Crystal pack prices just gone up!

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Relax - maybe Google will increase their prices too... and maybe Apple will increase their prices in other countries too... so it will be fair again :smile:

didn't this change make it more fair for Australian players? From what i've read on this forum they have always paid way more than the rest of the world for their crystals.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Relax - maybe Google will increase their prices too... and maybe Apple will increase their prices in other countries too... so it will be fair again :smile:

didn't this change make it more fair for Australian players? From what i've read on this forum they have always paid way more than the rest of the world for their crystals.

Well, the cost of shipping those heavy crystals all the way to Australia....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Well, the cost of shipping those heavy crystals all the way to Australia....

LOL - that explains why I've never heard about whales from Antarctica - crystal prices are ridiculous :smile:
  • Options
    This happens in every game in the App Store. Over the past 2 years there have been large fluctuations in the value of the USD, EUR, and GBP. It has to be expected companies adjust accordingly. I wouldn't consider it a price increase but rather a currency hedge for a US based company.
  • Options
    Shouldn't have left the EU
    #Brexit #ownfault #voted
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    #Brexit #ownfault #voted

Just because Apple Strore?!? I think you overreacting. :smile: (just joking)
  • Options
    Android hasn't changed, good old Apple again I guess...
  • Options
    #Brexit #ownfault #voted

I'm not in the EU nor Britain and my prices went up 33%.
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »

You are the one talking politics here. Accept democratie and stop making up stories against the choice of a majority who think differently and actually won the referendume and Apple commercial practices. The figures do not match anyway between Apple IAP 25% increase and the British Pound fluctuation, also Apple adjusted their price in other non UK countries, so much for the Brexit argument.

I am not making up stories, I just follow the market and I am repeating the news widely reported. Business analysts pointed out that the recent Apple price hikes in the UK were triggered by Brexit, and Apple was not the first company to do so. You might as well tell e.g MacWorld and The Financial Times to "stop making up stories" , your denial does not make the explanation invalid. ;-)
  • Options
    Ofc googol will increase prices too. I just hope that the iOS fools have to pay more.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    #Brexit #ownfault #voted

I'm not in the EU nor Britain and my prices went up 33%.

It's Apple...pretty much taking advantage of the situation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lin
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Quick questions, some of my guild mate said the price of crystal increased in SWGOH, but it decreased in Force Arena. Can any IOS Britain confirm this?
  • Options
    Brexit is just a bogus excuse to raise prices and blame it on a convenient bogeyman. Sterling is in no trouble at all, in fact the BoE has been deliberately devaluing it by printing banknotes for years now.

Please don't poison the gaming community boards with politics, this is for playing SWGoH, not a Snowflake rant column.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    Fodder1978 wrote: »
    Brexit is just a bogus excuse to raise prices and blame it on a convenient bogeyman. Sterling is in no trouble at all, in fact the BoE has been deliberately devaluing it by printing banknotes for years now.

Please don't poison the gaming community boards with politics, this is for playing SWGoH, not a Snowflake rant column.

Strongtium Dog?

• Options
    Fodder1978 wrote: »

You're wrong about the sterling but ok no more politics.
  • Options
    First of all, everyone calm down! Second of all, this had NOTHING to do with EA/CG.
    And so far this price increase only affects iOS users in the UK (and Turkey too I believe), but Android will most likely follow suit soon (in the UK). It's because of Brexit and the devaluation of the British pound £. Apple hiked their prices up ACROSS THE BOARD, throughout their app store. Again, EA/CG and the devs have absolutely nothing to do with this, they have no control at all over this one. So blame the Brexit voters in the UK and blame Erdoğan in Turkey...
  • Nzane
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mjm_matt wrote: »
    Create a USA apple account, delete SWGOH, reinstall from USA account, load from game center. If it dosent accept your address/ card then create a free account and buy iTunes gift cards online. I did this with Clash of Clans back in the day.

Apple raised the prices here in Sweden by 20% last year. Vaultpack went from 995kr - 1195kr (109usd - 135 usd).

So i created a free US Itunes account and buy iTunes gift cards online. Problem solved :)

And btw, you don't need to delete SWGOH. You only need to log on with your newly created US account in appstore.
  • Options
    A few business analysts reported that Apple's price hike was compatible with the currency devaluation. In other words, they didn't just take Brexit as an excuse to gouge up the prices.

This was caused by the fluctuation of exchange rates, which is a consequence of Brexit's impact in the UK economy. I was very upset back when Apple's prices in Brazil soared up as well, but oh well, it's the nature of business.

