Time to replace Vader in achievements

Prev1
The new assault battle brings to mind that many of the beginning players have already aquired 7* Vader, and will have no need for 10 Vader shards. It's time to replace him in the lifetime achievements and introduce a new set of levels to gain a different exclusive character. Gen. Kenobi would be a good candidate.

Replies

• Options
    Good spot to add Jedi Luke IMO
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    They would have to add a whole lot of achievements then.

GK is not a good idea. People get him from the tank raid. There's no need to add another place to earn his shards.

Jedi Luke would be good but if they don't add more achievements then it will be a very long time before anybody has him.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Lol General Kenobi, you wish. Also remember that not everyone has been playing for a year plus and may not be close to a 7* Vader so no need to replace
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I think if you've earned a 7* Vader via any in-game means that the achievements left to unlock should be geared towards his ship...not a new idea but I feel it is a good one.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    They could add new achievements based off of ships and fleet arena, and introduce a new character with those achievements. Vader should be left for the thousands of players that don't have him at 7 stars me being one of them.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Many still don't have Vader at 7*. New achievements could potentially use a new character, but as mentioned you would need to develop a TON of new achievements. Unless you give out huge amounts of shards/achievement.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    I think if you've earned a 7* Vader via any in-game means that the achievements left to unlock should be geared towards his ship...not a new idea but I feel it is a good one.

Could be an alternative to the tournaments as well
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Options
    Vader's ship would make a fair amount more sense particularly since most achievements will be based on expansions and most of those will be related to the ship table. Existing achievements would retain vader shard rewards and maybe a few character specific achievements like earning account level 90/95/100.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

That's brilliant. I change my answer to this.
  • Options
    15 vader shards are worth 1 Grevious shard once you 7* him, so they're not completely useless.
  • Options
    Not everyone is an end game player. How would new folks get Vader? Fleet doesn't unlock for a minute, and they need to spend their fleet tokens on ships.

There's more to this game than us.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    A conversion for vader excess shards to his ship would be nice
  • Options
    Keep the early achievements vader. The later, that most older players haven't gotten yet, something else.

He's easier to get in fleet shipments now so achievements aren't as special as they once were.
  • Options
    jackstraw wrote: »
    15 vader shards are worth 1 Grevious shard once you 7* him, so they're not completely useless.
    Piggybacking off of this--The way most folks get Vader to 6* is through the shard shop (intended for Greivous). Now fleet (intended for ships). Keeping Vader in achievements allows new players to focus on the intended uses of those shops.
  • Options
    I've been playing since The Force Awakens and I still don't have him there yet. He's pretty close but so many started playing after that and not everyone has him yet. I think it just depends on Shard Shop luck too.
    What would be cool is if they changed it so that after Vader is 7 stars achievements grant a new character.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    I question why he was ever added to fleet shipments. It was quite the accomplishment at the time to 7* Vader. Now, it's as exciting as unlocking Tuskan Shaman. A new exclusive toon is in order for the achievements.
  • Options

F an A!

1 grevious shard = bantha poodoo .... can't believe i wasted my time unlocking grevious, gearing him and him defying the laws of physics by suckingandblowing simultaneously.

Got him halway to 6* and gonna stat that way until he gets reworked.

I used to root for him...but totally and utterly abandoned him when tank raid came out and i see that awesome grevious vs. our super cruddy grevious... #iwassomad
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

While I like this idea, there are also people with his ship at 7* and once we get more and more chances at vader's ship blueprints eventually we will all have his ship at 7* too. It's a nice idea, but doesn't really solve the problem eternally as there are other ways to get vader's ship (the tournament, and maybe more later). Jedi Luke (Another extremely iconic character) would make a good alternative for a new achievement farm which would push people to really achieve the 7* vader goal.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Piggybacking off of this--The way most folks get Vader to 6* is through the shard shop (intended for Greivous). Now fleet (intended for ships). Keeping Vader in achievements allows new players to focus on the intended uses of those shops.

Except Grievous is also in fleet shipments, which renders the shard shop basically a dumb way to farm grievous in the long run. Much better for raid gear at this point.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Would LOVE shards after 7 star to become his ship in the achievements. I'm collecting Grevious mostly because I feel he has a re-work coming his way and certainly a ship (if not as admiral)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    What would be cool is if they changed it so that after Vader is 7 stars achievements grant a new character.
    It'd be cool if once you hit 7* with Vader, all future Vader shards from achievements become TIE Advance blueprints.
    I question why he was ever added to fleet shipments.
    He's a pilot. It looks like all the characters in fleet are pilots, or have been datamined to eventually be pilots. Which, now that I think about the implications of that, makes me want to save up for when Jyn gets in there.

There are notable exceptions (TIE Pilot and FOTP are both missing) but from that point of view, Vader's inclusion makes sense.
    Got him halway to 6* and gonna stat that way until he gets reworked.
    Err... All characters are bad at 5* compated to 7*. I have Greivous at 6*, gear 10, and he's ludicrous
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Except Grievous is also in fleet shipments, which renders the shard shop basically a dumb way to farm grievous in the long run. Much better for raid gear at this point.
    In my experience--which I admit isn't universal--it's still faster through Shard Shop. I get about 1 GG shard a day (ie: one 5 shard shipment every 5 days) using GW tokens, and about 0.5 a day (ie: one 5 shard shipment every 10 days) from fleet.

I thought it'd be easy to get the last 100 shards for his final star, but all this time later I was sitting at 50 before switching back to GW tokens. Now I'm at 70, withonly 5 of those coming from fleet.
  • Options
    Additional Vader shard past 7star convert at a 5to1 for Vader tie
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i wouldn't mind this at all!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    DV's ship shard would be cool
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Luke! Or another new OP toon that will take a long time to 7*. Took most people a year to 7* Vader.
  • Options
    If you don't have Vader at 7☆ by now and have been playing for a year probably time to find another game!
  • Options
    +1 OP
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Additional Vader shard past 7star convert at a 5to1 for Vader tie

This ^^. You have to think of the view from the bottom. New players are still building him up. They can make a lot of progress On Vader before they even unlock ships.
  • Options
    They're not going to do this. As an example, I've been playing this game everyday for over year and I'm still about 70 shards out from 7*ing Vader. Then, you have plenty of people who started recently who have Vader nowhere near 7*. Your extra Vader shards can go into the shard shop, which is becoming more useful by the day
  • Options
    +1 to the OP

New achievements with a new character would be great.
  • Options
    I think that the lifetime achievement rewards should change from character shards to copious amounts of shop currency across all shops. That would eventually overflow into the shard shop.