Daily Login Reward!

Prev1
So if I'm doing the math correctly we will not get enough shards to unlock Finn at the end of the month. I have logged in every day and will be well short at the end of the month.

Is this WAI?

Replies

• Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    So if I'm doing the math correctly we will not get enough shards to unlock Finn at the end of the month. I have logged in every day and will be well short at the end of the month.

Is this WAI?

Yea, you always get the same # of character shards per month. Depending on the character you'll be able to unlock it, but sometimes you won't.
  • Well that stinks. I guess I was getting used to unlocking characters the last few months
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I imagine new characters they introduce in daily logins will be set to unlock at 2 stars (25 shards) so you get them at the end, but any character that is featured in daily login due to a rework, like Finn in this case, will vary
  • Well I don't think the shards from the reward are going to make me want to farm him the rest of the way. Seems like a waste to me.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Well I don't think the shards from the reward are going to make me want to farm him the rest of the way. Seems like a waste to me.

Not true. A guildie of mine has a Resistance squad and he's wrecking everyone and has done over 2m damage in the heroic AAT.
  • You need him to unlock the millennium falcon, though.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    You need him to unlock the millennium falcon, though.

Unlock the Millennium Falcon, lol.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    It helps those that may have already started farming him though.
  • Tachycardia
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    The **** is not farmable atm so that is kinda irrelevant.

Guess you can't type M F
  • Aero wrote: »

Lol
  • Has any one played against the falcon in arena? I hate that you can't see the top arena lineup in ships, just the leader.

I've only played against the falcon in some of the challenges.
  • I mean if you ever decide to farm Finn just consider it a nice head start :) definitely wish it was someone else but w/e it's free lol
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Is this WAI?

Yea, you always get the same # of character shards per month. Depending on the character you'll be able to unlock it, but sometimes you won't.

What was the character they gave extra shards on for the daily login character that time?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Is this WAI?

What was the character they gave extra shards on for the daily login character that time?

I forget, I know the month you're talking about though, I remember that. Just don't remember who the character was. But yes, other than that, they always give the same # of shards lol.
  • FOTP.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    FOTP.

That make sense as to why I had him somewhat farmed without remembering actually farming him at all lol.

Lol +1
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Actually in November 15 when the game released it was Darth Vader. But it was the end of November so not many shards. First full month was FOTP.
  • You always get 30 shards of the login character. That's why I had 30 Wedge shards for a long time.
  • Yeah - I usually can't unlock the monthly log-in after the month's done, they're usually only halfway, then stay that way for a long time. Did it with TFP, FOTP, Wedge, etc.

The only other time it was really useful was with Boba - the monthly was only a couple shards off of me 7*'ing him, so I farmed what I needed in Cantina and moved on to someone else. The end of the month, I had 7* Boba.
  • I did the exact thing with my Boba
  • Why complain about Finn being the monthly character. I though the community wanted this?
  • I am complaining more about the fact that the monthly character doesn't give enough shards to unlock. I thought it should
  • It's always been 30 shards no matter if the character requires 23/50/80 to unlock...In the cases with Bistan and SRP they needed 25 and we also had the events where we could get 1 shards daily for the whole month so that you can get them to 3*...
  • Right. I forgot about those dailys to boost shard count.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    unlock or no unlock, you'll still need 330 shards to get him to 7*. In the end having him at 30/80 or at 5/30(unlocked) doesn't really make a difference.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Finn is cool, not complaining about that. I went up against a full Resistance team the other day in Arena. They cleaned my clock.
  • At least you won't get screwed out of the final eight shards due to the New Years day login bug.
  • Also, one day, you might want to hunt after some of those speed mods...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

This.