Speed Mods

I wanted to see how everyone found good mods with speed as the secondary stat. I'm starting to run into squads in the arena that have crazy fast toons. I'm still competitive in top 5 but want to make sure I stay that way.

Do I need to build up my resistance team or is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    It's a gamble. Mod secondaries are random. And then the secondaries level randomly. Some get randomly levelled multiple times. THAT'S how the crazy speed secondaries happen.

Speed Mods are only a set bonus. For most toons that aren't fast to begin with, you can get better bonuses through secondaries on 4 mods than you can get for the outright speed bonus.
  • Ok, sounds like I just need to farm a bunch of mods to see what mods get secondary speed bonus and then see how much they level?

Any thoughts around how many times you level up before stopping to save resources?

Thanks!
  • I think the first secondary stat on the mod increases 4 times second 3 third 2 and fourth 1. Not 100% sure, but that's what I've read so if you get a mod with speed secondary showing in the first spot might be decent. Take the tier into consideration as well if it's 5 dots I'd risk it for the biscuit
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • What's crazy is I've found several with speed as the secondary stat but then it won't go up after initially unlocking. It just seems so random unless I'm missing something.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I use all of my cantina energy for farming mods. I've picked up very, very few with a speed secondary. The fastest ever is a +9. People with +18 speed secondaries are probably spending crystals in mod shipments, because months of farming with energy has only gotten me half that speed.
  • Theophany wrote: »
    I think the first secondary stat on the mod increases 4 times second 3 third 2 and fourth 1. Not 100% sure, but that's what I've read so if you get a mod with speed secondary showing in the first spot might be decent. Take the tier into consideration as well if it's 5 dots I'd risk it for the biscuit

it depends on the rarity.
    A common mod will only get new boni, no improvements in existing ones.
    A green mod will have one existing bonus improved (its random which one)
    Blue 2
    Purple 3
    Yellow 4

So for best result you want a yellow mod with an existing speed secondary, upgrade it and pray to the rng gods that it upgrades speed secondary 4 times.
    Theres no way of knowing which secondary will improve until you upgrade it.
  • Alrikster wrote: »
    Theophany wrote: »
    I think the first secondary stat on the mod increases 4 times second 3 third 2 and fourth 1. Not 100% sure, but that's what I've read so if you get a mod with speed secondary showing in the first spot might be decent. Take the tier into consideration as well if it's 5 dots I'd risk it for the biscuit

it depends on the rarity.
    A common mod will only get new boni, no improvements in existing ones.
    A green mod will have one existing bonus improved (its random which one)
    Blue 2
    Purple 3
    Yellow 4

So for best result you want a yellow mod with an existing speed secondary, upgrade it and pray to the rng gods that it upgrades speed secondary 4 times.
    Theres no way of knowing which secondary will improve until you upgrade it.

Wow, thank you! That's what I was looking for. That helps a lot!