Should I omega mauls unique?

I have him zeta lead. Maybe I'm missing something but the buffs he gets only apply after he kills someone? Or do some apply indefinitely from the start of the match and others added on as he kills people off. I don't use him in tank raid, only arena. Just don't want to waste omegas, as he isn't guaranteed to kill everyone every time. I just need him to daze and his high dps

Replies

• Options
    His unique applys whenever an enemy dies regardless if he is the one doing the killing.
  • Jnbentzel81
    442 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    His unique applys whenever an enemy dies regardless if he is the one doing the killing.

@Ben_kenobi Wow. I did not know that. That's amazing.
  • Options

@Ben_kenobi Wow. I did not know that. That's amazing.

How can u zeta him, without knowing how he works lol..u better spend the omegas on mob enforcer bruh
  • Options
    @Aizfgas why should I pay attention when I can come on here and ask the smart people? All I need them to do is get past their own egos and then they usually answer me, and if they can't get past their own egos,,, someone just as smart and much nicer will come along and help me out :)
  • Options
    Short Answer to the question of the thread: Definitely.

Long Answer: Maul's unique gives him a 20% health bonus right off the bat. Then as he deals damage 10% of that damage he does gets added to his total possible health. The more damage he does, the higher his health will get. Then his potency goes up by 0.3% of whatever his current max health is. So you deal more damage and get more health and in turn get more potency which will allow you to daze more opponents more easily.
    The other half of the unique gives him bonuses after enemies are defeated (doesn't matter how they die, just matters that they died). When the first enemy dies he gains +25% crit chance for the rest of that encounter. When a second enemy dies he gains +25% dodge for the rest of the encounter. When a third enemy dies he gains a nice health steal for the rest of the encounter. If three enemies have been killed Maul will recover 25% of his health with each hit he deals, no matter how much damage it does. And that's in addition to his 20% health steal from the damage that he deals. His unique makes him a beast, especially after Omega'd.
  • Options

@Vertigo and just to clarify, can you confirm that the above statement is accurate?
  • Options

@Vertigo and just to clarify, can you confirm that the above statement is accurate?
    Yes I can confirm it. I've killed 3 enemies before he even got to take a turn and he would still get the 25% health steal on hit. Also, if you watch carefully directly under his health/protection bars where the names of buffs show up when first applied you can see the name of his unique flash whenever an enemy is killed whether or not he killed the enemy.
  • Options
    The Omega is definitely worth it. The evasion, Crit, and heal are from kills, just in general, not needed for him to land it, and the rest of the Omega is always there. Also the 25% isn't 25% health steal, he heals 25% of his max HP anytime he attacks. I remember I used to think it was HP steal before I got him.
  • Options
    The Omega is definitely worth it. The evasion, Crit, and heal are from kills, just in general, not needed for him to land it, and the rest of the Omega is always there. Also the 25% isn't 25% health steal, he heals 25% of his max HP anytime he attacks. I remember I used to think it was HP steal before I got him.

@Alsend_Drake yeah I just wanted to make sure that he didn't need to kill the enemies himself to get those buffs.
  • Options
    @Vertigo @Ben_kenobi @Alsend_Drake here is where the confusion came from: once I equipped the omega, the description was much easier to read, rather than before I equipped it. Reading off of two separate descriptions
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    @Vertigo @Ben_kenobi @Alsend_Drake here is where the confusion came from: once I equipped the omega, the description was much easier to read, rather than before I equipped it. Reading off of two separate descriptions

Agreed, the additive descriptions can be a little confusing with the sheer quantity of words.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Only parts of the unique apply though despite who does the Killing though right? His health only goes up when Maul himself does damage. Or am I wrong?
  • Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    Only parts of the unique apply though despite who does the Killing though right? His health only goes up when Maul himself does damage. Or am I wrong?

It also gives him a solid +20% bonus to his max health
  • irafreak
    121 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Does the health increase carry over on gw battles?
  • Options
    irafreak wrote: »
    Does the health increase carry over on gw battles?

@irafreak it does not. This I can verify since I did omega his unique