shards at HRS.
  • Darlex11 wrote: »
    Jetlife wrote: »

This. Emperors Demise likely wont come back until the Summer sometime, so you have plenty of time to farm up a 7* rebels squad. If you are already investing in them to 7*, might as well get the ones that are most useful, Wedge/Biggs/Lando/STHan/AA(Possibly Leia here also). You wont regret investing in the Wiggs combo, they do outstanding damage in raids and lately I have been using them to help me clear GW with Palp (L), TFP & RG. It's worth it to farm Wedge instead of throwing away shards at HRS.

I decided to follow this advice so I didn't farm HRSc, but since Palp comes in March and I really want him (even at 5 stars) I don't have time to farm Wedge. So once again is it worth farming HRSc or is better to put another star to my 4 stars SRP and try to get Palp with AA 5* Sthan 7* Biggs 7* Lando (hopefully 7* in march) and SRP 5*?
    Also if all had 7 stars who would be better SRP or HRSc in this team?