679 posts Member
edited April 2017
deleted

Post edited by chuckwing on

Replies

• Bariss nerf
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    they need change her appearance apply all the nerf darts on her head she's received that's 2 now lmao
  • Not just the one that lost against that team but the ones that aling their resources to collect shards and gear up barris to end with this announcement... This is super unfair. >:(
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    People are still going to use her. If anything, she makes teams stronger now because you have to get rid of her before anyone else
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    People are still going to use her. If anything, she makes teams stronger now because you have to get rid of her before anyone else

This!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • The nerf isn't as drastic as some people think, but it was enough to prevent a lot of us from being able to beat her. Being 5v1 vs Fives and not being able to finish him with 2 minutes still left on the clock is beyond frustrating, and was a common occurrence.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Cry some more XD waaa I wasn't able to get all my crystals cause someone's team actually managed to defend against my poorly modded team... why can't it be easy to win... I need to be reimbursed for the crystals you guys with barris took from me... why is life so unfair!!! (Smashes legs set in 6 year old rage fit)
  • Durrun wrote: »
    Cry some more XD waaa I wasn't able to get all my crystals cause someone's team actually managed to defend against my poorly modded team... why can't it be easy to win... I need to be reimbursed for the crystals you guys with barris took from me... why is life so unfair!!! (Smashes legs set in 6 year old rage fit)

Logic isn't strong with this one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    chuckwing wrote: »
    So the people who upgraded her zeta skill all benefited from it while it was broke, and they get their materials back now that you guys finally figured out this is a problem. Generous of you guys, but the people you are rewarding are the ones who were benefiting from the problem. Meanwhile those of us who were locked out of spots in arena because we were unable to beat this broken team, we are the ones who have gotten shafted. We are the ones who lost out on crystals. We are the ones who were leveling and gearing certain toons for the sole reason to try to counter her insane, broken zeta skill. Our shard was locked out of first for at least two weeks while one camping whale sat in 1st with his Kenobi, Barriss zeta team and nobody could beat him within the allotted time. I can speak for the 6-7 guys in my shard who all lost out on at least 50 crystals per day while this problem persisted. I am sure this happened in shards all over this game.... so where is our fix? We are the ones who lost out on this move by you guys.

I am a little confused, can you explain or better yet record and show us your winning strategy now that the changes have been made..... I don't think your original strategy was to target her first, and I'm not sure you will have better luck doing it that way anyway.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I'll give you some suggestions, anakin, palpatine, ig88... all give healing immunity... darth maul does double damage to kenobi, options exist. Pick one and figure it out as opposed to whining that it's unfair and not using the counters that already exist in the game
  • I am a little confused, can you explain or better yet record and show us your winning strategy now that the changes have been made..... I don't think your original strategy was to target her first, and I'm not sure you will have better luck doing it that way anyway.[/quote]

Fives and Barriss are the last two left when facing this team. (Kenobi L, Barriss, Fives, Chaze) You kill Barriss and Fives sits there and takes all of your damage for two minutes straight and keeps healing every time he is crit, and you can't kill him. This had happened multiple times to me and everyone in shard chat. You are assuming that now people can kill her first, I never mentioned that. If she dies next to last, that is still the most viable kill order and still affects the outcome of the battle.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    And? You're suggesting you would like her ability which is a ZETA requiring weeks of farming... to be a non threat and easily countered
    I'll give you some suggestions, anakin, palpatine, ig88... all give healing immunity... darth maul does double damage to kenobi, options exist. Pick one and figure it out as opposed to whining that it's unfair and not using the counters that already exist in the game

https://swgoh.gg/u/framingdragon88/

I have a zeta vader now so this team is no problem. Before you face the team I mentioned, I would temper your optimism with the toons you listed. I tried them all, and failed with all.
    And? You're suggesting you would like her ability which is a ZETA requiring weeks of farming... to be a non threat and easily countered

You are totally missing the point of the post dude. I am not saying her zeta should be easily countered. I am saying they admitted something was broke, and that break caused a ton of people to lose out on rewards because it made her teams harder to kill than they were supposed to be.
  • Full stops and paragraphs
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Please. Nerf. Rey. Unbelievable terror.
  • chuckwing wrote: »
    So the people who upgraded her zeta skill all benefited from it while it was broke, and they get their materials back now that you guys finally figured out this is a problem. Generous of you guys, but the people you are rewarding are the ones who were benefiting from the problem. Meanwhile those of us who were locked out of spots in arena because we were unable to beat this broken team, we are the ones who have gotten shafted. We are the ones who lost out on crystals. We are the ones who were leveling and gearing certain toons for the sole reason to try to counter her insane, broken zeta skill. Our shard was locked out of first for at least two weeks while one camping whale sat in 1st with his Kenobi, Barriss zeta team and nobody could beat him within the allotted time. I can speak for the 6-7 guys in my shard who all lost out on at least 50 crystals per day while this problem persisted. I am sure this happened in shards all over this game.... so where is our fix? We are the ones who lost out on this move by you guys.

