Crystal pack prices just gone up!

Prev134
Not sure if any one else noticed but me and guildy have seen packs gone up in price!

Use to be £17.99 for most popular now showing £19.99! And others increased!

Nothing in update notes are others seeing this rise?

Replies

• Yep vaults £99.99 now
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Genghus
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Looks like it might be an iOS increase great, wonder if we will get some confirmation?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Must be they think th pound is the value of the dollar.
    Yet just searching dollar to pound says the dollar is .84 pounds.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Could be but android user in U.K. Don't seem to have the price increase!
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Inb4!

4267839-geordi_roll_lock.gif
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Apple is adjusting its prices if there is too big change in relationship to the USD. I have seen both directions (I am in Japan).
  • Mine has just gone up 33%.

Game over. Greedy scum
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    us company wanting us revenue in non us countries , it'll be in the cayman islands anyway
  • I think it's because Apple have put all their prices up on the app store. As EA have obviously made an effort to keep the prices the same across all platforms (until now), perhaps they will adjust the cost of their in-game purchases for the UK. However, from my experience of the game this past year my advice would be that if you own an iPhone and want to play this game you either by a separate android device to play it (which would actually work out cheaper) or go find another game to play altogether.
  • Unfortunately for anyone in the UK (inc. me) many things will see a price hike. Value of the pound and uncertainty around Brexit... I know Apple have increased app store prices, I think everyone will follow suit just because they can!
  • Yep noticed it too. Shame I was planning on purchasing a vault at the next 25% crystals offer. Ain't gunna happen now
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Value of euro dropped, still the same us cost

Edit: that would be my guess anyway
  • I don't even live in the uk and they've put my price up. 33%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game is already stupidly expensive. Now this.
  • Mine is £14.99 for 2800 crystals. Dont see any change.
  • Yep was about to think about buying some pack to lvl ships ain't happening now lol
    Price hikes happen but would of been nice to have some advance warning then at least could of done some last min hording
  • Was £14.99 now £19.99
  • Yeah max pack now £99.99 safe to say I won't be buying anymore crystals lol
  • Clearly just iOS.
    Another **** take
  • TEOAG
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but...
    Why do I pay tax on AE/GOH purchases when I don't on the other game I play (Walking Dead No Land). I'm in the U.S. if that helps? Thanks.
  • In a galaxy not so far away iOS prices were reduced today
  • Create a USA apple account, delete SWGOH, reinstall from USA account, load from game center. If it dosent accept your address/ card then create a free account and buy iTunes gift cards online. I did this with Clash of Clans back in the day.
  • Is this just on iOS and not Android?
  • They value our custom 25% more today than yesterday :D
  • Schwin wrote: »
    Is this just on iOS and not Android?

Just checked and it's still £79.99 for me on android.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Now do you understand why we were upset about the stamp act?
    Topple that queen and join civilized society. Our currency is awesome.
  • More importantly, we really need CG to make this game really cross platform and allow customers to migrate accounts from one OS to the other. This would prevent losing customers if they change the type of phone to start with. And this would make it possible for customers to show the finger to a platform provider who gets too greedy.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Baal wrote: »
    Now do you understand why we were upset about the stamp act?
    Topple that queen and join civilized society. Our currency is awesome.

Lol
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Last week's news. Folks need to read up on the world and get off his darn game once in a while:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/17/14293940/uk-app-store-price-increase-brexit
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    And this would make it possible for customers to show the finger to a platform provider who gets too greedy.
    Schwin wrote: »

Google will be following suit, mark my word. Inflation has nothing to do with Apple, and they aren't responsible for how folks vote, nor how governments levy taxes. Y'all need to learn Economics 101.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • 15k gems raised from 270 turkish lira (70 USD) to 350 (91 USD). %33 increase.

Minimum wage in Turkey is 360 USD :)
  • Last week's news. Folks need to read up on the world and get off his darn game once in a while:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/17/14293940/uk-app-store-price-increase-brexit
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    And this would make it possible for customers to show the finger to a platform provider who gets too greedy.
    Schwin wrote: »

Google will be following suit, mark my word. Inflation has nothing to do with Apple, and they aren't responsible for how folks vote, nor how governments levy taxes. Y'all need to learn Economics 101.

How is the view from up there? This is way beyond macro/micro Econ 101 where they cover about laws of supply and demand, diminishing returns and utility.