Fact of the matter is that economy is affected by politics, and this game is just another vanity product in the sea of entertainment.
  • Options
    Nzane wrote: »
    Create a USA apple account, delete SWGOH, reinstall from USA account, load from game center. If it dosent accept your address/ card then create a free account and buy iTunes gift cards online. I did this with Clash of Clans back in the day.

Apple raised the prices here in Sweden by 20% last year. Vaultpack went from 995kr - 1195kr (109usd - 135 usd).

So i created a free US Itunes account and buy iTunes gift cards online. Problem solved :)

And btw, you don't need to delete SWGOH. You only need to log on with your newly created US account in appstore.

You have to have a US registered credit card, right?
  • Options
    Everyone calm down.

Prices are based off of USD. The dollar is doing way better against the euro and pound now than when the game came out. Prices are the same in US currency as they always were

Don't look at it as a price increase, look at it as you got a deal for over a year and be thankful, it's been $99 for us the whole time
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Everyone calm down.

Prices are based off of USD. The dollar is doing way better against the euro and pound now than when the game came out. Prices are the same in US currency as they always were

Don't look at it as a price increase, look at it as you got a deal for over a year and be thankful, it's been $99 for us the whole time

£1 = 1.24 dollars currently so ... No it's not doing way better in the sense of an equal exchange 1:1 it would still be an unfair price variance considering the exchange rate wouldn't you agree?

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I have android. It has always been $19.99 for the most popular option. Crystals were cheaper for IOS users before? That's pretty messed up...
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I have android. It has always been $19.99 for the most popular option. Crystals were cheaper for IOS users before? That's pretty messed up...

American prices haven't changed neither ios nor android lmao
  • Options
    Everyone calm down.

so your $99 vault at current exchange rate should be £81.40
    Player Name: Irella Starfallen
    Ugnaught Kingdom
  • Options
    Are you actually kidding me!?!?!? After the amount of money I have spent on this game and now you are going to charge me £20.00 more for a vault of crystals and give me the exact same amount??? I would not have no issue paying 33% more if I got 33% more crystals but seriously @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera give some respect to your loyal paying player base that have been with you since day one. If the price is £99.99 fine but please give me value for that and increase the crystal amounts given accordingly
  • Options
    Nzane wrote: »

Way to go giving your country, thus its people, 0 tax dollars and helping us poor Americans. You're committing tax evasion and fraud, FYI. And, how did you get your US registered credit card?
    DJC_Chris wrote: »
    Are you actually kidding me!?!?!? After the amount of money I have spent on this game and now you are going to charge me £20.00 more for a vault of crystals and give me the exact same amount??? I would not have no issue paying 33% more if I got 33% more crystals but seriously EA_Jesse CG_Kozispoon CG_JohnSalera give some respect to your loyal paying player base that have been with you since day one. If the price is £99.99 fine but please give me value for that and increase the crystal amounts given accordingly

Quit calling the Devs in for something beyond their control. Pay attention and read the news, this isn't EA/CG.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane how is this beyond a developers control. Apple put their prices up for international customers so developers could put the amount of crystals for international customers up accordingly. How is it a fair and level playing field if I'm paying $125.00 for the exact same thing American players are getting for $99.99.

Is that going to encourage me to spend more and continue to support the game as I've done since December 2015 or make me seriously reconsider my spending on the game altogether as I fall further and farther behind American spenders on my shard, in tournaments and in my guild
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Well it's not EA's fault in this case, this is Apple's opportunism. They've increased prices by far more than the fall in the value of Sterling, this was their excuse to finally turn £79.99 into £99.99, in line with the USA.

All IOS games are affected, they were changed at the same time last night.

I would expect Google Play to follow, but if they don't then the platform war will be very real. I'll be the first in line to get off IOS for good, and companies like EA will need to facilitate switching the OS for their game (Clash of Clans allows this).

The bottom line is that what was already a ridiculously expensive hobby just got 25% more expensive, and I simply can't justify throwing money away like this anymore. £100 is a LOT of money, now it's 4 vaults for the price for 5.

I'll continue to play with what I've already got, which is more than most. I don't care about winning anymore, I've been there and done that for long enough.

Yep, agreed. I will be going back to Android. They make better products anyway. They have been doing some shady business practices recently.
  • Options
    I don't get the fuzz.. If you found it reasonable before to spend $100 on virtual currency which vanishes into bad rng in the matter of seconds, then money isn't really an issue for you anyway..