Over 300 Energy for 1 MKVII

Its just ridiculous! Im trying to level up my Sid to gear level five. But its impossible!

I need 2 MKVII and i farmed them for like 2 Weeks now. Only got one of them. In the past 3 Days i spend over 300 energy to farm 4-E Normal. I got 121 MKIV the green one from that mission but only one blue item when i need 5 of them.

I can understand that it should be hard to gear up you heros when you need purple stuff. But for gear rank 5?

Replies

• Don't worry, will be worse. Wait until you get to gear 8, you will need 50 MK6 blow dryers. Drop rate is like 5% for me and the mission cost 10 energy.

And the best part is that every hero needs those 50 blow dryers - sid, dooku, lumi, phasma, asajj, chewy, daka etc.

Enjoy this "fun"
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    That ain't half the problem if you're just after 20 for one component... or 50 like Enklave has mentioned for some items... I made a post about it a few weeks back now...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3192/really-50-really#latest

I honesty think whoever come up with the idea to have fifty items for one component needs to be shot! Most people will know I can be quite sarcastic (probably not on these forums but still), but in this case I'm deadly serious (pun intended)

There are heroes that need 50 inside the component of a component that also needs another 50 of the dang thing! It's just plain silly and not what I call fun

Although you can possibly call it good news that some challenges can "potentially" give you five of some of these components on each success... however not all components are currently covered by these challenges...
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Saying the developers need to be shot is extreme. The blow dryers are only needed for gear 8 heroes as far as I can tell. Think of them as long term investments. The next level cap increase is no where in sight so there is no huge hurry to farm them. It's only +25 agility. You can train a hero from gear 1-7 with the same amount of energy it takes to farm 50 blow dryers.

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Its just ridiculous! Im trying to level up my Sid to gear level five. But its impossible!

I need 2 MKVII and i farmed them for like 2 Weeks now. Only got one of them. In the past 3 Days i spend over 300 energy to farm 4-E Normal. I got 121 MKIV the green one from that mission but only one blue item when i need 5 of them.

I can understand that it should be hard to gear up you heros when you need purple stuff. But for gear rank 5?

I would recommend buying the 50/100 crystals refreshes daily and using them for gearing. It's not impossible, I started playing about two weeks ago and got gear seven on four main squad heroes and gear eight on the remaining hero.

Persevere and u too will have the gear completed, good luck, and may RNGesus be with u!
  • Reyia wrote: »

I would recommend buying the 50/100 crystals refreshes daily and using them for gearing. It's not impossible, I started playing about two weeks ago and got gear seven on four main squad heroes and gear eight on the remaining hero.

Persevere and u too will have the gear completed, good luck, and may RNGesus be with u!

Same advice. Almost maxed gear on 5 toons, lvl 66 and at least lvl VI gears on lots of other toons. But I have hardly ever farmed specifically for a part unless I needed just a couple. I usually use the same energy refills and concentrate on farming shards, parts come along. As you level up, the daily challenges and shipments will help push you along.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, the drop rates for the purple stuff is a bit too low. As others have stated, I understand they shouldn't drop every time but when you can do the battle 10 or more times and none drop and you need 20+ items just for a single character, it's pretty ridiculous. Anyone who can't see this type of stuff is just targeted towards the whales who have the desire and crystals to refresh energy a bunch of times a day is nuts.

People can say that it is supposed to be a long term app so having to spend a good bit of time on stuff like this isn't bad but it really isn't because if you can't get your characters up to snuff sooner than later then you will suffer in gw and arena which means less rewards which means falling back even further. It's either pay money on a consistent basis or just be content to have it take ages to improve your team while the p2w people take the easy and quick way.

I think I am about done with this app. I'm in the GW right now and once again, battle 7 shows up and the opponent is more powerful than my A team clearly showing the whole "it's random" thing is just bunk since this is becoming common this week. I have completed the GW every day since the update earlier this month and I probably have a good shot at finishing it today but I'm just getting tired of this and every other issue in the app. The GW was fine to me after the update until recently where something changed with this matchmaking and now it's just frustrating. Doesn't help that the mode has become more of a chore than actually be enjoyable, mainly because for me, completing something all the time just loses interest.

Above all, I'm just bored. It's the same tedious repetitive stuff over and over. That's not a game.

Also doesn't help that the app is getting out of balance between the p2w people and everyone else. I understand that's just the territory for this type of design but this is my first real freemium semi competitive app so I didn't have any experience before I got this.

It'll sound like I must be doing horrible and am just upset but I'm actually doing very well in each mode...I'm just fed up of the design and grind.

The worst part about quitting is just thinking about the last 8 weeks and how that time has basically been for nothing and makes me wish I could at least just give my account/progress to some new player and save them the grind but I don't think that is possible so I'm stuck with the life lesson of never downloading any type of freemium semi competitive app with simplistic gameplay that endorses people to pay their way to their rewards ever again. I think I'm just an old school gamer that actually likes the idea of people putting in work to get their rewards and everyone having to do that rather than some being able to buy it and put the entire thing out of whack because of it.

On the positive side, I only use this app while doing other things like watching tv or at work so it's not like it took away legit free time where I could have been doing something better with it.