Need expert advice please on Droid Leader. Poggle or HK?

DrpPnts4Food
224 posts Member
edited January 2016
Alright I already know a lot of you guys are shaking your head at the title because HK > Poggle for droid teams, but I need advice for my particular team. I've been sitting on rank 100-50 for quite some team. I've been experimenting a lot and finally made a push right into rank 16 with the following -

My team is:

Poe
Poggle
GS
Hk
Ig 86

HK's ability is fantastic, there's no doubt about it that he's the best leader for droid teams. Unfortunately my team only has 2 droids instead of the usual 3. This is why I'm not sure which leader is best.

Can any droid vets please give input?
Tekken 7
Post edited by DrpPnts4Food on

Replies

• I actually had a very interesting situation in the Arena today. The resident #1 is a whale with 7-8k power on me depending on my team. For a while my droids could take him out , but lately my team of
    HK(lead),Poe,Poggle, 86 and 88 (Classic droid team)

is struggling to take out his units early enough before Lumi/Barriss/JC heals. basically he had too much power for this side , i didnt have the DPS relative to his far higher power rating team to take advantage of Poe's taunt.

I tried not using Poe and bringing back my own Geo soldier for more firepower, bad idea as my squishes were unprotected in round 1 and lacked Poe's "speed boost"

today, i took out HK, put in Geo and set Poggle as leader. My thinking being that gave me more single target firepower as HK's lead is most effective using 88's and HK's AOE for multiple crits and immediate attack again, however these AOE's just got healed off immediately.

Worked a trick, got #1 again

Now, to make things relevant again to your post, since you dont have 88 you arent actually getting much of the benefit of HK lead. Poggle may actually be a better choice, however then having HK in your side actually doesn't make much sense at all- without his own leader ability he is slow and deals indifferent damage. But then replacing him with a non droid wouldnt make the most of Poggles lead. So a bit of a dilemna, but in the short run i would try a Poggle lead

Any reason why you dont have 88?

• HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hk hands down is the best for a full droid team. Droids crit often so the extra turn meter will is a godsend. 88s aoe has the potential to attack 2x in a row if it crits enough. I'm not really sure why you don't have him.

Poggle would probably be the better leader since it buffs 4/5 instead of 2/5.

• DrpPnts4Food
    224 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thank you both for the responses!

@Ptolemy ... you are right. HK doesn't do much when he's not the leader.

I was thinking of going the classic droid route but it just doesn't work yet. My server is a relatively new so our leveling up path plays a huge part who climbs the ladder in arena. For cantina nodes, the toss up was between GS and JC. My GS got really fat as a result of uncontested farm.

My GS is 5* purple while my 88 is 4* blue. I've ran 88 but he keeps getting burst down.

But you both make valid points and have inspired me to keep training 88. Hopefully he overtakes my GS soon. My cantina nodes go to 86 now so this will happen eventually

Thanks again guys!
    Tekken 7
  • Just looked at my squad and my HK is also 4* blue at the moment. Since HK and IG 88 compete for the same farm spot, I had this idea.

Poggle Leader
    GS
    Poe

Is this team feasible or should I just go classic?
    Tekken 7
  • Thats the team i used today, it was pretty **** effective and has made me consider dropping HK to focus on 88, if anything because like you say allows for faster farming so i can fast track the team to 7 stars.

Another thing to note is Geo does seem much easier to gear than most and he can be gear 9 with the current cap.

I think ill give this a go, since my Geo is also a key member of my GW team.

• Awesome, please keep me updated.

If possible, would I be able to add your friend code to check your progress?
    Tekken 7
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Just looked at my squad and my HK is also 4* blue at the moment. Since HK and IG 88 compete for the same farm spot, I had this idea.

Poggle Leader
    GS
    Poe

Is this team feasible or should I just go classic?

It's interesting as a band aid until you can properly level/stars/gear HK.
    I find HK very useful even not counting leadership. His meatbag bomb has a nice bunch of debuffs, specially vs teams with jedis, he can soak some damage, and once selfbuffed strike for decent damage for a non attacker
  • Ptolemy wrote: »
    I actually had a very interesting situation in the Arena today. The resident #1 is a whale with 7-8k power on me depending on my team. For a while my droids could take him out , but lately my team of

is struggling to take out his units early enough before Lumi/Barriss/JC heals. basically he had too much power for this side , i didnt have the DPS relative to his far higher power rating team to take advantage of Poe's taunt.

Off-topic a bit: Your #1 is running a three Jedi healer team in the arena, still? If it's really a whale, it's a clueless whale. I've not seen a 3 healer arena team in ages, in fact I rarely see even one healer these days (perhaps Daka or Lumi) if that's the top on your server you can absolutely beat him even as F2P if you're smart with your farms. I strongly doubt he's actually a whale, probably just an early member of the server who's now completely out of date.

• Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hes definately a whale.Him and 1 other person are level 67, the rest of the server is 62 and below-its a quite new server. I agree, not a very smart whale, but with that much of a level jump on the rest of us, definitely a whale. Also, because his units are so far ahead in power, healers are more difficult because his units just have that much more hp, even his 'squishies' are practically tanks with an 8k power jump

What i was trying to get at, is that Poggle lead allowing for the inclusion of Geo soldier may be a viable alternative to HK, because of the extra early single target damage. Geo is also just a great toon in general.

All of what Triqui said was true, but he doesn't pack the punch of a geo, and we know with Poe its all about fast, early single target dps to shred the other team before they act

Ally code is 657-226-939
  • Yeah 88 is a good replacement for Hk. Poe will expose before 88s turn, you just need to be careful not to attack anyone affected by expose until 88 can go. It should go Poe,Gs,poggle, 88/86.
    When you get to 70 GS might go before Poe so you shouldn't need to worry about clearing expose on accident.
  • Zarithi wrote: »
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    I actually had a very interesting situation in the Arena today. The resident #1 is a whale with 7-8k power on me depending on my team. For a while my droids could take him out , but lately my team of

Off-topic a bit: Your #1 is running a three Jedi healer team in the arena, still? If it's really a whale, it's a clueless whale. I've not seen a 3 healer arena team in ages, in fact I rarely see even one healer these days (perhaps Daka or Lumi) if that's the top on your server you can absolutely beat him even as F2P if you're smart with your farms. I strongly doubt he's actually a whale, probably just an early member of the server who's now completely out of date.

The whales on my server all have very low overall power but have real heavy hitters. Rey, 7 star FOTP and the like with the omnipresent Poe. Hardly see any healers at all in the top 50. Wish I got such whales here :smile:

Only reason I still make it to the top 10 once in a while is for some reason, the whales are at the most a day ahead in character levels so unless I get pushed down a lot, I still make it.

Sorry for completely derailing the thread but I suppose the OP has already got his advice :wink: