They're everywhere, and we love it!

I can't be the only person who has noticed that the devs have been all over the forum recently. The little comments and clarifications are much appreciated.

Them being active on the boards has a number of benefits. They can correct the completely WRONG ideas that people get in their heads after reading the updates which get bounced around, and accepted as fact. It diffuses unnecessary anger in their customers before it spirals out of control. They built enthusiasm for coming updates with extra little teasers. There comments have our guild psyched for February. And actually seeing them comment regularly reminds some of us that they're actual real live people, and I think reduces the toxic comments that start when people are annoyed about something, and start blaming it on the "wizards behind the curtain."

I'm sure the devs are very busy, but literally 5 min a day of kindly trolling us on the boards has a massive positive impact on the community. I hope they stay active on here. Thanks again devs for your work on this game, and for the resent communication surge.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    +1
  • +1 Just commented about this yesterday, the devs are active and really listening to what we have to say.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    It's awesome that they were able to give us some information yesterday!! And actually Kozi replied to one of my comment with a smart/trolling gif which completly cracked me up!!
    It really gave me some hope for good things to come in th future!!
  • OMG dev sending a gif after 3 weeks of silence.
    Let us sacrifice a firstborn and a virgin to thank them for their mercy.

You people are so easily "puppeteered".
    Dance for me dance!
  • S
    Jetlife wrote: »
    It's awesome that they were able to give us some information yesterday!! And actually Kozi replied to one of my comment with a smart/trolling gif which completly cracked me up!!
    It really gave me some hope for good things to come in th future!!

Senpai noticed you?
    Don't forget to thank him by throwing money at him.
  • Midirataj wrote: »
    OMG dev sending a gif after 3 weeks of silence.

Dance for me dance!

I've seen at least half a dozen comments from the devs in the span of a day or two. So I don't think a thank you for the extra communication is overboard. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they do with the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Midirataj wrote: »
    OMG dev sending a gif after 3 weeks of silence.

Dance for me dance!

just a simple thanks sure beats being salty as a **** ;) "puppeteered" haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • +1

• I would love if we could just get something like "Hey, we're looking at reworking character XYZ" or "we have these characters planned for release in the future". I don't care if it's vague, just something to know what they're working on or even thinking about working on. Lack of communication leads us to think/feel that they're not doing anything (obviously not the case). Player base is totally blind to the direction the game is going until the plop happens.
  • From what I've heard, the devs read quite a bit of what goes up here. Some say they read it all, I have a hard time believing that personally, but when they pop in to different discussions, it is proof they see what we like and don't like.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Vacation can do wonders for re-engaging in work afterwards :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I questioned how the outfit is being run on our guild chat. I assume the Thanksgiving through new year's time of year would show a possible spike in game play??? If that is true, believe they should have not went to skeleton crew and had more content ready to fly right after their customers were coming off vacation to keep the momentum, instead of regurgitating old events.

Everyone has power, and products because many people actually still do work during the holidays
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    +1
  • Yeah it's always awesome to see the devs engaging in conversation with the community.

I think they might need a more obvious appearance because some people seem to not be able to identify them as devs, though.

I actually intended to create a threat complaining about all the dev spam. But I wasn't sure everyone would get that joke so I didn't lol.