Nice try but no free goodies for you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am a little confused, can you explain or better yet record and show us your winning strategy now that the changes have been made..... I don't think your original strategy was to target her first, and I'm not sure you will have better luck doing it that way anyway.

Fives and Barriss are the last two left when facing this team. (Kenobi L, Barriss, Fives, Chaze) You kill Barriss and Fives sits there and takes all of your damage for two minutes straight and keeps healing every time he is crit, and you can't kill him. This had happened multiple times to me and everyone in shard chat. You are assuming that now people can kill her first, I never mentioned that. If she dies next to last, that is still the most viable kill order and still affects the outcome of the battle.[/quote]

I just think that if you couldn't beat that team before, this change didn't change much to that sinario.... you talk about the benefits they had and why you should be compensated but I think your still in the same position...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Fives and Barriss are the last two left when facing this team. (Kenobi L, Barriss, Fives, Chaze) You kill Barriss and Fives sits there and takes all of your damage for two minutes straight and keeps healing every time he is crit, and you can't kill him. This had happened multiple times to me and everyone in shard chat. You are assuming that now people can kill her first, I never mentioned that. If she dies next to last, that is still the most viable kill order and still affects the outcome of the battle.

I just think that if you couldn't beat that team before, this change didn't change much to that sinario.... you talk about the benefits they had and why you should be compensated but I think your still in the same position...[/quote]

Durrun wrote: »

Logic isn't strong with this one.

My team is not poorly modded. Gk barris teams can't kill any of my toons. I just can't beat theirs because of her unique. I have no barris unique and they can't beat mine.

No it isn't, responder
  • She was easy to beat before the nerf. Just put Wiggs on the bench and learn how to play.
  • Nice try but no free goodies for you.

896c709f43615dd13925a621c60c9433.gif

• And the top it all off, those who got the benefit of the broken zeta barris get a bonus 500 crystals, further increasing their advantage.

Well done cg, well done.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @chuckwing
    So what I'm hearing is you'd like EA to personally go through and award crystals to those people who we're close to rank 1 but couldn't achieve it due someone using a legitimate strategy that in all honesty dosent change much from them to now. Then you'd like them to calculate how much currency you "missed" and believe you are entitled to based solely on the fact that you've been in rank 1 before and therefore it's your given right to be able to take it anytime you want to. Yes the ability made it difficult to win. Why are we upset about this?? For the first time you actually had to think about and counter a squad on defense as opposed to pressing auto with your wiggs squad and going for coffe. The game changes, change with it or be left behind. Don't stand there whining about how you missed out, and why you're entitled to free things. That's not how this game, or the world works. This is not an attack on you OP you raised a decent topic of discussion. But you presented it in a manner that was about your own personal "loss" and why you should be compensated for it. Then went on to attack those who zetad her for winning in arena. They are only playing the game with the resources provided, there is no rule that says they can't use any strategy to stay on top because it's in your eyes "unfair", they are just using the tools that exist and it is the purpose of the game to find your own way around it to take that spot from them. If their squad is better than yours then they deserve to be in first. That's the point that's how it works... again not attacking you and you raised good points about the ability itself, it is your argument about what you are personally entitled to and how we who used the tools we are given in the game to progress and hold position have somehow "shafted you". It is that line of argument that I find flawed. Thank you.

So just to be sure i understand you are complaining on 14* 50 crystal ... 700 crystal right?
  • They were able to take advantage of the bug and got crystals as compensation for the bug fix
  • So, do the people that zeta'd Barriss get to keep her zeta'd, get the zeta mats back and get crystals? Or does she get stripped of her zeta'ing (meaning you have to re-apply the returned zetas)?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So, do the people that zeta'd Barriss get to keep her zeta'd, get the zeta mats back and get crystals? Or does she get stripped of her zeta'ing (meaning you have to re-apply the returned zetas)?

Zeta was reversed and can reinvest in her zeta or another.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    ImjustaPUG wrote: »
    And the top it all off, those who got the benefit of the broken zeta barris get a bonus 500 crystals, further increasing their advantage.

Well done cg, well done.

Is this true?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Off topic but,
    This had happened multiple times to me and everyone in shard chat.

I just hit level 81, usually get first at my arena payout, but embarrassingly enough don't know how to access shard chat. How is this done?